• Miami Dolphins
    • Jacksonville Jaguars
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or less point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Who scores the most fantasy points in this game?

• Tua Tagovailoa
    • Trevor Lawrence
    • Myles Gaskin
    • Malcolm Brown
    • James Robinson
    • Carlos Hyde
    • DeVante Parker
    • Jaylen Waddle
    • Preston Williams
    • Albert Wilson
    • Marvin Jones
    • Laviska Shenault
    • Jamal Agnew
    • Mike Gesicki
    • Durham Smythe
    • Dan Arnold
    • Jason Sanders
    • Josh Lambo
    • Dolphins DST
    • Jaguars DST

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/17/2021 at 01:00 PM

dolphins-vs-jaguars.jpg

At 1-4, it may be too late to turn around our season, but any hope of doing so must start now, as we enter a relatively soft stretch in our schedule. Last season, we used Jacksonville as a turnaround game. Can we use our interstate rival the same way in 2021 (despite playing out-state)? Tua Tagovailoa seems to be on pace to make his return, as well, pitting the 2019 5th-overall pick versus the 2020 1st-overall pick.

Defensively, things need to get better. Still, Trevor Lawrence is a rookie and not Tom Brady, so it stands to reason we'll see improvement in that department this week.

My prediction...

Miami 29

Jacksonville 20

Going in to this season thinking a win here was a no brainer but what a difference 5 weeks make. The Jags are on a 20 game losing streak and playing a rookie QB and I am honestly worried Miami may lose this game. Miami is 1 and 2 the last 3 trips to London, I think this game is going to be close but Miami pulls it out with a late field goal.

Miami............23

Jags.............20

2 hours ago, FinSting said:

Also positive that the O-line played half-decent vs the stout Bucs' d-line. Liam moved to LT was definitely an upgrade over Jackson who might end up being a good LG instead. 

This was the only bright spot of the game. Granted, with Tua possibly back the RT is now the blind side. With better line play the offense can sustain drives and perhaps the defense doesn't have to play 40+ minutes a game. 

How's it going Dolphins fans?  Looking forward to the game on Sunday.  I have to admit that I'm not all that familiar with your team, so I don't really know what to expect.  I put up a homer vote in the poll saying that the Jaguars would win, but we have shown we are very capable of losing too.  If the Jags play hard and improve over last week's performance, I'm good with that.  I don't really care about wins and losses this season.  I just want to see continuous improvement.

Ultimately, I'm just hoping for an entertaining game with no bad injuries on either side.  Good luck!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

How's it going Dolphins fans?  Looking forward to the game on Sunday.  I have to admit that I'm not all that familiar with your team, so I don't really know what to expect.  I put up a homer vote in the poll saying that the Jaguars would win, but we have shown we are very capable of losing too.  If the Jags play hard and improve over last week's performance, I'm good with that.  I don't really care about wins and losses this season.  I just want to see continuous improvement.

Ultimately, I'm just hoping for an entertaining game with no bad injuries on either side.  Good luck!

Hey Unc.  It's not going so great since we had playoff aspirations coming into this season LOL.  Your homer vote could end up being correct.  Our coaching staff looks like it's finally stopped trying to be cute with keeping our talented rookie players on the bench and is cutting them loose.  As long as we play our best players and stay healthy we should win, but Jax is hungry and overdue a win so I think they play competitive and keep it close.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

This is a winnable game for the Jags.  I think most Dolphins fans were just looking forward to truly evaluating Tua this season which we haven't been able to do thus far. With the O line demonstrating marginal improvement I am hoping Tua is able to return under center and give us some optimism.   

Edited by Phinsesq
  • Like 1