The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

I thought it was the apparently high demands that put the Raiders off Harbaugh, but surely the Vikings can’t be offering more in terms of cash or control than the Raiders would. There’s no doubt that Harbaugh wanted to coach here, but for some reason Mark just hasn’t gone for it.

I guess it’s possible that JH was holding out on the Raiders making an approach, and now that this has never come to pass he’s had to lower his salary demands to a point that the Vikings were willing to pay.

Either way, this whole turn of events is really disappointing. I know some people in here like the McDaniels situation, but I’m feeling pretty deflated by the whole thing. And now there’s even bigger pressure on McDaniels to work out imo. Really hope this isn’t a big mistake.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

If this got to Monday without an announcement then I would think that’s not great for him getting the job but tonight or Sunday is when you would think a deal would be announced. 

If this gets to 9pm tonight with no announcement, he didn’t get the job. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If this gets to 9pm tonight with no announcement, he didn’t get the job. 

It would be very Raiders if this thing somehow fell through, but we’ve also missed the boat on Harbaugh because he’s signed in Minnesota, leaving us stuck with Bowles…

But I’m sure the McDaniels announcement is coming.

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

If we end up with Bowles 😂😂😂😂 lord help me 

I don’t want a defensive coach, but IF we do, Ryans over Bowles all dayyyy. Bowles has the personality and leadership of a door knob. His creativity is also overrated. 

Ryans has leadership, swagger, and has schemed an almost perfect defense the second half of the season + playoffs. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Bellicheck, swallow your pride and be our DC 😎

LOL I would love Mayo but he's knocking on the door of becoming a HC somewhere.  If not this year then next year.  

I can't see why he would leave NE to become the DC here for one season but anything is possible.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

I would rather have McDaniels and the current defensive staff or Martindale than Bowles and almost any OC he could come up with.

I have been a proponent of Bowles and still would be happy if he was the hire.  But at this point, I like the idea of McDaniels.  I love everything about New England's offense.  One week they destroy someone with the run game and the next they hang 40 on somebody with 4 passing tds.

If Martindale is the dc i'm a little nervous about what happens with a few of our players.  I just don't know who fits in to his scheme and I would hate to see Yannick and Crosby wasted in a defense they don't fit into.