2021-2022 NBA GDT Thread: Wolf Pit Assemble

NYRaider

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Okay, I'm all about not letting fans go too far and definitely not involving taunting or insulting a player's family members, but is it just me that thinks Westbrook is being a little too sensitive?

He says when people call him "Westbrick", it's an insult to his family name and legacy and he will no longer allow it. Like, come on man.

Russ been criticised and scrutinised throughout his career and hasn’t cared at all, so don’t think it’s a case of of being sensitive. 

For certain people and cultures last name is hugely important for them. Like remember last summer when Nigeria beat US in the exhibition and Stephen A Smith was dismissive and disrespectful towards the names of the Nigerian players. As a Nigerian, I can tell you that names have a big meaning in our culture and mocking somebody’s name isn’t something that is taken lightly. Obviously this exact reason doesn’t apply to Russ but at end of the day its an example. 

59 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Russ been criticised and scrutinised throughout his career and hasn’t cared at all, so don’t think it’s a case of of being sensitive. 

For certain people and cultures last name is hugely important for them. Like remember last summer when Nigeria beat US in the exhibition and Stephen A Smith was dismissive and disrespectful towards the names of the Nigerian players. As a Nigerian, I can tell you that names have a big meaning in our culture and mocking somebody’s name isn’t something that is taken lightly. Obviously this exact reason doesn’t apply to Russ but at end of the day its an example. 

Chris Bosh said the same exact thing to Skip Bayless when he was calling him Bosh-Spice or something to that extent. 

Anyways, the Warriors struggling drought ends tonight! About to finish the season on a big run!

On 3/8/2022 at 6:26 AM, J-ALL-DAY said:

Chris Bosh said the same exact thing to Skip Bayless when he was calling him Bosh-Spice or something to that extent. 

Anyways, the Warriors struggling drought ends tonight! About to finish the season on a big run!

Good start to the dominant close to the season. Defense was back to early season level and Draymond is five days away from returning. I really don't care if they get the 2nd or 3rd seed, but let's work either way!