Yannick named AFC Defensive Player of the Week

RaidersAreOne

Can't be said enough. Really happy he FINALLY made it to the Raiders. I wanted them to make a trade for him going back to Jacksonville. Then again when he was traded to Baltimore. 

Crazy how good he's been to be on his 4th team. I would extend him tomorrow and make him a lifer. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Can't be said enough. Really happy he FINALLY made it to the Raiders. I wanted them to make a trade for him going back to Jacksonville. Then again when he was traded to Baltimore. 

Crazy how good he's been to be on his 4th team. I would extend him tomorrow and make him a lifer. 

Lotta Ravens fans on Twitter were  flapping their Keyboard gums about him being overpaid and not that good when the team signed him. Happy he’s a Raider 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Lotta Ravens fans on Twitter were  flapping their Keyboard gums about him being overpaid and not that good when the team signed him. Happy he’s a Raider 

His contract is a steal. TJ Watt makes more in 1 year than Ngakoue over 2 years.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I would extend him tomorrow and make him a lifer. 

Completely agree. I was actually bummed when the contract was announced. Not because the price per year (Only $13M per) but it was only 2 years. Risk/reward was there and he's absolutely been a homerun. 

I would absolutely offer him another 4+ year deal. The guy is still only 26!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Anyone know who we all have coming off the books next year? Or can be released with no/little dead money?

We have 5 large overpaid players next year (Drake 8, Ferrell 10, Nassib 9.6, Littleton 15.7, Kwiatkoski 8.2).  Cutting them would save $10.4 which would give us $63.  If we extend Carr, Waller, Ngakoue, and Max it will cost around $40 million a year extra on top of what we are giving them next year.  There are a few small contracts we can cut but we will have the core of the team locked up.  Problem is that to improve we would have to start drafting well. Hoping Gruden was the issue there and maybe next time Cable pounds the table for an offensive linemen Mayock will be able to point him to the chair in the corner while grown men speak.

As for guys coming off the books we have a lot of low tier contracts ($2-4.5 million) coming off the books.  Morrow, Hankins, Mariota, Richard, Wright, Carlson, Jefferson, Thomas, Heyward, Incognito, and Jones.  Ingold, Parker, and Peterman are going to be FAs also.

Edited by drfrey13
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

We have 5 large overpaid players next year (Drake 8, Ferrell 10, Nassib 9.6, Littleton 15.7, Kwiatkoski 8.2).  Cutting them would save $10.4 which would give us $63.  If we extend Carr, Waller, Ngakoue, and Max it will cost around $40 million a year extra on top of what we are giving them next year.  There are a few small contracts we can cut but we will have the core of the team locked up.  Problem is that to improve we would have to start drafting well. Hoping Gruden was the issue there and maybe next time Cable pounds the table for an offensive linemen Mayock will be able to point him to the chair in the corner while grown men speak.

Gross, we literally get nothing from Kwit and Ferrell, while Nassib and Littleton should be making about a 3rd of what theyre taking home. Drake is worth about half of that. Weve wasted a ton of resources on picks and FA. We need to lock in our core and build around them so were not taking desperate swings like Ferrell, Kwit. 

9 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Gross, we literally get nothing from Kwit and Ferrell, while Nassib and Littleton should be making about a 3rd of what theyre taking home. Drake is worth about half of that. Weve wasted a ton of resources on picks and FA. We need to lock in our core and build around them so were not taking desperate swings like Ferrell, Kwit. 

We can get rid of all 5 players and still sign our top four.  Then we will start fresh in 2023.  In 2023 we would have $90 in cap space and 35 players under contract if you count the draft picks.  36 and around $84 million in cap if we extend Renfrow.  We would be looking good but 2022 we would have to sit on our hands and hope we get an impact player in the draft.

Edited by drfrey13
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Hilarious because PFF said we had a bottom 5 roster and the head clown Austin Gayle called Ngakoue an edge rusher on his 4th team in 5 years. Like that’s the narrative. Not like the guy didn’t just produce in 3 different schemes for 4 years straight.

Narratives like this kill me. This is why I love buying low. Hayward is the same thing. He had a few bad games last year when he was banged up and now he’s washed? Give me a break. 

• Like 2