The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

I’m obviously not pleased, I’m a raider fan , we very seldom get what we want. I did like the last 2 hires more initially and we got one playoff appearance from both, like an 8-8 season apiece and whatever else. Not gonna look up the records cuz the point is ya never know. Don’t give him more than 4 maybe a 5 yr contract, and don’t overspend for sure cuz last time I checked it’s not like mcdaniels has sh*t tons of interviews lined up, and I don’t care if it’s because he’s picky. Show me results( coaches, game planning, defense improved etc) show me W’s and keep us in the playoffs steadily and earn a raise. Simple. Meanwhile, bad results early would earn a short leash with me (wouldn’t affect hiring another coach imo cuz it’s crash n burn # 2.) we’re Raider Nation, make us steadily relevant again and we’ll love ya. I will say, I’d rather have an offensive  HC , and he does have good enough ties to put together a good staff potentially.  Winning cures everything, even for bitter, doubtful *ssholes like me. 😡🤣🤣

That’s step #1 of earning our faith and trust eventually. No doubt. I’m not anti mcd. I just really wanted harbs for the HC, and really liked what I read about dobbs. From my amateur standpoint and what I’ve read, all the gm candidates seemed solid. I liked that list a lot better than the HC list overall. We’ll see.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Show of hands here as it seems myself, @jpaulthe1st and @agarcia34 are the only ones who have been down with McDaniels from the start. 

We will be here for the rest of you will come on over after it happens and justify it to yourselves. 

Winning cures all. If we win, I'm all in. I think he's smart enough, and can put together a staff and the organization will be aligned (zeigler). But I'll be over here routing for him in the corner, praying he doesn't do something stupid. 

• Like 4

I’m gonna be positive from here on out, or at least neutral. Might as well be. 

There is no doubt what McDaniels did with Mac Jones this year was wildly impressive. I do hope he gets his own QB to groom in the draft behind Carr, but Carr would still be his best QB he’s ever had behind Brady. Cassel, Orton, Simms, Newton are steaming piles of garbage. 

His scheme is great and he has a great football mind. I don’t think his offensive scheme is as impressive as Reid, Shanny, McVay, or Hackett (who is now in Denver) but he’s definitely Top 6-7 Offensive Mind in the NFL. 

He probably wants this job considering our offensive roster aligns heavily with his scheme. A great TE, and another solid TE. Solid RB duo with different skillsets. Dominant Slot WR. Add another WR and rebuild the OL. Carr aligns with exactly with what he likes to do, and if he gets tired of Carr, McDaniels would not hesitate to get rid of him. One thing I do like about McDaniels is he’s an aggressive coach and will not hesitate to get rid of you. 

We may have struck gold. We may have struck out. Tune in next time on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z…

Renfrow will be his Wes Welker/Edelman clone, that's for sure. I haven't seen anyone make that connection yet. When Welker left Edelman filled that archetype hole, McDaniels made sure he always had that kind of guy. Paired with an elite TE. Our offense has a lot of things he liked to use over the years. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Show of hands here as it seems myself, @jpaulthe1st and @agarcia34 are the only ones who have been down with McDaniels from the start. 

We will be here for the rest of you will come on over after it happens and justify it to yourselves. 

I have no problem being proven wrong with this one. In fact, I’m looking forward to it.

But I’ve already put out my positives and negatives on the guy so y’all know where I stand

Is anyone else raising an eyebrow to the report that he wouldn't take an interview unless he was being offered a job? I mean, that screams conceded. Granted it's a rumor. But c'mon man. You haven't won Jack squat as a HC and he's acting like he's a Harbaugh/BB/Mike Tomlin, etc. 

It's these things that rub me the wrong way about him. 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

That’s step #1 of earning our faith and trust eventually. No doubt. I’m not anti mcd. I just really wanted harbs for the HC, and really liked what I read about dobbs. From my amateur standpoint and what I’ve read, all the gm candidates seemed solid. I liked that list a lot better than the HC list overall. We’ll see.

I definitely agree about dobbs. you could definitely tell that he knew what he was talking about. But I do get that vibe from the Ziegler guy too

Another positive: McDaniels is obsessed with film. Three things him, Bill, and Tom all had in common. Way more obsessed with film/studying than others. He said making his marriage work was hard because he’d always be at work, watching/studying/whatever else. Those are the types of things I like to hear. The greats breath football and literally can’t stop thinking about football in their off time. 

I’ve criticized Carr in the past for playing video games way too often and focusing on religion just as much as football. That makes me sound like a horrible person, but to be a Super Bowl winning Head Coach or Quarterback, you need to BREATH football, you need to be obsessed with it almost unnaturally. I do indeed think McDaniels is obsessed with football. That is a good sign. 

Edited by BayRaider