Henry potentially out for the year

ttitansfan4life

7 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i would simply not have given our running back carries at a historic rate or given him 28 carries *after* he sustained an injury but i guess i’m just built different 

haven't you applauded Vrabel in the past for being overly cautious w/ injured players?

It's not his sole decision if/when a player returns to a game after being banged up. You have no idea when or on which play Derrick broke the bone. If it was on the first play of the season, you wouldn't be saying it's Vrabel's fault.

2 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

haven't you applauded Vrabel in the past for being overly cautious w/ injured players?

It's not his sole decision if/when a player returns to a game after being banged up. You have no idea when or on which play Derrick broke the bone. If it was on the first play of the season, you wouldn't be saying it's Vrabel's fault.

no, i haven’t. a lot of people on here have, but imo his record is pretty mixed when you take into account the situation with succop etc.

i’ve been saying all season that we’re running him way too hard, and it’s obvious that we did. really that simple.

I am sick. So upset. Just ruined my day. The amount of carries he was getting he was bound to get hurt in some way. I don't care how super human anyone wants to think he is. We should have been spelling him more with fresh legs. 

Not going to lie, that kind of does it for us this year as far as hopes for a run in the playoffs. As optimistic as I am, this team is built to work around Henry. 

We will be watching a different team on Sundays this year. Very very different from now on. 

We are really going to find out who Tannehill is this year. Which in the end. May be what we need. My belief is we need to know if we can lean on him, and if not let the cards fall from there. 

11 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

no, i haven’t. a lot of people on here have, but imo his record is pretty mixed when you take into account the situation with succop etc.

i’ve been saying all season that we’re running him way too hard, and it’s obvious that we did. really that simple.

we're running a running back too hard, and he broke a bone in his foot because of fatigue. makes sense.

were we running Darrynton Evans too hard? Did we give Julio just TOO many targets? Did we put too much of this offense on Tommy Hudson's shoulders? 

nobody will disagree that giving Henry a ton of carries is worrisome. But this is an athlete that hasn't shown up on the injury report and was basically wearing a red shirt all during training camp. He wants the ball and we give him the ball (we need to give him the ball). That's the belly of this beast. Injuries are part of the game. Last time Derrick was clearly banged up was 2019 when we were also feeding him the ball, and we benched them in an important game vs NO while we were fighting for a playoff spot. Was that Vrabel's fault?

Edited by deeluxx3

Just now, deeluxx3 said:

we're running a running back too hard, and he broke a bone in his foot because of fatigue. makes sense.

were we running Darrynton Evans too hard? Did we give Julio just TOO many targets? Did we put too much of this offense on Tommy Hudson's shoulders? 

nobody will disagree that giving Henry a ton of carries is worrisome. But this is an athlete that hasn't shown up on the injury report and was basically wearing a red shirt all during training camp. He wants the ball and we give him the ball (we need to give him the ball). That's the belly of this beast. Injuries are part of the game. Last time Derrick showed up on an injury report was 2019 when we were also feeding him the ball, and we benched them in an important game vs NO while we were fighting for a playoff spot. Was that Vrabel's fault?

dude, what are you even talking about? none of what you’re saying is relevant to anything. i am talking about derrick henry. why would i care about julio or whatever? they’re different players and you handle them differently.

we know derrick can handle a heavy workload. we’ve given him one before. that’s fine. however, this season we were literally giving him the heaviest workload in the history of football. we were pushing our luck and we didn’t even need to. i happen to think that’s a problem, but maybe that’s just me!

• Like 1