Week 5 GDT: Raiders (3-1) vs Bears (2-2)

NYRaider

Who ya got?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Raiders
    • Bears

21 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The sky is not falling yet. We have Denver, NYG, and Philly in our next 3. But WE need to play better. Carr needs to finally man up and call out bad execution. And get on the same page as his receivers. He leads them when they sit and they sit when he leads them. And he needs to acknowledge his own unwillingness to use his legs when it counts and rectify it.

And we need to bench andre james in favor of Nick Martin. And we need to bench Simpson for Eleumenor when Eleumenor gets healthy.

We shouldn't be favored in 2 of those 3 games. Eagle dline is very good. Hargrove gonna kill our interior oline. Broncos going to attack Parker relentlessly. I don't know 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

We shouldn't be favored in 2 of those 3 games. Eagle dline is very good. Hargrove gonna kill our interior oline. Broncos going to attack Parker relentlessly. I don't know 

Me neither. I'm just trying to level. The honeymoon period is over for this team. It's put up or shut up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

If I had to guess, 

Broncos favored by 2

Eagles/Raiders is a pick em game

Raiders/Giants is Raiders favored by 2

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Edwards has no idea what to do I wager. Still Carr needs to hit him and not lead him. You have to throw for the completion, not to "execute" the play.

This is how Carr has always played, under Gruden at least.  He runs the play and throws the ball to where it is supposed to go and where the receiver is supposed to be.  You can blame Carr for not coming off script, but it's really the WR not running the right route. It's difficult to play WR in Gruden's offense and it's typically why he likes old vets over young guys.

It's why good route runners like Waller and Renfrow feast.  Others stop getting the ball because they can't be trusted to be where they're supposed to be.

We could simplify it I'm sure, but our offense seems too simplified as it is right now.

14 minutes ago, true2form said:

This is how Carr has always played, under Gruden at least.  He runs the play and throws the ball to where it is supposed to go and where the receiver is supposed to be.  You can blame Carr for not coming off script, but it's really the WR not running the right route. It's difficult to play WR in Gruden's offense and it's typically why he likes old vets over young guys.

It's why good route runners like Waller and Renfrow feast.  Others stop getting the ball because they can't be trusted to be where they're supposed to be.

We could simplify it I'm sure, but our offense seems too simplified as it is right now.

You could say that for every season Gruden has been here. I know his ego wouldn't let him do it, but maybe Cable should be fired and let the OC call plays. Gruden has shown he isn't the offensive mastermind people think he is.

The game was over before that throw anyway. 

It ended when we couldn't get 1 yard on two tries. It ended when gruden decides to run to the worst part of the offense on critical downs. It ended when all we had to do was get out in front and make fields a passer and offense couldn't do nothing. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

I was one of the two who said the Bears would win because the Bears front seven was going to destroy the Raider's OL, which they did.

The Raiders did not lose yesterday because of the line. They lost because they didn’t come to play. 

17 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

The OL is the most important unit on offense. Not showing up is the reason the Raiders lost.

OL has nothing to do with not catching the ball on multiple occasions that would've been a big plays

Sure OL had a roll but we can't confuse it with last week. I understand that's why we lost against the chargers. But this week there were a handful of problems. 

On 10/7/2021 at 9:40 AM, Jeremy408 said:

It’s a forgone conclusion that they’re gonna win. I’m looking to see how they win. 

if the win by 2 or more scores it will have meant nothing beside the fact that the can bounce back 

if the game is within one score. The Raiders are in trouble this year

if the Raiders lose this game then you can’t trust the Raiders this year bottom line 

Frustrated World Cup GIF

• Like 1

3 hours ago, true2form said:

Carr could have done the easy thing and ran for the first down and reset with a fresh set of downs. But he's not about that life

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Carr could have done the easy thing and ran for the first down and reset with a fresh set of downs. But he's not about that life

he did that a few times in the game which will always be the thing that pisses me off about Carr

Josh Allen runs 4.7 and runs

Patrick Mahomes runs 4.8 and runs

Derek Carr runs 4.6 and doesn't run

• Like 1