NFL Trade Deadline - The Ajayi has landed ?

Kiltman

20 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

I didn't know Seantrel Henderson has Crohn's. Must be really tough to be a professional athlete with Crohn's.

It's tough to be a normal functioning adult with Crohn's, I can't imagine what it's like to have job that has as much physical demands as football and trying to deal with it.

I've been on and off flare ups for the past 6 months and it's been absolutely brutal.

Just now, Remixxxxxxx said:

It's tough to be a normal functioning adult with Crohn's, I can't imagine what it's like to have job that has as much physical demands as football and trying to deal with it.

I've been on and off flare ups for the past 6 months and it's been absolutely brutal.

It seems like such an incredibly frustrating disease to live with. Seems like one of those diseases that really hits patients hard and affects their lives in a pretty profound way.

Just now, Remixxxxxxx said:

thanks man - i manage and people have it a lot worse then me so I don't complain.

on topic - if we trade a first round pick for Cordy Glenn that pretty much puts us all in this year - thoughts?

Hard pass. Glenn is good, but we can't afford him this year and have too much talent to bring back next year to pay him then. Think we should just bring in depth and see what Big V can do.

3 hours ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

I have Crohns

Wait you have it too? Most people who don't have it wouldn't have a clue what a flare up is so I'm assuming you do.

Have you had to have surgery yet? When were you diagnosed? Super curious because I've actually never really met anyone else who has it 

1 hour ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

thanks man - i manage and people have it a lot worse then me so I don't complain.

on topic - if we trade a first round pick for Cordy Glenn that pretty much puts us all in this year - thoughts?

@Remixxxxxxx & @BAConrad also sorry to hear that. I read that he tested positive for medicinal mary jane, for the pain. Now has to really watch his diet. 

Also on the topic of Glenn, pass, mainly because if he's having foot problems there's a chance he'll miss some games down the stretch, which doesn't do us any good. We either need a plug and play type. I honestly would take Joe Thomas tricep tear and all over some of the available options walking around. 

41 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

I have Crohns

Wait you have it too? Most people who don't have it wouldn't have a clue what a flare up is so I'm assuming you do.

Have you had to have surgery yet? When were you diagnosed? Super curious because I've actually never really met anyone else who has it 

Yeah I have it - was diagnosed three years ago officially after about a year and half of tests due to blood and such. 

As far as surgery goes (assuming you mean either the bowel bag or a blood transfusion) I've been able to avoid both so far. However, like I said I've been off and on a flare up for the 6 or so months and the next step is surgery, but I'm trying to avoid that. 

The main concern for me going forward is that my Grandmother, Aunt and Dad all have Crohns and my Grandmother and Aunt have all died from colon cancer before their 50s, so that's something that my doctor and I try to monitor as closely as possible. 

Like I said, I manage it pretty well - you have good days and bad days (I also don't do myself any favors with how much I drink and the amount of bad stuff I eat)  but some people have it way worse so I can't complain. If you read those message boards (support group type things) some people are in really bad shape. 

10 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

The main concern for me going forward is that my Grandmother, Aunt and Dad all have Crohns and my Grandmother and Aunt have all died from colon cancer before their 50s, so that's something that my doctor and I try to monitor as closely as possible

Damn. That's a scary thing to think about.

2 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Yeah I have it - was diagnosed three years ago officially after about a year and half of tests due to blood and such. 

As far as surgery goes (assuming you mean either the bowel bag or a blood transfusion) I've been able to avoid both so far. However, like I said I've been off and on a flare up for the 6 or so months and the next step is surgery, but I'm trying to avoid that. 

The main concern for me going forward is that my Grandmother, Aunt and Dad all have Crohns and my Grandmother and Aunt have all died from colon cancer before their 50s, so that's something that my doctor and I try to monitor as closely as possible. 

Like I said, I manage it pretty well - you have good days and bad days (I also don't do myself any favors with how much I drink and the amount of bad stuff I eat)  but some people have it way worse so I can't complain. If you read those message boards (support group type things) some people are in really bad shape. 

How old are you? Just curious because my situation seems to be a bit strange that I was diagnosed literally at the earliest possible age (they say it's 16 and I was diagnosed a month before my 16th birthday)

And that's good you haven't had to have surgery yet. The "flare ups" are our intestines becoming inflamed, and If they become too inflamed, then you have to get them removed. That's why they say you don't want to have surgery because if they remove a certain amount, that's when the poop bag becomes necessary. 

Which is my biggest fear atm. I had 8 inches of my small and 4 of my large intestines taken out when I was initially diagnosed at 15. I had been having stomach pain for 6 months and we had no idea why. I was constantly throwing up and was so underweight my buddies started called me the white ethiopian. One night before Christmas my stomach was so bad my mom took me to the ER where I had a CAT scan etc. They actually thought it was my appendix and so they took it out,only while they were doing that, they noticed that my intestines were inflamed so badly to the point where I could have died if I waited any longer. So they removed the inflamed parts, and I have a massive scar from my belly button down to my shaft. 

Also super strange because unlike you, I have no family history of it. And you're definitely right to worry. I never took it serious up until I was like 22. Hell, I was doing hard drugs and drinking like a fish from 16 years old up until like 20. Finally went and saw a GI regularly, who told me if I kept up my lifestyle I was going to get pancreatic or colon cancer by the time I hit 30 and be dead not long after. So that was a bit of a life style change-motivated moment for me. 

I still drink but nothing like what I used to. I also quit smoking cigarettes after being a daily smoker since I was 17. My diet is night and day compared to what it used to be.

We basically have to avoid any thing that tastes good. Sugar and gluten being the top two things we crohns patients are supposed to avoid. I've done a decent job of doing so. If you ever want to talk about it PM me. I read a great diet book. The author was on the verge of having a colostomy bag and then she changed her diet drastically and her crohns has essentially been in remission since. I eat a lot of salmon. Water is vital, as is avoiding soda. Stay away from breads as much as possible. Basically have to eat gluten free (though I still have cheat days, I just no longer eat take out every night and drink whiskey and cokes like they're water). Sorry to hear about your family, can imagine that's scary for you. 

Just be careful with these flare ups. I have been there and it freaking sucks. The pain is absolutely indescribable to anyone who doesn't have crohns. Stress has a lot to do with them too. Xanax has legitimately been a life saver for me, because my anxiety and panic attacks would cause flare ups on their own.

Archived