Henry potentially out for the year

ttitansfan4life

7 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

you're picking and choosing when you decide that injuries are avoidable. that's why Evans/Julio/Hudson are relevant examples.

you're saying that it's Vrabel's fault Derrick got hurt. You're saying Vrabel is choosing to give him the ball over-and-over and playing with fire that Derrick will get hurt. Well unfortunately injuries are part of the sport of football.

injuries are part of the sport of football. if you're smart, you can minimize them.

Vrabel is extremely cautious w/ injured players and not rushing them back. That's why Julio is relevant. The last we saw from Julio, he was trying to re-enter a football game while apparently not 100%. Vrabel is not going to play him.

Yes, Derrick is getting a massive workload. Yes, that is worrisome. Yes, Derrick has (to our knowledge as fans) been healthy all season. Don't recall him ever being on the injured list. So he's going to continue playing. You don't break a bone in your foot because you got a s*** ton of carries in the 7 games prior.

the jones fracture is literally a repetitive stress injury. so yeah, you do break a bone in your foot because you got a s*** ton of carries in the 7 games prior.

We ask a ton of Derrick. But we need to because we need him, and frankly we've been unable/unwilling to sign/play a legit #2 running back.

and whose fault is that?

So far, there have been zero reports of Derrick not feeling good physically even with the massive workload sustained this year. Yesterday he broke a bone in his foot. Really sucks it happened. But that could've happened on the first play of the season and it wouldn't have been Vrabel's fault then. If we entered the game knowing Derrick was not close to 100% and still gave him ~30 carries, you'd have a point. But we didn't. 

we literally gave him ~30 carries after he was hurt.

I know this sounds stupid...probably is...but I think this benefits us long term. Henry was on a ridiculous pace for touches, and our OC/organization is in my opinion running him so much to justify the contract. I know people wanted him to win MVP, but I just want to win games. 

The upside here is we have several games to figure out how to win games without him...we have weapons. There have been so many games that we have won when Henry was basically shutdown(yesterday) and so many games that he was shutdown and we lost because we couldn't just not run him despite the 10 man boxes. 

We should see more 5 wide, and I also think we will run whoever starts 20 times a game too...just not 28-35 carries. 

15 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

you're picking and choosing when you decide that injuries are avoidable. that's why Evans/Julio/Hudson are relevant examples.

you're saying that it's Vrabel's fault Derrick got hurt. You're saying Vrabel is choosing to give him the ball over-and-over and playing with fire that Derrick will get hurt. Well unfortunately injuries are part of the sport of football.

Vrabel is extremely cautious w/ injured players and not rushing them back. That's why Julio is relevant. The last we saw from Julio, he was trying to re-enter a football game while apparently not 100%. Vrabel is not going to play him.

Yes, Derrick is getting a massive workload. Yes, that is worrisome. Yes, Derrick has (to our knowledge as fans) been healthy all season. Don't recall him ever being on the injured list. So he's going to continue playing. You don't break a bone in your foot because you got a s*** ton of carries in the 7 games prior.

We ask a ton of Derrick. But we need to because we need him, and frankly we've been unable/unwilling to sign/play a legit #2 running back. So far, there have been zero reports of Derrick not feeling good physically even with the massive workload sustained this year. Yesterday he broke a bone in his foot. Really sucks it happened. But that could've happened on the first play of the season and it wouldn't have been Vrabel's fault then. If we entered the game knowing Derrick was not close to 100% and still gave him ~30 carries, you'd have a point. But we didn't. 

Yes injuries are part of the game & Vrabel makes it no better giving the guy 25-30 touches a game, especially uselesss carries even Shanahan sharpe said it last week, beating the chiefs that he counted at least 8 carries that were pointless we kept giving Henry… 

For anybody that wants this, lol. Yes we’re going to have to rely on the passing game more now but we can’t just go and be a 40-50 passing attempt offense. This OL is flat out garbage in pass-pro and we’d get Tannehill killed. Honestly I’d rather sign a couple RBs and go after someone like Gesicki. An explosive TE opens up so much more in this offense then a 3rd receiver. 

• Like 1