The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

14 minutes ago, Totty said:

I've slowly kind of (do not love it) accepted the fact it is probably JM.  I would, however absolutely LOVE it if he could get JC Jackson in here to team with Mullen for the next 5-7 years.  

Yeah, I’m in the acceptance stage already. Just not the biggest fan of him as a person more than anything else.

I’d have still preferred Harbaugh but if you take a step back McDaniels is probably the candidate with the biggest upside from the rest of them. I prefer him to Bowles, Bisaccia or any of the young, unproven guys but I just have a gut feeling that this could blow up in our face and fail spectacularly. Would absolutely love to be wrong on this though.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

You’ll love anything that says anything good about carr. You would co-sign us hiring a hs coach if he said carr was his guy. 

I couldn't imagine calling myself a Raider fan, watching every game and being so off base and clueless as to the talent we have at the QB position.  It's not surprising as many people today lack the ability to comprehend what is staring them right in the face.  

You need to give up your ridiculous narrative as year after year you're proven wrong.  It must feel like **** knowing one of the top coaching candidates in the NFL is coming here because of the QB you are so adamant about moving on from.  JM and Zigler are not only coming here to build around Carr but will give him the extension he deserves.

How does it feel to be proven wrong once again?  It must suck taking such a ridged stance and being embarrassed every single offseason.  If this move doesn't only prove your ineptness to evaluate QB talent or talent in general, it shows that you're not only clueless but that you are unable to except reality and that reality is that Carr is a franchise QB who will be here for years to come.  

McDaniel reminds me of Lane Kiffin from a personality standpoint.  (I think it wouldn’t be a bad hire though)
With that said, I’ll leave you with this gem of a story from David Carr about how Kiffin got into coaching…..

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2018/10/4/17937898/david-carr-tells-greatest-story-of-lane-kiffin-entitlement-ever

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 2

On Harbaugh, I wonder how legitimate any of that was. Did we speak to him but the demands were just too high? If that happened then I can understand going in a different direction.

It definitely looked like JH was interested, so if Mark hasn’t even considered him then that would be very disappointing. Maybe he felt it was a similar situation to Gruden where he’d have to give out a massive contract for an domineering character who had been out of the league for a while - although I think it’s clear to see that Harbaugh > Gruden.

I guess we’ll probably never find out how realistic or close the JH rumors ever were.

28 minutes ago, Totty said:

I've slowly kind of (do not love it) accepted the fact it is probably JM.  I would, however absolutely LOVE it if he could get JC Jackson in here to team with Mullen for the next 5-7 years.  

MEEE TOO. He's my favorite player in the league. Im also higher on Trayvon Mullen than most on here 

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

MEEE TOO. He's my favorite player in the league. Im also higher on Trayvon Mullen than most on here 

That's probably as solid a tandem as you'll find in the league.  Not superstars by any stretch, but really frigging good.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

McDaniel reminds me of Lane Kiffin from a personality standpoint.  (I think it wouldn’t be a bad hire though)
With that said, I’ll leave you with this gem of a story from David Carr about how Kiffin got into coaching…..

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2018/10/4/17937898/david-carr-tells-greatest-story-of-lane-kiffin-entitlement-ever

I thought this back when he first was hired by the Broncos. They were very similar. That said if you know the story of Josh McDaniels is the exact opposite of landscaping in terms of how they got into the league. Check this out:

Edited by Jeremy408

11 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

lol yep, but all coaching hires in the NFL are pure meritocracy 

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I couldn't imagine calling myself a Raider fan, watching every game and being so off base and clueless as to the talent we have at the QB position.  It's not surprising as many people today lack the ability to comprehend what is staring them right in the face.  

You need to give up your ridiculous narrative as year after year you're proven wrong.  It must feel like **** knowing one of the top coaching candidates in the NFL is coming here because of the QB you are so adamant about moving on from.  JM and Zigler are not only coming here to build around Carr but will give him the extension he deserves.

How does it feel to be proven wrong once again?  It must suck taking such a ridged stance and being embarrassed every single offseason.  If this move doesn't only prove your ineptness to evaluate QB talent or talent in general, it shows that you're not only clueless but that you are unable to except reality and that reality is that Carr is a franchise QB who will be here for years to come.  

I personally do not see Carr as elite but I do not see him as trash either.  He is an average to above average QB.  I want an elite QB.  Now do not take my word for it but the McAfee post had Rapoport talk about why Vegas is a good situation.  Carr was mentioned as good enough and there were other reasons why a coach would want to go to Vegas.  When Rap said good enough their was not a word from Hawk or McAfee trying to say Carr is better than good enough.  I am sure the two former players know more about football than all of us and Rap knows more about how Carr is viewed around the league.  He is not trash but he can not turn his elite physical ability into elite production because of his mental makeup.  We have a top 10-15 QB which puts more pressure on improving the roster.  Maybe he functions better with McDaniels as I think Carr would function better with BB but that has more to do with how BB prepares his QBs to have situational awareness.  I hope for the best whether we trade Carr or extend him.  I am just in the trade camp right now because his value would be high right now.

5 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I don’t wanna get involved in this dispute too much…. 
but I will Say there are a handful of people on here ( @Frankie2Gunz and myself included) that were heavily criticized for supporting Carr as the QB of the team.  Even the belief “Carr isn’t the worst a team could have.  If there was a better overall situation that allowed us to move on from Carr we’ll listen with an open mind but so far I haven’t heard it” was given heavy criticism.  It was either you got in the “Get rid of Carr” group or you were labeled an idiot, Unknowledgeable, a ‘Carr-stan’, etc.

How’s Jordan Love doing in GB these days?  I’ve already seen one article saying he’s not ready after year 2 and they should bring in Mariota.  I remember @BayRaider (still love you brother) and many others saying it was ridiculous to think Love couldn’t start year 2, maybe even 3/4 of the way into the rookie season.  Then there were those calling for Mariota to replace Carr.  Mariota couldn’t even see the field Except for QB runs and Run Options.  He simply can’t throw the ball well enough to be a NFL QB.

So for those of us that rightfully believe Carr should be the QB of this team…. I say it’s our turn to bask in the glory of being right in the end.  Carr is the reason all these coaches want to be out HC.  It’s clear those in the NFL circles believe more in Carr then our fans.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I would be on board with this also.  I wanted to draft him coming out of Maryland.  I do not want to brake the bank though.

2 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

lol yep, but all coaching hires in the NFL are pure meritocracy 

How did you read my post and come back with that?

Of course the NFL, like any business, isn’t based on meritocracy.  It’s based on networking and who knows who.  But that’s not what I was posting.  I simply posted a funny “down memories” lane video of Lane Kiffen.  It wasn’t a shot at McDaniels.  It was just a funny video I had bookmarked on my phone for many years and came across recently and shared.