Where does Davis Mills' performance today rank among the all-time worst?

biggie.

30 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

What was Jake Delhomme's statline against the Cardinals in the 2008 playoffs? Because that's probably the worst performance I've seen.

wasn't that on his birthday too?

___
https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/210923005

Ty Detmer had 9 drives, threw 8 INT (one negated by penalty) and 1 TD... against the Browns

also the game before Ryan Leaf super snapped at the media

Edited by Trojan

15 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Lol yikes! Someone recently tried to tell me that Davis Mills has been more impressive than Mac Jones this season. 

I mean - he didn't look BAD against the Panthers. Didn't look good, but didn't look bad either.

• Like 1

Kim McQuilken in 1975 for the Atlanta Falcons against the Minnesota Vikings was bad.

5/26, 43 yards, and 5 INT. He was also sacked 3 times. To be fair that was in a rain soaked field, in a less passer friendly era. 

Davis Mills even for a rookie had an all time bad stat line this game. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

On 10/4/2021 at 12:23 PM, BroncoSojia said:

What was Jake Delhomme's statline against the Cardinals in the 2008 playoffs? Because that's probably the worst performance I've seen.

Ah yes, Jake Delhomme.  That era of Delhomme was a sight to behold if you were a fan of QB implosions.  In fact, I MUCH rather prefer that kind of bad quarterbacking than Clausen's because at least they are big plays instead of boring me to sleep

Delhomme might not have had the worst individual game, but I'm not sure there is any other QB who in a year stretch had the kind of consistent clunkers that Delhomme had.  I mean, where do we begin?  The crazy thing is the Cardinals game probably wasn't even close to his worst one.

vs Cardinals, 2008 Playoffs - 17/34, 205 yards, 1 TD, 5 INTs, 39.1 QB Rating, 1 Fumble

vs Eagles, 2009 Week 1 - 7/17, 73 yards, 0 TDs, 4 INTs, 14.7 QB Rating, 1 Fumble

vs Bucs, 2008 Week 6 - 20/39, 242 yards, 0 TDs, 3 INTs, 38.6 QB Rating

vs Raiders, 2008 Week 10 - 7/27, 72 yards, 1 TD, 4 INTs, 12.3 QB Rating

vs Jets, 2009 Week 12 (John Fox really waited until Week 12 to bench this man, and only did so because of an "injury") - 14/34, 130 yards, 0 TDs, 4 INTs 

In a 12 game stretch, Delhomme threw 23 INTs and 9 TDs.  Everyone craps on Peterman, but the Panthers willingly started their own Peterman for 12 straight games lol it was unbelievable.  And it wasn't like he was playing on bad teams.  The 2008 and 2009 Panthers were damn good.  Elite WR.  Elite running game.  Top tier OL.  Very good defense.  Delhomme single-handedly ruined the team (along with Ken Lucas in the playoffs).

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 2

On 10/3/2021 at 7:35 PM, iknowcool said:

Todd Collins (Bears), 2010, vs Panthers

6/16, 32 yards, 4 INTs

That stat-line doesn't even do justice how bad he played

Crazy thing is.... Bears won that game.  Without a doubt, by far, the worst NFL game I've ever seen.  And certainly the worst combined quarterbacked game of the modern era.  I don't even think there is a close second.  6 combined INTs.  0 passing TDs.  22 total completions.  NOT EVEN 100 COMBINED NET PASSING YARDS.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201010100car.htm

Moore's QB Rating was 18.7.  Clausen's was 29.7.  Collins' was 6.2.  Lawd.  You had to watch it to believe it.

damn I remember some posters being excited about Clausen 

On 10/4/2021 at 1:41 PM, tyler735 said:

Lol yikes! Someone recently tried to tell me that Davis Mills has been more impressive than Mac Jones this season. 

He actually played better than expected against the Panthers, especially on a short week. But man he was terrible last week. I've never been a fan of Mac Jones but he earned my respect against Tampa, dude wasn't scared at all.