The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

I’ve been a fan since 1998 and would be a fan regardless of McDaniels, Bowles, etc. But some claim they would be a fan no matter what, under any situation. Not that’s he in the running or anything, and purely hypothetical, would anyone still be a fan if we made Cable HC? I would have to turn in my fan card after 23 years at that point. Anyone who is a fan would basically be disrespecting themself to a massive degree. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’ve been a fan since 1998 and would be a fan regardless of McDaniels, Bowles, etc. But some claim they would be a fan no matter what, under any situation. Not that’s he in the running or anything, and purely hypothetical, would anyone still be a fan if we made Cable HC? I would have to turn in my fan card after 23 years at that point. Anyone who is a fan would basically be disrespecting themself to a massive degree. 

I wouldn't watch us, whether that makes me not a fan any more is for others to decide. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Silver and Black is in my blood, **** hurts sometimes but if I could get through Jamarcus I could get through anything! 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Silver and Black is in my blood, **** hurts sometimes but if I could get through Jamarcus I could get through anything! 

It’s more of a disrespect thing. JaMarcus and other stuff are just incompetent blunders. Hiring Cable would legit be spitting in your face on purpose. 

45 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This forum is all over the map on McDaniels, Harbaugh, Rich, etc. but one thing we can all agree on is that we are universally elated at Cable’s departure. Good riddance TC ✌🏿

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I've been a Raider fan as far back as I can remember, mid 80's when I was a kid.  I've been through worse or just as bad (Shell X2, White, Bugel, Lance Kiffen) but that would be insulting to Raider fans everywhere and show me the franchise needs to be sold.  Would I root for another team, no I would not but I would be on here calling everyone homers and bashing the Raiders to no end LOL.  

26 minutes ago, Geezy said:

The senile Al Davis years were about as bad as it can get.  Davis was a HOF legend but the game passed him by and his ego would not let go.  

Terrible FA and drafting is something I have been accustomed to for the last 25 years.  If we hit on this move with a stud HC and GM we will be set for a very long time.  That is massive for any franchise!

• Like 1

2006-2008 was peak awful. Art Shell returning from nowhere, and “B&B” Tom Walsh running the offense in that crazy bad 06 season. Walsh had been out of football for years; not just the NFL but literally any kind of basic level of football, and we hired him to run an NFL offense 

A terrible roster with a couple of high priced vets like Moss and Sapp stinking the place out. It was a miracle that team even won 2 games.

And great, we got the number one pick!!! Lol fail. Next two years were marginally more competent than 06, but not by much.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

2006-2008 was peak awful. Art Shell returning from nowhere, and “B&B” Tom Walsh running the offense in that crazy bad 06 season. Walsh had been out of football for years; not just the NFL but literally any kind of basic level of football, and we hired him to run an NFL offense 

A terrible roster with a couple of high priced vets like Moss and Sapp stinking the place out. It was a miracle that team even won 2 games.

And great, we got the number one pick!!! Lol fail. Next two years were marginally more competent than 06, but not by much.

I’d argue 2003-2009 but 2009 had a few good moments. Also, at least fans were looking forward to 2003 before being shocked. So take 2003, 2009 away and 2004-2008 has to be the most miserable 5 seasons a fan can possibly experience. 

• Like 1