• NudeTayne use his mod powers for good
    • no more poll options
    • more pole options ;)
    • Natedawgs life matters
    • Mwill have a smile on his dial
    • LGBTQ+ score a 2nd victory over cheddar
    • multiple turnovers and solid defense

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/2021 at 05:12 PM

31 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Our run D is the best I’ve seen since The early 90s. It’s great to see people making tackles at the LOS instead of them getting 6 YPC every game.

Clowney is having a turnaround year. Titans fans don’t believe it .

I wouldn’t even call it a turn around year. All his fancy advanced stats say he’s been good every year. Just doesn’t stay healthy and doesn’t put up box score stats. 

2 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

I am of the opinion that I'm not yet ready to blame the poor play on the obj stuff. I think this is more likely a shoulder thing. That said, I can't dismiss the correlation in play with when obj is out there. It's possible that's a factor, but at thus point I don't think that's it.

Again, I’m not blaming OBJ personally.

He and Baker simply have zero compatibility together.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I wouldn’t even call it a turn around year. All his fancy advanced stats say he’s been good every year. Just doesn’t stay healthy and doesn’t put up box score stats. 

He was bad last year. He played 8 games and acted like he didn’t even wanna be out there. Had 17 tackles 0 sacks.

39 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And 2019? 2020?

This isn’t a small sample size.

You look at some of those bad games in ‘19 and ‘20, came down to him forcing a lot of bad passes and making bad decisions. It didn’t seem like he was making bad decisions today, he was just missing the ball. In ‘19 and ‘20, he is making good enough throws that opposing defenses could capitalize off the bad decision making. Today he was just massively off. This didn’t remind me of bad baker. This was hurt baker to me. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

You look at some of those bad games in ‘19 and ‘20, came down to him forcing a lot of bad passes and making bad decisions. It didn’t seem like he was making bad decisions today, he was just missing the ball. In ‘19 and ‘20, he is making good enough throws that opposing defenses could capitalize off the bad decision making. Today he was just massively off. This didn’t remind me of bad baker. This was hurt baker to me. 

I won’t argue he may be hurt, it’s possible.  But he definitely was pressing.  

The missed opportunity to Felton was a perfect example.

The triple move in the red zone, another example. (Stefanski could be equally at fault, but the “who” isn’t really my point).

Wow Baker plays bad. Defense kicked ***. And we found a kicker. 

Oh and no one once to mention that this game was going to be tough offensively since all our HC scheme comes from this team. They knew our plays and practice against this offense every week. 

Move on everyone. It was a tough game and we saw the Browns win. Baker needs to get right before November. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s not hard to understand, he presses with OBJ in the game and it ****s his timing and progressions up, which in turn goofs his accuracy.

The 3rd/4th down play (whatever it was) where Felton was wide arse open for the first is a perfect example.  He’s waiting for OBJ to do something instead of just making the easy throw to Felton.  That has historically not happened when OBJ is not playing.

Instead of making presnap reads and chucking it, his timing is off.  Again, not an OBJ issue per se, but just a statement of fact.

Perhaps Stefanski tries too hard to get ObJ involved too.  He sure as hell doesn’t make a point of getting touches for anyone else save the backs.

The red zone throw was another one.  A triple move??  JFC.

Let's say I agree with you on Felton and the end zone designed in and out to back pylon route.

Baker's balled out in moments and played really well, but it just can't be ignored that he misses wide open throws at times for a wide variety of reasons not related to OBJ this year and going back to last year.

The wide open misses also go back to last year when OBJ wasn't even on the field. 2 Wide open endzone misses against the Jaguars, wide open misses against the Eagles. Misses against the Jets on potentially playoff deciding plays.

OBJ's negative force presence can't account for things like the miss to a wide open Njoku on the 3rd to final drive against Kansas City nor can it account for the miss to Anthony Schwartz as OBJ wasn't on the field.

Nothing is set in stone regarding Baker. There's still time for him to correct course, but just dropping Baker's issues on OBJ's presence is a gross oversimplification of different season contexts and situations in which Baker has missed throws.

Missed throws happen but some are more egregious than others.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Good win guys. These aren't your Browns from the last 15 years.

When you can win at the LOS on both sides, you're going to win a lot of games. With the way the AFC is playing out, who knows. Maybe this is your year.

Thank you your a really class act hope you beat the rest of are division opponents 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Empire Lies said:

Let's say I agree with you on Felton and the end zone designed in and out to back pylon route.

Baker's balled out in moments and played really well, but it just can't be ignored that he misses wide open throws at times for a wide variety of reasons not related to OBJ this year and going back to last year.

The wide open misses also go back to last year when OBJ wasn't even on the field. 2 Wide open endzone misses against the Jaguars, wide open misses against the Eagles. Misses against the Jets on potentially playoff deciding plays.

I mean, QB’s miss throws, all of them, it happens.

1 minute ago, Empire Lies said:

OBJ's negative force presence can't account for things like the miss to a wide open Njoku on the 3rd to final drive against Kansas City nor can it account for the miss to Anthony Schwartz as OBJ wasn't on the field.

Nothing is set in stone regarding Baker. There's still time for him to correct course, but just dropping Baker's issues on OBJ's presence is a gross oversimplification of different season contexts and situations in which Baker has missed throws.

I’m not sure how many times I’m going to need to repeat this, but at least once more apparently.  I’m not blaming OBJ specifically.  From what my simple arse can see he’s been playing hard, blocking, doing his thing, etc.  

It’s simply a chemistry issue and one that causes Baker to press, which ****s his timing and reads.  OBJ isn’t the bad guy in my mind, just the easiest part of the equation to remove.

Baker for his career:

Year 1 after Hue/Haley/their ish: top 4 DVOA offense with middling receivers and a sketch OL.

Year 2: Awful, for a number of reasons but consistently forced the ball to OBJ and had zero chemistry or rhythm to the offense.

Year 3: More of the same until literally the second OBJ went down at which Baker played borderline elite football.

Year 4: 80% completion and an offense that was more or less humming until OBJ came back, at which point he shts the bed in pretty much every statistical category and the offense starts to struggle. The injury does coincide with this, absolutely.

I’m just saying, at what point does something that’s been kind of apparent for a while now become smack you in your face obvious?  Those two just don’t work.

9 minutes ago, Empire Lies said:

Browns 5 wins no losses on teams other then the chiefs.