Week 5 GDT: Raiders (3-1) vs Bears (2-2)

NYRaider

Who ya got?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Raiders
    • Bears

43 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

he did that a few times in the game which will always be the thing that pisses me off about Carr

Josh Allen runs 4.7 and runs

Patrick Mahomes runs 4.8 and runs

Derek Carr runs 4.6 and doesn't run

Because he is scared. It's that simple. He is tough. He will get back up and he will play hurt but he looks completely erratic when things brake down. He looses composure quickly and doesn't want to take hits hence doesn't look to run. It is what it is. Some QBs thrive in those spots to make something out of nothing. Some want to live to fight another day. 

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Because he is scared. It's that simple. He is tough. He will get back up and he will play hurt but he looks completely erratic when things brake down. He looses composure quickly and doesn't want to take hits hence doesn't look to run. It is what it is. Some QBs thrive in those spots to make something out of nothing. Some want to live to fight another day. 

But I was the bad guy for bringing up he gets shook at times. People wanted to pretend that the bothering a qb by applying pressure and moving him off his spot,  is the same as what bosa said. It really isn't. Like you said he gets erratic, dont really want to take off. Sure it's gotten better his 8 years in the league but you still clearly see traces of it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Carr could have done the easy thing and ran for the first down and reset with a fresh set of downs. But he's not about that life

If Edwards runs upfield it’s a TD, I’d rather have a TD than a first down, especially the way the Oline was playing. Receiver and QB not in sync. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The OL and Carr/the receivers aren't on the same page. It's so frustrating.

Look at these bums....  Letherwood blocks James and Parker....  well he blocks no one LOL 

It's sad but also funny.   Gruden needs to be fired.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

3 hours ago, dante9876 said:

But I was the bad guy for bringing up he gets shook at times. People wanted to pretend that the bothering a qb by applying pressure and moving him off his spot,  is the same as what bosa said. It really isn't. Like you said he gets erratic, dont really want to take off. Sure it's gotten better his 8 years in the league but you still clearly see traces of it. 

I've been saying the same thing since his injury in 2016. Bosa was 100% accurate. You watch that play, if he hangs in there he get a wide open waller. He folded to absorb the hit. Maybe you can argue he was trying to protect the ball, but he flat was not looking down field. And that is losing football. 

There is a lot I like about Carr. He's been a great transition QB, but to think he can take you deep into the playoffs, I just don't see it.

Denver (Fangio) is the architect of the defense SD and Chicago run. Will be another chance to rebound, but he's going to see a lot of the same stuff. 

2 hours ago, Dessie said:

If Edwards runs upfield it’s a TD, I’d rather have a TD than a first down, especially the way the Oline was playing. Receiver and QB not in sync. 

I don't disagree. But certainly didn't like how Carr rushed that throw. It's 4th down, you have to move the chains

• Like 1

7 hours ago, G said:

With Gruden gone. If I'm Mayock I'm talking to Mark about trading for Mack before the deadline. Not because of 'need' but saying...WE F'ed up. Come home. 

First act of his as GM is trading away high draft picks to pacify Raider Nation.... you miss me with this. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dante9876 said:

He looked shook vs Chicago too especially after a couple hits and Mack started talking in his ear

17 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Look at these bums....  Letherwood blocks James and Parker....  well he blocks no one LOL 

It's sad but also funny.   Gruden needs to be fired.

This is why Cable needs to be fired. The only one who maintained his block was Waller, a TE, not an OL, not to mention he was blocking Mack. What a joke. I won't respect any HC that doesn't fire Cable.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Carr could have done the easy thing and ran for the first down and reset with a fresh set of downs. But he's not about that life

Hindsight.  If he'd ran and came up short or fumbled you'd be saying why didn't he throw it.  No QB is perfect and they won't always choose the best thing to do.  

None of it matters though.  The team played like crap and deserved to lose.  Carr could've have done a lot better.  Receivers couldn't catch a cold.  Oline is in shambles.  Running game is non-existent.  Defense while improved still can't tackle and get off the field.