Week 3 GDT: (1-1) WFT at (1-1) Buffalo Bills 1 PM EST on FOX

MikeT14

51 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

I think our D gets torn apart this week and Del Rio and Rivera are going to realize change is needed after this week, and our D should get back to what they're supposed to be.

I hope JDR and Rivera will see the light after a spanking.  I'm not optimistic they'll make any big changes before this game, but they absolutely need to if we're going to have a chance.  Bostic has zero chance of keeping Josh Allen contained and if Allen can run when needed, the pass rush will be neutered. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, noptov52 said:

I hope JDR and Rivera will see the light after a spanking.  I'm not optimistic they'll make any big changes before this game, but they absolutely need to if we're going to have a chance.  Bostic has zero chance of keeping Josh Allen contained and if Allen can run when needed, the pass rush will be neutered. 

Since Buffalo is a pass first team, I wouldn’t even have Bostic in the game if I was a def coordinator.

I’d start Hudson at WLB & on passing downs/nickel D, I’d take Davis & Hudson out & go with 3 safeties & 3 CBs, for a 4, 1, 6 look w/ Collins playing pure SS & Curl/McCain playing 2 deep.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Since Buffalo is a pass first team, I wouldn’t even have Bostic in the game if I was a def coordinator.

I’d start Hudson at WLB & on passing downs/nickel D, I’d take Davis & Hudson out & go with 3 safeties & 3 CBs, for a 4, 1, 6 look w/ Collins playing pure SS & Curl/McCain playing 2 deep.

I Like The Way You Think GIFs | Tenor

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Which they will need to do. Because rushing 4 is exactly how the Steelers beat the Bills in Week 1. LBs and DBs need to cover better and our DL need to beat their guy. I think we can blitz here and there, but I don't think that's gonna beat Allen. 

Here are some stats when you look deeper into the Bills and WFT early numbers. Josh Allen has been off  at the start of the year as his completion rate (56%) and yards per pass attempt (5.3 Y/A) have sagged in both games to open the season. It all has to do with pressure right now. Allen has been pressured on 40.2% of his dropbacks (seventh highest). Under pressure, Allen has completed 11-of-31 passes (35.5%) for 128 yards (4.1 Y/A). Against the blitz through two games, Allen has completed 6-of-18 passes for 65 yards (3.6 Y/A) so this explains why Diggs is getting off to some whtat of a slow start. The Steelers and the FIns had no success passing passing against the Bills def. McLaurin will have a tough day but hey McLaurin is the real deal. The Bills have the third-highest pressure rate (33%) and have blitzed at the seventh-highest rate (29.5%). Opposing passers have thrown for 4.9 yards per pass attempt (first) and 8.6 yards per completed pass (second). Sounds like  Mckissic will be busy again. TH has   completed 73.9% of his passes for 336 yards, interesting!!!! Defensively were can I begin there are leaks everywhere. One thing to take note we have been very vulnerable in the slot at the start of the 2021 season. The Chargers wideouts caught 12 passes for 144 yards from the slot while Sterling Shepard caught five for 65 yards from inside. Is this a get right game for Allen. So it doesn't look to good for us on paper, but hey you never know thats why you have to play the game first. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 4209 said:

Here are some stats when you look deeper into the Bills and WFT early numbers. Josh Allen has been off  at the start of the year as his completion rate (56%) and yards per pass attempt (5.3 Y/A) have sagged in both games to open the season. It all has to do with pressure right now. Allen has been pressured on 40.2% of his dropbacks (seventh highest). Under pressure, Allen has completed 11-of-31 passes (35.5%) for 128 yards (4.1 Y/A). Against the blitz through two games, Allen has completed 6-of-18 passes for 65 yards (3.6 Y/A) so this explains why Diggs is getting off to some whtat of a slow start. The Steelers and the FIns had no success passing passing against the Bills def. McLaurin will have a tough day but hey McLaurin is the real deal. The Bills have the third-highest pressure rate (33%) and have blitzed at the seventh-highest rate (29.5%). Opposing passers have thrown for 4.9 yards per pass attempt (first) and 8.6 yards per completed pass (second). Sounds like  Mckissic will be busy again.

