Week 2 Overreactions

AFlaccoSeagulls

7 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Lol he’s going to be fine.

Clearly has some gunslinger in his game and is seeing what he can and can’t get away with. Not helping when they’re pass/run splits are jaded so far. Bevell hasn’t been helping much.

Would like to add the Jaguars are 2nd in the league in drops with 7 too.

He has by far the highest uncatchable throws rate as well. 

24 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

they have potential but in reality Baltimore's secondary has proven time and time again to be the best. I don't think games against the Giants and Jaguars really tell us much about Denver's defense, or secondary.

Has nothing to do with who they faced this year. They have a supremely talented secondary with one of the better defensive minds in football shaping it and a QB who isn’t forcing that unit to be on the field all game, unlike just about every year since Peyton.

Again, if you want to argue for someone else go for it, but they are an elite group which is the whole point.

7 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Lol he’s going to be fine.

Clearly has some gunslinger in his game and is seeing what he can and can’t get away with. Not helping when they’re pass/run splits are jaded so far. Bevell hasn’t been helping much.

Would like to add the Jaguars are 2nd in the league in drops with 7 too.

Rookie play callers asking their rookie QB's to consistently make throws down the field, nice.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Has nothing to do with who they faced this year. They have a supremely talented secondary with one of the better defensive minds in football shaping it and a QB who isn’t forcing that unit to be on the field all game, unlike just about every year since Peyton.

Denver's secondary is one of the best in the league with Kyle Fuller/Ronald Darby/Patrick Surtain on the outside, Bryce Callahan at NCB, and Kareem Jackson/Justin Simmons at safety. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Denver's secondary is one of the best in the league with Kyle Fuller/Ronald Darby/Patrick Surtain on the outside, Bryce Callahan at NCB, and Kareem Jackson/Justin Simmons at safety. 

Yeah, I get that Surtain is a rookie and not proven but that unit is no joke. If Surtain ends up being as good as we think (and he showed Sunday), whew.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, I get that Surtain is a rookie and not proven but that unit is no joke. If Surtain ends up being as good as we think (and he showed Sunday), whew.

Vic Fangio has had elite defenses in multiple stops across two decades, he's one of the best defensive coaches in the league. Houston isn't great but they just hired Lovie Smith as their DC who has also built some of the greatest defenses in recent NFL history. 

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

5% higher than anyone else on throws 15+ yards. He’s a rookie and that is a two game sample size you’re using.

I’m shocked I tell ya.

I'm with you, just saying.  My guy is struggling as well too. Playing QB in the NFL is very difficult, especially on bad teams vs good defenses. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Vic Fangio has had elite defenses in multiple stops across two decades, he's one of the best defensive coaches in the league. Houston isn't great but they just hired Lovie Smith as their DC who has also built some of the greatest defenses in recent NFL history. 

Lovie is a damn good DC as long as they can find the players to fit his scheme. I would imagine finding super athletic ILBs to be easier now than 20 years ago since we are seeing the college safety to NFL LB transition more and more. That was a sticking point for the Bears when Urlacher went down, Briggs was solid vs the run but he was significantly better covering flats and outs than he was dropping back and coming forward and scraping.

7 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Is he doing that bad? He basically carried our defense in 2019. It was with blitzes though

His blitzes so often that it becomes more and more predictable and it seems like the team and Adams feel obliged to try to manufacture impact.
It's a boom or bust approach and sure sometimes he can make a splash play or two but all in all he blitzes too much to be effective and is out of the play too often. 
Plus, he's taking bad decisions and his tackling is just average, as is his coverage. 
Nothing like the all-pro player he was in New York... 
The defensive scheme of the Seahawks is not helping him in any case. What about a swap back of the picks for Adams 😛

11 hours ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Orlando Brown Jr was a system linemen for Baltimore and now that he’s in a traditional passing scheme hes being exposed as slow and out of shape

I think was pretty predictable after he got traded to an AFC rival. Lots of OL look good with Lamar Jackson.