Week 8 GDT: Titans @ Colts

TitanLegend

Man, Colts have a lot of tough games left on the schedule. We both have the Pats, and we have the Rams, Saints, snd Steelers, but they have the Bills, Bucs, Cards, and Raiders.

Hard to imagine them winning more than two of those at the absolute most.

• Like 1

There for sure is a lot to worry.   Will this team be ready to give the effort needed after a huge emotional win.  Containing the run game will be critical.  If Indy is in third short all game we will struggle getting them off the field.  While Indy struggled early stopping the run against SF it was in counter traps and for some reason SF stopped running them.  Still if we come out figuring we can just run it down their throat we will be in trouble.  It should be obvious that when we come out with a quick passing game to slow the ‘rush’  and blitzing that is designed to both stop the run and the play action then our offense seems to get into a unstoppable grove.  Getting Tanny on track early with some rhythm throws like the slant to AJ prevents the struggles we saw against the Bills at times.  Those throws also keeps the LB’s and safeties honest giving the King more room early as well

Didn’t know whether to put this in here or the Chiefs thread

If our front 4 can stay healthy the sky is truly the limit for the team. We’ve seen with the Bucs last year, the 2019 49ers, those NYG Super Bowl teams, ect. how far an elite DL/pass rush can take you.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Didn’t know whether to put this in here or the Chiefs thread

If our front 4 can stay healthy the sky is truly the limit for the team. We’ve seen with the Bucs last year, the 2019 49ers, those NYG Super Bowl teams, ect. how far an elite DL/pass rush can take you.

i mean, i gotta be honest, i feel like we're getting way too much hype for beating up on a pretty bad chiefs OL. now don't get me wrong, the fact that we are actually capable of beating up on a bad OL marks a massive step forward from last year, but i'd hesitate to call this group elite or anything like that. let's see how we do against a much better colts unit this week.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i mean, i gotta be honest, i feel like we're getting way too much hype for beating up on a pretty bad chiefs OL. now don't get me wrong, the fact that we are actually capable of beating up on a bad OL marks a massive step forward from last year, but i'd hesitate to call this group elite or anything like that. let's see how we do against a much better colts unit this week.

lol do you remember when we played them in nashville? i think Nelson was out, but if i remember correctly, wentz and his bad ankles were on the move a lot that game..dont forget how ola straight up abused their LT on 2 sacks..

1 minute ago, Airness McNairness said:

lol do you remember when we played them in nashville? i think Nelson was out, but if i remember correctly, wentz and his bad ankles were on the move a lot that game..dont forget how ola straight up abused their LT on 2 sacks..

yeah, nelson was out, braden smith (who they will likely have back this week) was out, kelly was playing through injury, and wentz could barely even walk. they're much healthier now. like i said, it'll be a bigger test this time around.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

If we can contain the running game, I have no worries about winning this game. Their passing game scares nobody...their weapons suck, especially if Hilton can't go. 

Eh, Pittman is real good, but I’m still not worried because it’s Carson Wentz. Shut down Taylor and it’s a lock. 

56 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

I saw someone post that we were first in the league in pressures on the season. The Chiefs are getting us a lot of publicity, but we've been massively improved all season.

I don't think we should be talked about as the best in the league considering how bad we were last year. Need a larger sample size than seven games.