The Trevon Diggs Thread

textaz03

1 hour ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

A pick in every game to start the season is an insane start in itself but it get even more insane when you look at who he has been up against...

Week 1: Mike Evans or Cris Godwin

Week 2: Keenan Allen

Week 3: Devontae Smith

Week 4: D.J. Moore 

DPOY candidate no question. The timing of his picks are something else too, seems like it always happens when we need him the most.

He's not only a playmaker, but a shutdown corner as well. 

38 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I think it was experience (he was a WR recruit I think) and the fact that he was worse than Surtain in college.

Yeah, he was really inexperienced at CB. Inexperience and cornerback don’t tend to mix well in the NFL.

But Diggs has great traits, the ball skills that once made him a potential pro on offense, it sounds like his work ethic is terrific, and he gets to train with his All-Pro receiver brother in the offseason.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Yeah, he was really inexperienced at CB. Inexperience and cornerback don’t tend to mix well in the NFL.

But Diggs has great traits, the ball skills that once made him a potential pro on offense, it sounds like his work ethic is terrific, and he gets to train with his All-Pro receiver brother in the offseason.

He really is a WR playing CB. The ball skills are beyond special. His field awareness is absolutely incredible, and he’s getting better by the game. 

From Reddit: Diggs compared to 2020 2nd round WRs. 

Name (pick) - Receptions/yards/TDs

———

Tee Higgins (33) - 10/118/2

Michael Pittman (34) - 23/279/0

Laviska Shenault (42) - 19/194/0

KJ Hamler (46) - 5/74/0

Chase Claypool (49) - 15/211/0

Treyvon Diggs (51) - 5/82/1

Van Jefferson (57) - 13/226/2

Denzel Mims (59) - 1/40/0

• Like 3

I just watched him back vs the Eagles, n one thing I think that was overlooked is that he completely dominated his ex college teammates. But the best part of it was that he was letting them know about it too! They said this entire offseason was about finding dogs, and they found some! No I think the dogs are multiplying. The confidence is oozing.

I think the best thing to ever happen to Diggs was being forced to play CB1 last year. He learned so much going against all the WR1s. Heck most the rookies did. Those reps showed why so many are showing growth now. And this year seeing the same with the rookies. You have to give it to the Dallas scouts and coaches for nailing the drafts picks these last few years. Overall they have been outstanding. 

Getting Diggs where they did was a damn steal and it seems they did it again with Micah and also snatching Golston from that same pick. Excellent. Now they just need to find someone to play opposite Diggs and this secondary can start to be dominate. It is still their weakest position.