Henry potentially out for the year

ttitansfan4life

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:
fwiw

Interesting. I'd be willing to bet him coming back next hinges on whether we lose this week, or have a chance at the 1 seed next week. If we lose, he plays vs the Texans, if we win and the Bengals beat the Chiefs, he plays vs the Texans. If the Bengals don't beat the Chiefs I have no faith in the Broncos doing it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:
fwiw

In the Titans mailbag this morning, Jim Wyatt kept mentioning how Henry was “up and walking” around. Reading between the lines and the context, it felt like he was basically saying the same thing, that Henry “up and walking” was code for him working out at the facility. Maybe I read to much into it but you guys can judge for yourselves.

“Stephanie Neu from Kingston, Tennessee
Question: Hi Jim. Any update on Derrick Henry returning? Thank you.

Jim: It's now 2022, and I hear No. 22 is up and walking around…

“Carol Thomas from Chattanooga, Tennessee
Question: There are rumors abound concerning Derrick's return for the last regular season game or the playoffs in January. If any of these rumors are true is there concern about whether or not it is too soon for Derrick to return?? I remember what happened years ago to RGIII of the Washington Redskins (team name at the time) when he was injured, although not the same kind of injury as Derrick's, but he came back too soon BEFORE he had ample time to heal properly. Griffin was never the same and eventually he was released. As much as I would love to see Derrick back on the field to increase our chances in the playoffs if it means he's not COMPLETELY healed then I hope he will be allowed to take whatever time is needed for him to comeback healthy and able to perform at the level for which we have all come to expect from him. His value as a person is first to the team and that should never be forgotten no matter how much we want to win.

Jim: I understand your thinking here, Carol. Believe me, Derrick won't return unless the team and Derrick think he's healthy enough to play. Did I mention he's been walking around?...

https://www.tennesseetitans.com/news/new-year-s-day-mailbag-jim-wyatt-answers-questions-from-titans-fans-ahead-of-sun

49 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Part of me really wonders if Schefter was just banking on us missing the playoffs after the Henry injury.

do you/anyone have the original tweet/story where Schefter said he was done for the year?

edit - nvm found this

Edited by deeluxx3