Will the Chiefs miss the playoffs?

notthatbluestuff

10 minutes ago, Xenos said:

What happened to Juan Thornhill?

He's doing well. Reclaimed the starting spot with Sorensen's benching last week. The public narrative was that they were bringing him back slowly after the big injury at the end of the 2019 season. NO one really seems to know why that continued into the start of this year, but he's starting and playing very well, now.

3 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

He's doing well. Reclaimed the starting spot with Sorensen's benching last week. The public narrative was that they were bringing him back slowly after the big injury at the end of the 2019 season. NO one really seems to know why that continued into the start of this year, but he's starting and playing very well, now.

Yeah I was confused why he was removed from the starting line up.

Think I said this before, but 2000 Rams vibes from them. Great offense from that team, but putrid defense. They made the playoffs at 10-6, but needed the Lions to lose in the final week against the Bears in order for it to happen. Later in that year the Rams even lost 3-16 to the floundering Carolina Panthers despite their offensive abilities. They can still get in with the expanded playoffs, or just go on an offensive run with better turnover luck that masks their defensive problems. Chiefs fans shouldn't be on suicide watch yet. 

It's entirely possible.  The Chargers are the team to beat in the AFCW right now.  Raiders are playing outside of their skull but tend to collapse late.  That said, I think Chargers win the division and the Raiders sneak in with a WC spot.  I would not be at all shocked to see KC take over this division at any time though.

The division is an honest to goodness crapshoot at this point.   

And no.  Reid is not on any hot seat.  

12 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Leads the league in TDs - are we really sure this game is the new norm for him? 

I wouldn't say it's how he's going to be now, but despite the TDs he is still playing poorly. Not just for his own standards, but for elite QB's standards. Some of these throws whilst he's being sacked that have popped up into defenders hands is the stuff of headless-chicken rookie QBs. The constant bailing out of clean pockets is something he needs to clean up - do you ever see him rise up into the pocket? He always seems to bail to the side and makes it harder for himself. He'd usually cover this up with a wicked cross-body cannon or something, but he's not right now

18 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Twitter is a cesspit 

Bite your tongue.

If Twitter says Mahomes should be traded, who are we to argue?

The Twitter Twats have spoken.

Make it happen.

Edited by 43M
  • Like 3

It's going to be close..

They already have 4 losses, I personally think 10-7 is going to be the #7 seed so they can only afford (3) losses the rest of the year and they still have : Packers, Cowboys, Raiders x2, Chargers, Steelers, Bengals (while not dropping either game vs the Broncos). 

I'll go with no.. 

Think the next three games after the Giants game will def tell us if KC will make the playoffs. Packers, Raiders then Cowboys. When you have 4 losses already. Cant really afford to lose more then 1 of those 3 games. Then they still play the Chargers, Raiders and Bengals after that. It's gonna be tough but the odds are against them at this point. Nothing they shown this year should make anyone believe they will. 

23 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Youre presuming that the Chiefs will keep him at that cap hit. He is already in year 2 of his contract but the structure allows them to keep kicking the can. Whose to say they wont just drop his cap hit again next season (through a restructure)? 

Tbh they’d be pretty stupid to do so. It’s pretty clear this team needs a couple years to retool and build a defense. Kicking the can down a few more years and making the cap hit bigger when they may actually have SB roster in 2023/2024 would be dumb. 

Edited by Bolts223