TH has completed 73.9% of his passes for 336 yards, interesting!!!! 

Defensively were can I begin there are leaks everywhere. One thing to take note we have been very vulnerable in the slot at the start of the 2021 season.

The Chargers wideouts caught 12 passes for 144 yards from the slot while Sterling Shepard caught five for 65 yards from inside. Is this a get right game for Allen. So it doesn't look to good for us on paper, but hey you never know thats why you have to play the game first. 

If only our defense could play like the Steelers (who weren’t good last week after TJ Watt was hurt) or the Dolphins, we could win this game. It’s mostly up to the D IMO to help deliver this W. I don’t believe much will change w/ JDR’s defensive packages/blitz schemes or lack there of, or how the players play, but I hope it does.

As to the bolded, that’s just TH’s stats vs the Giants. He played 3 quarters vs the Chargers too. His combined seasons stats are:

73.8%, 458 yds, 3 TDs & 1 int for a 104.4 QBR. 

Edited by turtle28

Maybe we win, when I don't make predictions.

So again, nothing from me.

I will say...

Our Defense needs to play much better, if we're gonna have a chance.

And when does the honeymoon wear off of Taylor Heinike, where opposing fans, pundits and QB ratings start giving the guy a little respect?

Does he need to beat Buffalo, Saints, Green Bay, Chiefs & Tampa Bay?

I mean, damn...

Here's to hoping he continues to shine.

I just want to see this team play hard and see if Taylor can keep growing. I’d love to give them a game after them playing so big last week who knows. I’d really love to see Gibson have a breakout game. And hopefully Allen doing Allen things gives Chase his chance to get his as well. Ultimately I want to see a good team effort on defense because it’s gonna take a huge defensive effort.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Maybe we win, when I don't make predictions.

So again, nothing from me.

I will say...

Our Defense needs to play much better, if we're gonna have a chance.

And when does the honeymoon wear off of Taylor Heinike, where opposing fans, pundits and QB ratings start giving the guy a little respect?

Does he need to beat Buffalo, Saints, Green Bay, Chiefs & Tampa Bay?

I mean, damn...

Here's to hoping he continues to shine.

I think most would agree that in order for Heinicke to get the type of respect you’re talking about around the league, he’s got to play good for the rest of the first half of the season.

Every game doesn’t have to be like the last game - and not every game will be like that but he has to consistently play above average to get the respect that he could be a continual good starter for us rather than just a flash in the pan that succeeded in large part due to teams not having a lot of tape on him.

Basically for me, over the next 7 games he has to be at least on average 60%, 250 yard passer each game & he can’t start throwing 2 ints or have 2 turnovers each game, which he’s not done in any game he’s played for us but, I’m just saying he can’t turn into a 2014 Kirk turnover machine.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Allen has been a bit off to start the season.  I think we just need to fluster Josh Allen early and he will never gain his comfort level.  

^This - but I haven't seen anything out of our Defense that makes me think this is a reality. At this point - I am doubting JDR. There is no reason we shouldn't be winning.

19 minutes ago, Troublez said:

^This - but I haven't seen anything out of our Defense that makes me think this is a reality. At this point - I am doubting JDR. There is no reason we shouldn't be winning.

I would say that Jon Allen is providing a heck of a push/penetration up the middle to start the season but outside of that Ioannidis, Tez & Young haven’t gotten home as much as we’d like although they’ve gotten some presides. I’d also say on the rare occasion that we do blitz, our blitzes whether it’s Collins, a LB or a CB haven’t gotten home either, except for Fuller who had a sack of Daniel Jones on a corner blitz.

Edited by turtle28

6 hours ago, offbyone said:

Allen has been a bit off to start the season.  I think we just need to fluster Josh Allen early and he will never gain his comfort level.  

It’d be nice if our DBs can stay w/in 5 yards of the Bills receivers & Allen’s inaccuracy nets us an int or two.