Trevor Lawrence is looking like a bad pick for the Jags

notthatbluestuff

19 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Lawrence’s mechanics went from being largely squeaky clean to begin the year to having some clear issues as well. His footwork has gotten sloppy and he obviously doesn’t trust his receivers. Pretty sure after the 6 drops Sunday he now either leads the league or is tied with 30 on the season.

You had me curious about this stat overall, and I can't find good data on it. This was from a month ago:

and this one I don't know if it's up to date:

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232 

I did lol at this though:

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

You had me curious about this stat overall, and I can't find good data on it. This was from a month ago:

I wish this type of stuff was tractable. Unofficial stat? That's alright, but I would love if I could query the NFLs database to find the exact plays  in the gamelogs that go into the, for example, 6 drops I see from the Patriots. And if each record had a link to the video of said play? Pipe dream but would be heavenly.

15 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Literally saw NFL statistics show we were at 20 something a couple weeks ago and we were in that 6-8 range. Saw another that had Trevor top 5 in drops, and again, we had 6 drops alone last week. 

PFF had Trevor having the 4th most dropped “explosive” throws a few weeks back too.

Not sure how the list you posted was compiled, but I’m fairly certain the Jaguars are among the top in that stat.

Edit:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Not sure how the list you posted was compiled, but I’m fairly certain the Jaguars are among the top in that stat.

I don't know either, I was googling for a little bit trying to find answers because like I said, you had me curious where WFT was and such. It was hard to find. You finding PFF stuff is better than mine in my book!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Who said it did?

It's a joke, the idea being that the Jags are just as likely to beat the Jets now as they were before all these cases were announced (not very). 

Maybe Lawrence can weigh up his lack of supporting cast talent with the lack of opposition talent he'll be throwing against on Sunday (or Monday, Tuesday, whenever it's played).

You've gotta hope that he can at least outplay Zach Wilson. 

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Seems to be a very subjective stat regardless.

It is. Big time. I tend to use PFR just because I believe that is actual record keeping. It currently lists him at 25 which is tied for 5th, but from a percentage standpoint he's a little better. They currently credit him at 5.1% which would be the 10th highest (9th if you remove Brissett who has a pretty limited sample). Darnold was #1, then Fields (6.9%!!!!)  and then there's a really  big drop to Zach Wilson at 6.1%. Herbert, Mahomes and Jimmy G all between 5.8 - 6% 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

It's a joke, the idea being that the Jags are just as likely to beat the Jets now as they were before all these cases were announced (not very). 

Maybe Lawrence can weigh up his lack of supporting cast talent with the lack of opposition talent he'll be throwing against on Sunday (or Monday, Tuesday, whenever it's played).

You've gotta hope that he can at least outplay Zach Wilson. 

As I said 4-5 weeks ago, anyone expecting a 300 yard, 2+ TD week this season is going to be sorely disappointed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Well, he already did that in his first game. Maybe the hope can be that he'll throw a TD for the first time this month. 

Ok?

Not sure if you’re just trying to get a rise out of people here or what.