Week 4 GDT: Titans (2-1) at Jets (0-3)

-Hope-

Just now, deeluxx3 said:

guy got yanked for a 7th rounder 2nd year player in Jackson

and then wouldn't get put in the game today when we needed him. Literally moving Fulton inside, where he thrives, was decided to be the move over Molden. And Borders was roasted.

so what's the plan with molden then? there's already a ton of writing on the wall

the plan is for him to get better? i'm all for castigating this coaching staff, they deserve it, but this is a 100% insane reaction to a mid-round rookie DB not being ready 4 games into his career.

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Our coaching staff is incompetent. We’ve come out ready to play once in four games, and even that seems generous. 

I'm worried we are headed for a Mularkey situation. I think Vrabel is a great HC as the CEO type that delegates to OC/DC. At some point, he is going to have to look in the mirror and admit his defense isn't working. After last season, they overhauled the defensive roster; essentially passing the blame on the players. Well, it's majority new players and it still isn't working. If Vrabel is unwilling to give up control on defense we may be headed for divorce.

Just now, deeluxx3 said:

guy got yanked for a 7th rounder 2nd year player in Jackson

and then wouldn't get put in the game today when we needed him. Literally moving Fulton inside, where he thrives, was decided to be the move over Molden. And Borders was roasted.

so what's the plan with molden then? there's already a ton of writing on the wall

Don't know what the plan with Molden is. But no player is "done here" 4 games in to their rookie season.

Of all the things to be mad and rage about, this ain't one of them.

This game showed me that outside of Julio and AJ we have no WRs who can win 1on1 matchups or 50/50 balls. We’re depending on undrafted guys which is sad

Jackrabbit is a liability in coverage and we still play 10 yards off.

Oline is terrible 

We still need a kicker 

1 minute ago, TwoToneBlue said:

I'm worried we are headed for a Mularkey situation. I think Vrabel is a great HC as the CEO type that delegates to OC/DC. At some point, he is going to have to look in the mirror and admit his defense isn't working. After last season, they overhauled the defensive roster; essentially passing the blame on the players. Well, it's majority new players and it still isn't working. If Vrabel is unwilling to give up control on defense we may be headed for divorce.

simply incredible that we replaced mularkey with Cool Mularkey. A+ organization

We just aren't dominant. 

We might lose to the jags fa real. Straight up. We definitely won't dominate them. 

We can't do that to teams. I saw the Texans pretty much got smoked. We'd never beat anyone like that. 

So are we horrible. Are the coaches horrible. Team isn't horrible. We just are average. About 16-17 out of 32. 

Can go up or down 3 or 4 spots on any given week. 

Tannehill didn't lose the game. The line didn't lose the game. No one area lost us the game. 

This team lost the game. Not trying to be deep or anything like that but this team lost it. The fact that each one of us can point to almost a different point or person and blame them is a problem. 

It's. Not one area. Its a failure in multiple areas and it consistently is the case. 

I mean other teams lost. We aren't in some crazy hole.  But you don't lose to the Jets and expect to be a top team. 

Jist average. 

• Like 1

Just now, TitanLegend said:

Don't know what the plan with Molden is. But no player is "done here" 4 games in to their rookie season.

Yeah, he's not done yet. However, he was drafted as a strictly slot player so if he is unable to adjust to NFL game, then he won't be around for long.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

I'm not mad or raging, just observing. 

He had a terrible first couple games and got benched. Then there was an opportunity for him to see the field again, and the decision was to legit take our best outside corner and play him inside -- thus putting a mediocre outside corner in Borders in the game -- rather than keeping Fulton outside and play Molden in the spot he was drafted to play in

like let's call a spade a spade here. I'm sure Radunz will be a pro bowl RT this time next year.

Just now, deeluxx3 said:

I'm not mad or raging, just observing. 

He had a terrible first couple games and got benched. Then there was an opportunity for him to see the field again, and the decision was to legit take our best outside corner and play him inside -- thus putting a mediocre outside corner in Borders in the game -- rather than keeping Fulton outside and play Molden in the spot he was drafted to play in

like let's call a spade a spade here. I'm sure Radunz will be a pro bowl RT this time next year.

it's a bad observation then lol. you're conveniently ignoring guys like fulton who did nothing their rookie year and are now among our best players. your complaint is with the coaching staff and shouldn't be to close the door on a rookie who has played 4 games.

2 minutes ago, 615finest said:

This game showed me that outside of Julio and AJ we have no WRs who can win 1on1 matchups or 50/50 balls. We’re depending on undrafted guys which is sad

Jackrabbit is a liability in coverage and we still play 10 yards off.

Oline is terrible 

We still need a kicker 

We do need a kicker but he was automatic for the most part. But we stretched his limits. And shouldn't expect more from our what 4th kicker this season. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Surrounding himself with friends instead of quality football coaches. Hell, even Pees was just a buddy, but at least he had some sort of resume to be point too. The current coordinators have nothing resembling qualifications beyond familiarity with Vrabel.

I desperately wanted Jay Gruden as OC & Wade Phillips on DC man Vrabel wouldn’t have to worry bout sh!t but managing players 

3 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

The problem is that this isn’t Mularkey. This isn’t a coach Robinson had forced on him. It’s his hand-picked guy. So I’m not sure he’s going to have the same willingness to pull the trigger like he did with Mularkey.

• Like 1