The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Because out of the available candidates I feel like McDaniels has the ability more than most to bring an intriguing aspect to the team offensively that will allow us to compete in the AFC West. Is he my #1 guy, no. Do I prefer him to a defensive minded coach (especially if he is bringing Wink with him)? Absolutely. I also think it speaks volumes about where we are as a franchise now compared to years past that he is even considering coming here. Overall I think there is a lot to be optimistic about when looking at this. 

That was another thing That makes me nervous. Wink Martindale was pretty much change the whole Defense and I don’t know all the guys here would really translate.

I do think a lot if not most translate directly to the style of offense the patriots run

I'd like it if Wink comes in, aggressive DC and it would show that we aren't the Patriots West. Mayo I could stomach as he is an ex player which makes it less likely he is going to be an arrogant dismissive ******* like all Pats coaches are 

Edited by Jraider91
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jraider91 said:

I'd like it if Wink comes in, aggressive DC and it would show that we aren't the Patriots West. Mayo I could stomach as he is an ex player which makes it less likely he is going to be an arrogant dismissive ******* like all Pats coaches are 

That’s valid

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Wait... you mean no team in the league wanted him as their head coach?!? This leader of men who could lead men to do men things didn't get a single head coaching interview?!? I'm shocked!

We interviewed him, it is interesting that he's accepting a job as a coordinator before we've even finished our coaching search or hired anyone. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We interviewed him, it is interesting that he's accepting a job as a coordinator before we've even finished our coaching search or hired anyone. 

Might be one of those things where he doesn’t wanna miss out of a good opportunity by waiting for a job he probably won’t get. If Mayock was still GM, it would he maybe would wait.

However, new GM = new coach

Edited by bucksavage1