The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

I like the idea of using Foster more. McD wouldn't be my favorite hire by any means but I'm curious to see what our offense would look like with him running it. He did very well in NE with a rookie QB and a lot of young guys where there's no real superstar. He has an above average and at times, great QB here along with Renfrow and Waller. A couple more weapons and I really do think the offense could be potent like we saw early this year

Edited by BobbyPhil1781
  • Like 2

Sean Desai runs that Vic Fangio type of defense. Young guy who showed a lot of promise in the one year calling plays for the Bears this past season. I would be thrilled with him as DC. Way more then with Wink. 

Edited by agarcia34

Quick audio snippet of one of his former OT's while in Denver. Seems pretty unbiased, but he certainly has his opinion. 

“I’m a Denver native; I was starting in my hometown, I was miserable, I hated football, I wanted to quit. The secretaries were miserable, the coaches were miserable, it was not a good experience.”-@Tyler_Polumbus on why he hates Josh McDaniels.

https://twitter.com/CBSSportsRadio/status/1487461578421243904/video/1

13 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:
13 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

We've seen Carr's floor and it's pretty damn good.  There is little to no chance that he will ever be surrounded with worst talent and a worse D than he has had every year of his career.  

I can't wait to surround him with an offensive scheme that suits his skillset, improve his talent on O and build a bully D.

Expand  

Just keep this same energy man and don’t blame jm if it fails. you’re consistent I give you that. I just want to win. I want a dynamic oc he just doesn’t seem to be that guy.

I have to hand it to you two guys, you got your positions and you stick to your guns. I don't think either of you will ever soften the other ones views 😁

I don't know if you know each other outside of the forum but it kind of strikes me that you're so far apart in views on this that you'd be great friends always talking trash at each other and great company at a bar watching the game 😂😂

10 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I’ve been a fan since 1998 and would be a fan regardless of McDaniels, Bowles, etc. But some claim they would be a fan no matter what, under any situation. Not that’s he in the running or anything, and purely hypothetical, would anyone still be a fan if we made Cable HC? I would have to turn in my fan card after 23 years at that point. Anyone who is a fan would basically be disrespecting themself to a massive degree. 

I'd still be here. Went through Shell 2 and the B&B offence and Shanahan and Kiffin eras, Jamarcus era, Schroeder era, Jeff George, so it couldn't be that much worse........ 😁😁

• Like 2

So the rumor on here is Sean Desai would be the DC under Josh McDaniels.  At first I was thinking “Who!?!”.  Seems like A far cry from the idea of having Vic Fangio under Harbaugh.  But after doing some googling it doesn’t seem so bad.  It definitely could be worse, a young, up-and-cominger is way better then some rethread DC.  Plus he got a year of being DC under his belt last year with Chicago.

https://beargoggleson.com/2021/11/17/differences-chicago-bears-sean-desai/

“5. More 3 Safety Looks
The NFL is becoming a nickel and dime league and Sean Desai is following that lead. Both Vic Fangio and Chuck Pagano loved to live with two linebackers on the field.”

Ive been mentioning we need to bring in 3 safety sets for a while now, so this is very promising to me.  This would allow us to maximize Abram as a hybrid SS/LB and play 2 High Safety.  This is alone nearly has me sold on Desai.

“4. Getting Khalil Mack and Robert Quinn next to each other. + 3. Running More Stunts

Sean Desai likes to move his defenders around a bit more. This has led to a few plays where Khalil Macklines up inside, over the left guard, and he is next to Robert Quinn.”

I think that’s great news.  It shows he’s innovative and adjusts to the players he has.  Ugh, I’m so tired of DC’s like Guenther who “need players to fit His scheme in order to win”.  Quinn had an amazing year under Desai.  He rebounded from 2 sacks to 18.5.  Trevis Gipson has a very nice year with 7 sacks.  I’ve been wanting a 6-4 250+ hybrid DE/OLB, an edge with speed, length, flex ability/agility like Julien Okwara for several years now, but we didn’t draft Maybe Desai brings one in.  Either way Ngakoue lined up wide and Crosby over the Guard would be Devastating to offenses.  Crosby’s pretty good at stunts.

• Like 1