Week 5 GDT: Raiders (3-1) vs Bears (2-2)

NYRaider

Who ya got?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Raiders
    • Bears

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Gruden gotta go

Complete restart. Gruden, Mayock, Cable, Carr, axe them all. 

Keep Waller obviously, keep Kolton, keep Ruggs and Renfrow, keep our Secondary, and keep Yannick and Max (although Max needs to be a rotational guy, his run defense is god awful). 

Get rid of everyone else. Jacobs too, always god damn injured or playing injured. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Keep Waller obviously, keep Kolton, keep Ruggs and Renfrow, keep our Secondary, and keep Yannick and Max (although Max needs to be a rotational guy, his run defense is god awful). 

Get rid of everyone else. Jacobs too, always god damn injured or playing injured. 

Honestly if you really think about it this was a game for clelin Ferrell. Not sure why he didn’t play more

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Honestly if you really think about it this was a game for clelin Ferrell. Not sure why he didn’t play more

Clelins not bringing anything really since his demotion, which is a shame because it takes the players who are starting and not starting to win games. 

7 minutes ago, KlenlyKenny said:

Clelins not bringing anything really since his demotion, which is a shame because it takes the players who are starting and not starting to win games. 

I’m saying if you want to stop the run from a defensive end perspective he’s the best defensive and run defender we have. That said ultimately we only gave up 20 points

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

I’m saying if you want to stop the run from a defensive end perspective he’s the best defensive and run defender we have. That said ultimately we only gave up 20 points

Yup. We're just not seeming to find that impact in his role now, which is unfortunate. 20 points isn't that bad though, I agree. The offense could have found a way to win the game today, missed the two point conversation also. 

Edited by KlenlyKenny
  • Like 1

The sky is not falling yet. We have Denver, NYG, and Philly in our next 3. But WE need to play better. Carr needs to finally man up and call out bad execution. And get on the same page as his receivers. He leads them when they sit and they sit when he leads them. And he needs to acknowledge his own unwillingness to use his legs when it counts and rectify it.

And we need to bench andre james in favor of Nick Martin. And we need to bench Simpson for Eleumenor when Eleumenor gets healthy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I don't usually post in the game day thread as I'm quite a logical and thoughtful person and do get overly excited and emotional watching games so I know my posts will be a knee jerk reaction 😁😁 but I gotta say right now I'd be down for just blowing the whole lot up and starting again from scratch 😤

I'll probably feel differently in the morning after a night's sleep but man, that was tough to watch, I get so frustrated, especially when other teams seem to turn around so quickly and even the freekin' Browns eventually get it right......how can we continually make these school boy errors.......... Just the same oh so obvious things tripping us up over and over again, things that we all can see coming a mile off but the FO apparently are oblivious too.

Oh, well. The best bridge between despair and hope is a good night's sleep they say..........

7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The sky is not falling yet. We have Denver, NYG, and Philly in our next 3. But WE need to play better. Carr needs to finally man up and call out bad execution. And get on the same page as his receivers. He leads them when they sit and they sit when he leads them. And he needs to acknowledge his own unwillingness to use his legs when it counts and rectify it.

And we need to bench andre james in favor of Nick Martin. And we need to bench Simpson for Eleumenor when Eleumenor gets healthy.

What I figure it out from today is it’s not the end of the season problem. The problem is whenever the Raiders start being talked about in a positive light they start laying eggs.

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Edwards has no idea what to do I wager. Still Carr needs to hit him and not lead him. You have to throw for the completion, not to "execute" the play.

That was a horrible throw regardless. No need to hop. Just set your feet and drop it in.

12 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You’ll change your tune once we lose to Denver.

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You’ll change your tune once we lose to Denver.

LOL I did say that in another post. We need to win that game. I don't care how. Must win for me.

9 minutes ago, RaiderX said:

That was a horrible throw regardless. No need to hop. Just set your feet and drop it in.

Yep. I'm just pointing out things need to be working in sync and they're not. That's garbage footwork. No need to be cute, just throw a rocket to Edwards there.