Henry potentially out for the year

ttitansfan4life

Well if it is 8 weeks which seems to be the middle ground the season can still be saved as a 4 seed.  Bummer as bye was possible That gets him back for Miami and Houston to end the season.  We should still be able to beat Houston and Jacksonville with out him.  Not sure about No, NE or SF.   for sure not Rams or Pitts.  That gets us 11-7.  Indy still have Buffalo, TB, AZ, Raiders and NE to play.  Lucky to only loose 3 of those putting them at 9-8.  AP would be a okay add.  Again another season we go into the play offs in a bad spot even though we are more then capable of beating anyone on any given Sunday. 

Edited by quiller

29 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

We are definitely going to really find out who Tanne and Vrabel are the rest of this year. I am super sad today but excited to see how we adjust. 

Agreed. This hurts short term but in the end it could benefit us and potentially prolong DH's career. Perhaps we develop an offense that will open holes for DH through effective passing. 

Don't expect us to play great on SNF this week...coming off our biggest 3 game stretch since the AFCC run a couple of years ago...but a couple of games down the road I think we regain some momentum and lock up the division. 

You know, it sucks it never worked out for Darrynton Evans because this would be a prime spot for him to take over and cement himself as RB 2 behind Henry in the future. 

Maybe whoever we sign/trade for cements himself as RB 2 of the future and becomes the guy who can “steal” a few carries from Henry.

5 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

like I said...I'm not a doctor, but I could've been

probably should've watched his whole video. he says there was no reason to pull him specifically on sunday as it wouldn't have necessarily made it worse, but that the injury itself is a repetitive stress injury and that henry's heavy workload likely contributed to it.....like i said earlier.

19 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

probably should've watched his whole video. he says there was no reason to pull him specifically on sunday as it wouldn't have necessarily made it worse, but that the injury itself is a repetitive stress injury and that henry's heavy workload likely contributed to it.....like i said earlier.

this is the last I'll say about any of this because ultimately I know zero about any of this from a medical perspective and I'm going to go out on a limb and say neither do you. We're both just going off of whatever we read/hear today regarding the injury to support/refute your argument that this is 100% on Vrabel, which I think is asinine.

But let's split hairs because that's what's going on here. Dr. Chao doesn't say "likely," he says "potentially could contribute to this stress type fracture" but it's an anatomic anomaly and the outside of the foot doesn't get the blood supply that the rest of the foot does.

these guys are pro athletes. Their bodies get worked and worked and worked - whether it's in practice or games - and coaches/trainers/athletes themselves manage accordingly. Injuries happen (Chao said this tends to be common in WRs) and Derrick getting a high workload is a big part of the reason we're 6-2. Had you been watching games the past 7 weeks wondering how Derrick's fifth metatarsal is sustaining his workload or have you just been waiting for him to get hurt so you can say "i told ya so, Mike!!!!!!"?

3 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Had you been watching games the past 7 weeks wondering how Derrick's fifth metatarsal is sustaining his workload or have you just been waiting for him to get hurt so you can say "i told ya so, Mike!!!!!!"?

yeah, those are definitely the only two options. every time i make a point you just invent a scenario that has no bearing on what i'm trying to say, so forget it.