Will the Chiefs miss the playoffs?

notthatbluestuff

25 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Alot of these takes seemed to be based more on reactionary than reality.

To be fair, this was before we actually made adjustments and just kept repeating the same mistakes. It took us far too long to move Chris Jones back inside, swap Sorensen for Thornhill, taking what teams give us offensively, etc.

2 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

To be fair, this was before we actually made adjustments and just kept repeating the same mistakes. It took us far too long to move Chris Jones back inside, swap Sorensen for Thornhill, taking what teams give us offensively, etc.

Good teams use the start of the season to feel out the roster and make later adjustments which is why we see so many teams fall/rise every year and you generally know which teams to count on more than others and the Chiefs are damn near at the top of this list. Which is why anyone counting out the Chiefs this early in the season seems silly to me (among other reasons). Again, alot of these takes are just reactionary. 

1 hour ago, JAF-N72EX said:

This checks out. 

This thread was created after the loss to Buffalo when they were 2-3 and the Chiefs are 4-1 since then with a 6-4 record.

Note to FF.......stop being prisoners of the moment.

Sure, they could still fall back,just like every other team, but there's alot of football left and 6-4 is closer to what most of us saw KC being at this point.

Maybe you're the prisoner of the moment and they go 1-4 in their next 5!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

This checks out. 

This thread was created after the loss to Buffalo when they were 2-3 and the Chiefs are 4-1 since then with a 6-4 record.

Sure, they could still fall back,just like every other team, but there's alot of football left and 6-4 is closer to what most of us saw KC being at this point.

This isn't a reactionary thread - it asks "will they miss the playoffs or are they about to go on a 2014 Patriots-style run?" The fact that they started winning right after doesn't go against the thread topic, it follows it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Good teams use the start of the season to feel out the roster and make later adjustments which is why we see so many teams fall/rise every year and you generally know which teams to count on more than others and the Chiefs are damn near at the top of this list. Which is why anyone counting out the Chiefs this early in the season seems silly to me (among other reasons). Again, alot of these takes are just reactionary. 

Alright lets pump the brakes a little bit on this. Last night was a great W and took it to the Raiders but the last 4 weeks really aren't much to hang your hat on. 

• Week 7 : lose by 24 to the Titans
  • Week 8 : beat the NYG by 3
  • Week 9 : beat the Arod-less Packers 13 to 7
  • Week 10 : take it to the Raiders

Outside of last night, they've looked pretty similar to who they've been all season long. Wins are wins but they beat the Giants and Rodgers-less Packers by a combined 9 points. 

That said, I do not want to see them in the playoffs. 😂

Edited by The BILLievers

19 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Outside of last night, they've looked pretty similar to who they've been all season long. Wins are wins but they beat the Giants and Rodgers-less Packers by a combined 9 points. 

That said, I do not want to see them in the playoffs. 😂

They actually adjusted their offense this week, and didn’t  see as much cover 2 shell defense. Mahomes lead the way with the dink and dunk offense, lets see if they keep it up

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, NeptunePenguins said:

I still want the Chiefs to run the ball more, but with what they did in the short passing game, they can be pretty dangerous. 

Yeah i agree id love to see more power runs they were working and Raiders were definitely afraid of the run. but if they can actually focus on the short passing game as the first option then teams cant just focus on quarters coverage. They gotta pull guys up, which will open up the big plays downfield again

• 1 month later...
On 11/15/2021 at 4:18 AM, JAF-N72EX said:

This checks out. 

Actually, it was created after the loss to Tennessee when they were 3-4. I asked if they were about to go on a 2014 Patriots style run ("onto...") and sure enough, they haven't lost since. Looks like I called it yet again.