Week 8: Packers @ Cardinals on Thursday Night Football - Packers Win 24-21! Move to 7-1!

FAH1223

Your feelings about Lazard not being vaccinated aside, this "close contact" rule seems very subjective and overall pretty dumb. I wonder what the data is on "close contacts" actually getting the virus in the NFL. I'd actually be curious to find out if a single "close contact" player who has been put on this list ever actually got COVID. I certainly haven't heard of any. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Your feelings about Lazard not being vaccinated aside, this "close contact" rule seems very subjective and overall pretty dumb. I wonder what the data is on "close contacts" actually getting the virus in the NFL. I'd actually be curious to find out if a single "close contact" player who has been put on this list ever actually got COVID. I certainly haven't heard of any. 

Let's like, stop though

11 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Feelings about covid aside, of course this happened during a Thursday Game

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

Woof. Not looking good

Anyone who watches the Packers shouldn't be surprised by this. With that 10-day mini-bye there, anyone with a hangnail isn't playing tonight. I expect at least one of Preston/King to be out as well, or both. 

• Like 1

Geeeeezzz...

Ian Rapoport -  How serious does an injury have to be to sideline #AZCardinals DE JJ Watt? Sources say he actual tore his labrum, his bicep, and his rotator cuff — and dislocated his shoulder. Watt was playing some of his best football and helped change the culture for the undefeated AZ team.

46 minutes ago, oldmansmell said:

I'm irrationally optimistic about this one. Last time that happened was against the Niners, so here goes. Barry has a history of preparing for Murray, I think we get a really solid disciplined effort from the DL tonight. Murray gets his, but is less efficient from the pocket. Rodgers plays really well, we win by 3 34 31. I'm starting EQ in fantasy just for solidarity.

i think this team frequently plays its best football when they feel underdoggish. They seem more focused. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see that happen again, but I hate to get my hopes up because most of the "rational" issues point to Arizona in this one

29 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Your feelings about Lazard not being vaccinated aside, this "close contact" rule seems very subjective and overall pretty dumb

It probably just feels that way because it negatively impacted the team you root for. It is scientifically not "dumb".

https://www.nfl.com/playerhealthandsafety/resources/press-releases/cdc-publishes-scientific-paper-jointly-authored-with-the-nfl-on-covid-19-lessons

Edited by incognito_man