The Arizona Cardinals are the best team in the league right now!

JohnCena

2 minutes ago, NeptunePenguins said:

I am mostly thinking of last year where he won against Brees, Rodgers, and Mahomes. If he can beat those guys I think he should be able to beat the other QBs but I do somewhat agree that it depends on how their defense plays. I am assuming it is getting better though. 

Oh no doubt. The Bucs can beat any team in the NFL they are that good. It wouldnt shock me if they repeated and I do think their pass defense will get better with health my thinking is how much better? Im in the thinking of yes we trust Brady more to deliver consistently but if the Bucs pass defense isnt at least average then Kyler, ARod, Dak, and Stafford could match blow for blow with Brady in a shootout. Last year the Bucs defense played great in their Superbowl run so thats what people are banking on. We will see if they can repeat that this postseason. 

43 minutes ago, NeptunePenguins said:

The Rams had a few lucky breaks plus Brady is going to be consistent while Stafford typically has a slump. I don't see any team beating Tampa in the playoffs. Betting against Brady doesn't go too well. 

wouldn't say lucky breaks. Rams were clearly the better team that game.

However as we know Tampa Bay was without Gronk and Brown for the majority of the game and their run game stunk. Their defense was also horrendous. Their defense got a lot better despite injuries and their running game is humming right now. I still wouldn't call them the best team in football right now, not until they are healthy. But they are certainly much better than 4 weeks ago.

15 hours ago, NeptunePenguins said:

The Rams had a few lucky breaks plus Brady is going to be consistent while Stafford typically has a slump. I don't see any team beating Tampa in the playoffs. Betting against Brady doesn't go too well. 

I could easily see the Rams, Cardinals, Packers, or Cowboys beating the Bucs in the playoffs. 

On 10/28/2021 at 3:06 PM, NYRaider said:

I could easily see the Rams, Cardinals, Packers, or Cowboys beating the Bucs in the playoffs. 

I can see it but definitely not easily. Healthy TB is scary.

What I did notice however is that Tampa Bay is pretty average on the road this year. So the rest of the NFC has to make sure they don't the top seed.

I don't know who the "best" team is. Too many variables- offense, defense, special teams, play style (point stackers or grinding out close wins but not allowing many points, etc), injuries, so on so forth. 

There's definitely an upper echelon though, that consists of Tampa, Arizona, Buffalo, Dallas, Los Angeles Rams, and Green Bay. 

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I'd probably hedge my bet on Green Bay being the favorite as far as the "best team on the field" in a round robin tournament of those teams. Not always pretty, but for them to go in on a short week without their top two pass catchers, then lose their top TE, all with a fairly suspect D without their coordinator, against one of the best pass D's in the league, one of the better overall D's, and one of the better high scoring O's and hold them to 21 points and grind a win out....I think that says a lot about their talent, preparation, and coaching.

Even if Arizona scores on that last drive to win 28-24 or kicks a FG and forces OT and wins, Green Bay would have a lot to be proud of. Does that make Green Bay "the best"? I don't know. But I think any team that isn't at least in that conversation would have absolutely folded, much less actually won in that situation. 

All I know is the NFC playoffs are shaping up to be an absolute meat grinder I can't wait to watch. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SBLIII said:

Healthy yes but not right now.

I would still lean Bills for the time being.

We'll find out week 14 😅 If you look at the Bills/Bucs schedule, both teams have a realistic chance of running the table until that matchup. Which could decide the MVP and "#1 seed".

I do like the matchup for the Bills as their strengths are passing offense and passing defense. I think JA would have his way with the Bucs secondary, and our secondary could limit Brady. 

Still shocked that game isn't primetime. 

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

I don't know who the "best" team is. Too many variables- offense, defense, special teams, play style (point stackers or grinding out close wins but not allowing many points, etc), injuries, so on so forth. 

There's definitely an upper echelon though, that consists of Tampa, Arizona, Buffalo, Dallas, Los Angeles Rams, and Green Bay. 

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I'd probably hedge my bet on Green Bay being the favorite as far as the "best team on the field" in a round robin tournament of those teams. Not always pretty, but for them to go in on a short week without their top two pass catchers, then lose their top TE, all with a fairly suspect D without their coordinator, against one of the best pass D's in the league, one of the better overall D's, and one of the better high scoring O's and hold them to 21 points and grind a win out....I think that says a lot about their talent, preparation, and coaching.

Even if Arizona scores on that last drive to win 28-24 or kicks a FG and forces OT and wins, Green Bay would have a lot to be proud of. Does that make Green Bay "the best"? I don't know. But I think any team that isn't at least in that conversation would have absolutely folded, much less actually won in that situation. 

All I know is the NFC playoffs are shaping up to be an absolute meat grinder I can't wait to watch. 

I agree, league is VERY top-heavy right now and feel like it'd be about a toss-up with any of them right now. Very close. and very good teams from a historic perspective I feel.

1 hour ago, The BILLievers said:

We'll find out week 14 😅 If you look at the Bills/Bucs schedule, both teams have a realistic chance of running the table until that matchup. Which could decide the MVP and "#1 seed".

I do like the matchup for the Bills as their strengths are passing offense and passing defense. I think JA would have his way with the Bucs secondary, and our secondary could limit Brady. 

Still shocked that game isn't primetime. 

but are you going to limit Primetime Lenny?