GDT 10/11/21 Week 5: 3-1 Baltimore Ravens vs 1-3 Indianapolis Colts

DreamKid

Just now, Danger said:

'sides, you guys got my boy Oweh. I was hype about him since he committed to Penn State.

When I was searching his name in the forum for info, I think it was you I saw posting about his commitment to PSU years back. You've definitely been on it. Crazy they had him and Parson at the same time- with not all that much to show for it.

5 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

When I was searching his name in the forum for info, I think it was you I saw posting about his commitment to PSU years back. You've definitely been on it. Crazy they had him and Parson at the same time- with not all that much to show for it.

Offensive coordinator turnover and Clifford being a middling QB will do that.

Just now, berlin calling said:

can i get a boring 2 score win for once. Its always drama with this team.

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll lock in that boring 2 score win for you on Sunday vs the Chargers.........

By the end of the 2021 season Ravens fans are going to look like that kid from 'Come and See'

28895id-137.jpg

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll lock in that boring 2 score win for you on Sunday vs the Chargers.........

By the end of the 2021 season Ravens fans are going to look like that kid from 'Come and See'

28895id-137.jpg

WC team on at 1pm eastern time... I'll take our chances. At least we'll be equipped to have a chance in a shootout. 

The Good, The Bad and The Fraudulent

The Good

• LJ8 - He has the biggest Backpack I've seen in a very long time. The price is only going up and at this current point in the season, EDC owes him a contract of 1 Billion United Murica Dollars with 900 Million guaranteed
  • The WR's - Hollywood, Duv, Proche and even Watkins before he got hurt. Keep getting better folks
  • Mandrews - The King has returned and I love to see it
  • Greg Roman - Yes, I hate him so, but I always keep the same energy good or bad. Called a helluva game even when I was crying for the run inside the 5. I still stand by that sentiment, but they threw the ball all over the field and I gotta give credit
  • Oh, he knows Dey Weh - Odafe Oweh... that's the tweet
  • Calais Campbell - I see you, pimp. I see you want all the smoke
  • Tavon Young - Had a great game for the most part*    *More on that later

The Bad

• The defense - I mean, what the hell was that, Wink?
  • The LB's - We might have to look outside the organization because this cannot continue with these boys
  • Anthony Averette - You've played well most of the year, but last night was just absurd and he must be better
  • The Tackling - I know we want the Athletic guys, but we need some dogs who can lay the hammer with textbook tackling because sheesh!

The Fraudulent

• Tavon Young's penalty - If we loss and I were Steven, I would've cut him because that's how mad I was 
  • The running game - What a lackluster way to see the streak end. Life sometimes isn't fair
  • Humphrey - I'm trying to give my mans a pass, but he hasn't looked like the Marlon we know.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head. As usual feel free to add and chime in. The Chargers are coming to The Vault on a short week for us, but that's no matter long as we have the human Backpack... Lamar, King of The North. This is going to be a tough task, but as long as LJ8 is behind center I know we'll at least have a chance in any game.

Let's go, boys!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RavensfanRD said:

The Good, The Bad and The Fraudulent

The Good

• LJ8 - He has the biggest Backpack I've seen in a very long time. The price is only going up and at this current point in the season, EDC owes him a contract of 1 Billion United Murica Dollars with 900 Million guaranteed
  • The WR's - Hollywood, Duv, Proche and even Watkins before he got hurt. Keep getting better folks
  • Mandrews - The King has returned and I love to see it
  • Greg Roman - Yes, I hate him so, but I always keep the same energy good or bad. Called a helluva game even when I was crying for the run inside the 5. I still stand by that sentiment, but they threw the ball all over the field and I gotta give credit
  • Oh, he knows Dey Weh - Odafe Oweh... that's the tweet
  • Calais Campbell - I see you, pimp. I see you want all the smoke
  • Tavon Young - Had a great game for the most part*    *More on that later

The Bad

• The defense - I mean, what the hell was that, Wink?
  • The LB's - We might have to look outside the organization because this cannot continue with these boys
  • Anthony Averette - You've played well most of the year, but last night was just absurd and he must be better
  • The Tackling - I know we want the Athletic guys, but we need some dogs who can lay the hammer with textbook tackling because sheesh!

