1. 1. GOTW

• (5-0) #4 Penn State at (5-0) #3 Iowa
    • (4-1) #14 Notre Dame at (3-1) Virginia Tech 7:30 EST ACCN
    • (4-1) #13 Arkansas at (3-1) #17 Ole Miss, Noon EST ESPN
    • (5-0) #6 Oklahoma at (4-1) #21 Texas, Noon EST ABC
    • (5-0) #2 Georgia at (4-1) #18 Auburn, 3:30 PM EST CBS
    • Other

Just now, NYRaider said:

Sark's substance abuse issue resulted in him being fired mid-season which then snowballed into Helton taking over. USC has been mediocre ever since that point. I'd say that agreeing to take a job at $4M per year and showing up drunk is definitely screwing the program.

A ridiculously ignorant and selfish take, but hey do you.

5 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

He's not really playing in the system at all, but shows some presence to extend plays and has made a few pretty ridiculous throws on the run. Lots of mistakes, but man that's a ball of clay.

It's his legs that Ratter doesn't have.  Hurts could do it.  Murray could obviously do it.  Mayfield could do it.  Rattler isn't a statue by any means, but he doesn't quite have those legs.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

A ridiculously ignorant and selfish take, but hey do you.

You're right, Sark's the victim for collecting $10M from Washington, dipping as soon as USC's sanctions were lifted, collecting another $8M from USC and then consistently showing up drunk to practices and games. 

Just now, MWil23 said:

Alcoholism isn’t necessarily linear. Addiction is complicated. It doesn’t absolve him from future concerns not does it make him a complete villain either. JMHO

Yeah addiction is a serious thing and I'm happy Sark has gotten his life together. But he had issues with alcohol at UW, was selfish of him to agree to take the USC job when he wasn't in a good place mentally.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah addiction is a serious thing and I'm happy Sark has gotten his life together. But he had issues with alcohol at UW, was selfish of him to agree to take the USC job when he wasn't in a good place mentally.

I don’t disagree with that in a vacuum, except for the fact that it’s likely he was still in the denial stage.

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

I don’t disagree with that in a vacuum, except for the fact that it’s likely he was still in the denial stage.

Or, that he had a family and got a very public, massive job offer that would have been suspicious to turn down. If his number 1 goal was to hide his drinking, which it probably was, he'd have some serious 'splaining to do.