Week 6: VIKINGS (2-3) at Panthers (3-2)

swede700

15 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

We are fun though so that's something.

I could see Patrick Peterson going on IR here shortly.

I just read the injury isn't thought to be too serious . . . it was downgraded to cramps?  Not sure if that's journalistic freedom, but I didn't get to see the play.  Was it bad?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ArcticNorseman said:

I just read the injury isn't thought to be too serious . . . it was downgraded to cramps?  Not sure if that's journalistic freedom, but I didn't get to see the play.  Was it bad?

I thought it looked worse than cramps but it could be

3 hours ago, ArcticNorseman said:

It looked like Patrick pulled up after stepping awkwardly in a seam in the carpet.  His leg stopped moving forward for a half second, but didn't bend in an unnatural, awkward way.  So, I doubt it was anything serious.  I guess it could possibly be a slight muscle pull.  But it's been "downgraded" to a muscle cramp.  I have no reason to believe it's anything more than that.

Late edit:  Some people have reported that Peterson couldn't put any weight at all on his inured leg when he walked off, and that it was a hamstring pull (no mention of its relative severity).  But good that he has 2 weeks to heal.

Edited by Robb_K

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

It’s sucks being on the losing end of these types of games, but it’s awesome being on the winning side. 

Personally, I’d rather watch a win like today than a win like the Seattle game. 

Really? You must be young. Because it would be great to just for once put a team away and win quietly. I’m 45 and probably shouldn’t be putting my heart through this. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, joeybrowner47 said:

Really? You must be young. Because it would be great to just for once put a team away and win quietly. I’m 45 and probably shouldn’t be putting my heart through this. 

It’s all about entertainment. And there’s not much more entertaining than a close football game. 

• Like 1

Hate that the defense gave up a 96 yard drive at the end of the game to Sam Darnold of all QBs. I’m hesitant to proclaim that the defense has turned the corner give they’ve faced some bad QB play the last few weeks in Mayfield, Goff and Darnold.

this was a good team chemistry win going into the bye. Maybe it can help propel the team into being better with the lead. There’s zero kill instinct with the lead. Instead they throttle down.

Kirk Cousins was essentially 9/9 for 80 yards getting his team in position for a game winning FG attempt, and eventually throwing the game winning touchdown today in the final drive of regulation and OT. 

The offense needs to run through Cousins and the passing game. It’s time to start running the offense with the thinking of passing the ball to set up the run. And when we get to the drives where the offense can seal the deal. Start letting Cousins, Thielen, and Jefferson put teams away, instead of handing the ball off on 3rd and 7/3rd and 8. 

• Like 3

Sorry fellas. Wasn’t around today. Went to a game down south. What a blast. I will say one thing. Kirk looks like a NFL QB. Sam looks like a damn good high school QB. Probably the first game I went to where I didn’t spend $300 at the stadium for beer. Kirk looked great out there. One thing I couldn’t tell the difference in was cook and mattison.  

28 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Kirk Cousins was essentially 9/9 for 80 yards getting his team in position for a game winning FG attempt, and eventually throwing the game winning touchdown today in the final drive of regulation and OT. 

The offense needs to run through Cousins and the passing game. It’s time to start running the offense with the thinking of passing the ball to set up the run. And when we get to the drives where the offense can seal the deal. Start letting Cousins, Thielen, and Jefferson put teams away, instead of handing the ball off on 3rd and 7/3rd and 8. 

I agree. Even with a 10 point lead. I’m tired of watching these teams fight back in the game when we should be winning by multiple scores. We can criticize the defense for giving up those points and rightfully so, but at this point, the offense needs to be more aggressive when closing out games. I get the desire to run down the block but there’s got to be an alternative to using the run game almost exclusively.