The Fraudulent

• Tavon Young's penalty - If we loss and I were Steven, I would've cut him because that's how mad I was 
  • The running game - What a lackluster way to see the streak end. Life sometimes isn't fair
  • Humphrey - I'm trying to give my mans a pass, but he hasn't looked like the Marlon we know.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head. As usual feel free to add and chime in. The Chargers are coming to The Vault on a short week for us, but that's no matter long as we have the human Backpack... Lamar, King of The North. This is going to be a tough task, but as long as LJ8 is behind center I know we'll at least have a chance in any game.

Let's go, boys!

Flip Marlon into "Bad" and the LB's into "Frauds" and you've got what I have. Actually, put our tackling into "frauds" as well because it's clearly this team has fraudulent tacklers.

Averett got MF exposed badly as a fraud on the outside last night. Like wow I've never seen someone play so scared with safety help in my life. He was treating their WR3/WR4's like they were Randy Moss.

Marlon is like borderline fraudulent at this point as well with his awful coverage and horrible tackling.

• Like 1

So that was the most exciting half of Ravens football I've seen in a long time. Big plays on offense and big plays given up by the defense. Basically just big plays all the time. I don't regret staying up late and having to work early. Man that was fun. And sad. Then fun again!

I know the defense needs work but think about the offense's progress now then add in a more functional OL. Yes please. Not sure what can be done with the defense at this point. It's just... off at every level. This might be more of a coaching thing than anything. Not that Harbaugh will actual do anything about it of course.

15 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

This might be more of a coaching thing than anything. Not that Harbaugh will actual do anything about it of course.

It's definitely a coaching issue, or at least that's the major contributing factor.

The only players we don't have from the defense that was exceptional in the playoffs against the Titans and Bills are Marcus Peters, LJ Fort, Derek Wolfe, Jihad Ward, and Judon/Ngakoue. The last two are irrelevant because we barely played Yanny and we're rushing the passer better without Judon. Ward was a good edge setter in a part time role, Wolfe is one the best run defending DIs in the league, and clearly LJ Fort was our best LB. I don't see just that adding up to this level of rot and diminished capability though. Schematically we've been caught with our pants down way too much and collectively we're just seeing poor form in many general areas, tackling chief among them.

I truly hate the Ryan brothers and want Rob off this team. Past that, Wink needs to be held accountable- as does Harbaugh. This kind of defensive play isn't acceptable in Baltimore. 

AA not being as good as Marcus Peters and super vulnerable to size at WR is understandable. The Deshon Elliot injury shuffle hurting us is understandable. Even the down to down reliability of the LB corps being hurt with LJ's injury is understandable. Everything else though? F that. We can't tackle. Teams small ball us to death with screens and short passes. And we consistently have receivers running wide open against us. If these issues aren't fixed coaches will need to be fired, no other way around it.

I mean what do our coaches think all of our top and upcoming opponents are going to do? Ekeler for the Chargers, CEH for the Chiefs, Harris for the Steelers, Chubb/Hunt for the Browns... it's going to be an onslaught of teams going for what has already crushed us this year. Gut check time for everyone involved on the defensive side. 

Still think he's primarily a big athlete just kind of running around the field, remain not high on the pick. If he develops I'll gladly eat all kinds of crow though. Happy to see him have some bright moments(that TD saving tackle on JT was all kinds of huge), and even happier to see those bright spots acknowledged. 

Also, Oweh. That is all. 😄

Still think he's primarily a big athlete just kind of running around the field, remain not high on the pick. If he develops I'll gladly eat all kinds of crow though. Happy to see him have some bright moments(that TD saving tackle on JT was all kinds of huge), and even happier to see those bright spots acknowledged. 

Also, Oweh. That is all. 😄

I mean the guy has been playing defensive back for like 3 years, maybe we can give him some time to develop?