Week 8 (already???) Thread: WFT (2-5) vs Denver (3-4) - GIF Theme: Tim Allen

MikeT14

14 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I know we’re not supposed to root for the Cowboys and all. But I have to say, watching Kirk Cousins lose to Cooper F. Rush in a primetime national TV game made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It’s good to know that in a world where everything seems to be changing — Kirk Cousins breaking your heart is the one thing that never ever will. 

Bad @e16bball

Bad!!

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah, but that Vikes defense was trash tonight. Lamb and Cooper were just open all night and by wide margins (of what I saw).

You hold the Cowboys to 20 points, I think you’re hoping your $30M+ QB — with his 3 Pro Bowl weapons — is going to get the job done at home, in a dome.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Just my opinion, this season is over. No reason to change anything at QB if the staff remains the same. You want to change stuff, it starts with the staff. 

Agree. 

Sucks the season is over this early.  Really too bad for us fans.  It also feels a bit hopeless because our coaching staff from the top down seems lost and unspectacular.  Sorry to say it, but I have no faith in the future.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, e16bball said:

You hold the Cowboys to 20 points, I think you’re hoping your $30M+ QB — with his 3 Pro Bowl weapons — is going to get the job done at home, in a dome.

Oh, I don't disagree with that assessment. At.All. I'm just saying there's no way that Cooper Rush should've been able to throw for that much.

I was very adamant about keeping KOC, and extremely upset about Turner when we hired him, turns out I was right. His play calling is truly horrendous, and do any of these coaches know how to use any of the players to their strengths? I love that Rivera turned us into a lesser winning Carolina Panthers. Think they have any other washed up players or coaches they want to send our way? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scott Land said:

I was very adamant about keeping KOC, and extremely upset about Turner when we hired him, turns out I was right. His play calling is truly horrendous, and do any of these coaches know how to use any of the players to their strengths? I love that Rivera turned us into a lesser winning Carolina Panthers. Think they have any other washed up players or coaches they want to send our way? 

one thing about rivera is that he is not learning from his mistakes, he is stubborn.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2021 at 11:36 PM, e16bball said:

I know we’re not supposed to root for the Cowboys and all. But I have to say, watching Kirk Cousins lose to Cooper F. Rush in a primetime national TV game made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It’s good to know that in a world where everything seems to be changing — Kirk Cousins breaking your heart is the one thing that never ever will. 

I will never understand this fanbase continued focus on loving to see Kirk Fail. What is it, do you want prove Bruce Allen and Dan Right?

I wish we could get a QB as good or better than Kirk so we could move on and then that QB will take us back to playoffs, but even then I think some will focus on Kirk if he has a bad game. It just makes no sense to me.

Generally when we don’t keep players most of us still would like to see them succeed even if they aren’t playing for us.

21 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Cousins is, was and will always be a .500 Q B . Loser

And who cares? He’s not here anymore, move on.

And in case your wondering our current QB and those we’ve had since 2018 - but Alex Smith - are BIGGER LOSERS!!

Heinicke is now 2-6 in 8 starts in a Washington uniform & he started a game in Carolina which he lost, and played in 3 other games in his NFL career which he lost.

Alex Smith 11-5 as our starter since 2018.

All the other trash QBs we’ve put out there since 2018 only have 8 wins in 4 years. 8-34 or something like that.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I will never understand this fanbase continued focus on loving to see Kirk Fail. What is it, do you want prove Bruce Allen and Dan Right?

I wish we could get a QB as good or better than Kirk so we could move on and then that QB will take us back to playoffs, but even then I think some will focus on Kirk if he has a bad game. It just makes no sense to me.

Generally when we don’t keep players most of us still would like to see them succeed even if they aren’t playing for us.

It’s largely because whenever one makes a comment like “QB has consistently been the major issue for this franchise for decades,” someone will inevitably come in talking about how QB wasn’t an issue back when we had good ole Kirk. Which gets old.

Because it has nothing to do with wanting to prove Dan and Bruce right — it’s abundantly clear at this point that they were right. And yet there’s still this lingering sentiment of “the one who got away” that always gets resurfaced at some point in discussions about QBs in Washington. It would be nice if that would finally die, and folks would accept him for what he is, and we could all move on in peace. He’s the best QB we’ve had in 30 years — but he still wasn’t good enough to win with, so who cares? Being the best of the worst doesn’t make you the answer. But people still seem to feel he was the solution and we just let him trot out the door, so here we are.

As for wanting him to fail, it’s because I think he’s a jackass. I also enjoyed watching guys like DJ Swearinger and Albert Haynesworth fail after they left.

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

It’s largely because whenever one makes a comment like “QB has consistently been the major issue for this franchise for decades,” someone will inevitably come in talking about how QB wasn’t an issue back when we had good ole Kirk. Which gets old.

Because it has nothing to do with wanting to prove Dan and Bruce right — it’s abundantly clear at this point that they were right. And yet there’s still this lingering sentiment of “the one who got away” that always gets resurfaced at some point in discussions about QBs in Washington. It would be nice if that would finally die, and folks would accept him for what he is, and we could all move on in peace. He’s the best QB we’ve had in 30 years — but he still wasn’t good enough to win with, so who cares? Being the best of the worst doesn’t make you the answer. But people still seem to feel he was the solution and we just let him trot out the door, so here we are.

As for wanting him to fail, it’s because I think he’s a jackass. I also enjoyed watching guys like DJ Swearinger and Albert Haynesworth fail after they left.

My whole issue is we haven’t done better than him in 30 years, so I just don’t get the hate.