Henry potentially out for the year

ttitansfan4life

You know the thing that’s going to be the most annoying to me.

Even if we come out and upset the Rams on Sunday, even if Tannehill lights it up the rest of the season, even if our offense continues to roll Henry-less, even if we’re one of the top seeds come playoff time, there’s still going to be a large fraction of people who’ll be on the “they still aren’t going anywhere without Henry” bandwagon no matter what we do or accomplish.

6 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Even if we come out and upset the Rams on Sunday, even if Tannehill lights it up the rest of the season, even if our offense continues to roll Henry-less, even if we’re one of the top seeds come playoff time, there’s still going to be a large fraction of people who’ll be on the “they still aren’t going anywhere without Henry” bandwagon no matter what we do or accomplish.

wayward pines GIF

20 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

It will be what the Rams did wrong.

12 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

2 different positions though Henry plants, cut, & explode off his foot more than Lawrence. This isn’t something we want to rush him back from my opinion no matter how tempting it is unless he’s 100% healthy, & we’re in the thick of things in the playoffs. Eddie George had a similar foot/ toe injury & he was never the same he couldn’t plant & cut. 

On 11/1/2021 at 5:16 PM, -Hope- said:

probably should've watched his whole video. he says there was no reason to pull him specifically on sunday as it wouldn't have necessarily made it worse, but that the injury itself is a repetitive stress injury and that henry's heavy workload likely contributed to it.....like i said earlier.

doubt it.. what heavy workload? he was at 219 carries or so... thats not a heavy work load.. now, he was on pace for a heavy work load, but as it stood at the time of his injury, he wasnt. knowing that dudes history since high school, i think it was a freak injury, like it is for most guys who break that bone.. also, he broke it in the first quarter on his first few carries...

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i can't help but worry about what rushing him back might mean for the long term, and whether he'll even be effective so quickly after the injury. would really rather just wait until the playoffs, tbh.

Yeah, I’m all for not risking it. Saw this research article about a month ago and it made me way more hesitant to bring him back early. Here’s a part of the research…..

“Results: 42 Jones fractures were identified during the 2010-2015 NFL seasons. 15 players returned to the field in 10 weeks or less after surgery, with 9 requiring a second Jones fracture surgery. 27 players returned to the field greater than 10 weeks after surgery, with 4 requiring a second Jones fracture surgery.”

The full passage is here. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/318805736_Optimal_Time_to_Return_to_Play_and_Performance_after_Jones_Fracture_Surgery_in_the_National_Football_League

Edited by TitanSlim

If the Titans are winning to end the season I see no reason to trot Henry out there yet 

I would just take wait and see where things are after we play SF and see how the rest of that weekend shakes out 

NE has at Indy vs Buf their next 2 games 

If they drop a couple and the Titans feel like they need or want Henry to get work in the Miami game, I could be down for that 

• Like 1