Henry potentially out for the year

ttitansfan4life

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

If we want to trade for a more complete back (Lindsay, Mack, RoJo) and sign Peterson as a pure bruiser, that’s fine. If AP is the only move, uh oh.

i mean, am i crazy for thinking an AP/foreman due wouldn’t be that bad lol? foreman impressed me last year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

i mean, am i crazy for thinking an AP/foreman due wouldn’t be that bad lol? foreman impressed me last year.

I'd rather at least one of the guys splitting carries have speed. 

I don't want to continue to pound into 8 man boxes with big guys for 2 yards.

Just now, -Hope- said:

The problem is that they’re just the same back right? If the goal is to run the same offense with just a vastly inferior back, I suppose either of them can manage that. 

4 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I'd rather at least one of the guys splitting carries have speed. 

I don't want to continue to pound into 8 man boxes with big guys for 2 yards.

well, it’s not like we can really be choosy right now lol. who is even available who is faster than those guys?

16 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

we're running a running back too hard, and he broke a bone in his foot because of fatigue. makes sense.

were we running Darrynton Evans too hard? Did we give Julio just TOO many targets? Did we put too much of this offense on Tommy Hudson's shoulders? 

nobody will disagree that giving Henry a ton of carries is worrisome. But this is an athlete that hasn't shown up on the injury report and was basically wearing a red shirt all during training camp. He wants the ball and we give him the ball (we need to give him the ball). That's the belly of this beast. Injuries are part of the game. Last time Derrick was clearly banged up was 2019 when we were also feeding him the ball, and we benched them in an important game vs NO while we were fighting for a playoff spot. Was that Vrabel's fault?

Didn't we bench him because that Saints game was actually meaningless? Pretty sure the Bucs lost to the Texans the day before, which ended up making our saints game irrelevant, because no matter what the next week we would have had to beat the Texans. 

I really think usage with rb is as unique as any position in any sport. What we were doing with him was what I believe most definitely causing fatigue. Especially on stuff like a short week. I think it may have costed us a game here and there to maybe not run him wild but in the end gave him more longevity this year. An injury can happen even if a player gets one carry you are absolutely right, but I think the percentages go up more and more the more you push the body. Just what I think.

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

dude, what are you even talking about? none of what you’re saying is relevant to anything. i am talking about derrick henry. why would i care about julio or whatever? they’re different players and you handle them differently.

we know derrick can handle a heavy workload. we’ve given him one before. that’s fine. however, this season we were literally giving him the heaviest workload in the history of football. we were pushing our luck and we didn’t even need to. i happen to think that’s a problem, but maybe that’s just me!

you're picking and choosing when you decide that injuries are avoidable. that's why Evans/Julio/Hudson are relevant examples.

you're saying that it's Vrabel's fault Derrick got hurt. You're saying Vrabel is choosing to give him the ball over-and-over and playing with fire that Derrick will get hurt. Well unfortunately injuries are part of the sport of football.

Vrabel is extremely cautious w/ injured players and not rushing them back. That's why Julio is relevant. The last we saw from Julio, he was trying to re-enter a football game while apparently not 100%. Vrabel is not going to play him.

Yes, Derrick is getting a massive workload. Yes, that is worrisome. Yes, Derrick has (to our knowledge as fans) been healthy all season. Don't recall him ever being on the injured list. So he's going to continue playing. You don't break a bone in your foot because you got a s*** ton of carries in the 7 games prior.

We ask a ton of Derrick. But we need to because we need him, and frankly we've been unable/unwilling to sign/play a legit #2 running back. So far, there have been zero reports of Derrick not feeling good physically even with the massive workload sustained this year. Yesterday he broke a bone in his foot. Really sucks it happened. But that could've happened on the first play of the season and it wouldn't have been Vrabel's fault then. If we entered the game knowing Derrick was not close to 100% and still gave him ~30 carries, you'd have a point. But we didn't. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

well, it’s not like we can really be choosy right now lol. who is even available who is faster than those guys?

Most of the known guys aren't fast. I think we need someone like AD or Foremen to split carries with McNichols who is both quick/fast.

Sargent could get a few carries. He's a little lighter than James Robinson, but that's kind of who he reminds me of athletically.