What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

19 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Not gonna lie, by the end of Westworld Season 3 I was comparing it to the last two seasons of GOT. I simply hated it. It really jumped the shark this season IMO. Rushed AF, cheesy AF, way too little callbacks to the park, all the new characters more or less sucked. The quality from season 1 to 2 was down, but it was still reasonably good. The difference between season 1 and season 3 in terms of quality is like comparing a bottle of aged bourbon to the $9.99 handle of vodka that Dirty Mike and the boys drink under the bridge by my condo. 

I had high hopes for it after the 1st couple of episodes. Kinda had a Blade Runner feel to it. But it just feels like a totally different show this season. I lost interest around episode 5. At some point I guess I'll just binge watch the rest of it. But I concur with you....the quality of the show really took a nosedive. They need to find a way to bring it back to the park.

13 hours ago, Shockey1979 said:

I had high hopes for it after the 1st couple of episodes. Kinda had a Blade Runner feel to it. But it just feels like a totally different show this season. I lost interest around episode 5. At some point I guess I'll just binge watch the rest of it. But I concur with you....the quality of the show really took a nosedive. They need to find a way to bring it back to the park.

Wow, I've had yet to hear one person say they liked this season. Guess I'll skip it until I really have nothing to do...... might take a while lol

10 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Holy blank The Wire just made me so mad. S5 and you're really going to do him like that with that little stupid kid in front of the Korean lady?? That's how he exits?? Laaaame

Yeah, it's pretty jarring.  The one thing i'll say about it without giving anything away is that by the end of the season you know why the writers did it.

25 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I must have already forgotten, but can you elaborate?

Don't read this unless you want the last episode of The Wire spoiled

By the end of the 5th season the characters we have grown to know over the five seasons are irreparably changed by "the game" but the game itself never changes.  Omar is gone, but his role as a street legend doing rip and runs is still there, it just became Michael as the new Omar.  There are similar things for many of the characters.  The next Bubbles, the next McNulty, etc....  All these people have gone through so much and been changed by those experiences, but human nature wins out in the end, and there is always the next somebody.  The game never changes.

Omar's death wasn't a popular move, but it was one that cemented that no matter how big and bad you are, all it takes is one shorty at the right time for any reason and you're dead.

Edited by THE DUKE
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Ohhhhhh damn I get it now. I can't believe I missed all of that at the end, but that makes a lot of sense. I will happily admit I thought they did Omar dirty with the way he died, but when it's explained like this, it makes sense. Thanks for the explanation!

6 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Yeah, it's pretty jarring.  The one thing i'll say about it without giving anything away is that by the end of the season you know why the writers did it.

Thank you for spoiler tagging that comment further lol. I scrolled like an idiot b/c I wasn't even thinking. Your responsible nature is appreciated lol. I'll be finishing it tonight so we'll see what happens.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Hide contents

By the end of the 5th season the characters we have grown to know over the five seasons are irreparably changed by "the game" but the game itself never changes.  Omar is gone, but his role as a street legend doing rip and runs is still there, it just became Michael as the new Omar.  There are similar things for many of the characters.  The next Bubbles, the next McNulty, etc....  All these people have gone through so much and been changed by those experiences, but human nature wins out in the end, and there is always the next somebody.  The game never changes.

Omar's death wasn't a popular move, but it was one that cemented that no matter how big and bad you are, all it takes is one shorty at the right time for any reason and you're dead.

Dookie disappointed me. It was a good series finale. I liked your write-up a lot and it all makes sense. I'm not gonna say it's one of my tops of all time and probably not even top 10 but it was very good and I'm glad I watched it.

4 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Any of you watching Dave? Debating on giving it a go on Hulu. 

Loved it. Came in here just to talk about it. Hilarious, dark and Lil Dickey is an incredibly talented rapper.

I'm not even into rap music, but I can't stop listening to his stuff now.