Henry Ruggs involved in serious car accident; Charged with DUI resulting in death; Released

RaidersAreOne

There is an article on yahoo sports I just read.. Seems like he may be in for a long journey. With the team releasing him so fast. I can't help but think they know something. Also on top of the dui laws you guys have explained so well. There is going to be another component. If he is found to be under the influence chances are prosecution goes for the max and tries to make an example out of him. Football star of the new local franchise. Add in the car burning video. I hate to say it but I think this young man in going to miss a lot of things we take for granted. And he may miss them for decades.

5 hours ago, dante9876 said:

I wanted lamb sooo bad. Ugh. 

me too, but don't really see how this is bad pick because of accident. 

i keep seeing this. if lamb did same thing people would prob say opposite but talent and production ruggs was really coming into his own. The pick wasnt bad, the decision was to drive drunk

4 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Anyone finding the timing of this strange?

Mark Davis just came out and broke ranks with the owners about wanting more information on the WFT investigation. 

Not to mention the strange way Gruden was the only one punished 

What do you mean? 

10 hours ago, BigD1123 said:

I hope someone finds a go fund me for that family. As much as we all spend on Raider gear and tickets or whatever we could at least try to help the family a little. This breaks my heart 

It's too bad the league couldn't take the money that was going to be paid to Ruggs and give it to her family. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BigD1123 said:

There is an article on yahoo sports I just read.. Seems like he may be in for a long journey. With the team releasing him so fast. I can't help but think they know something. Also on top of the dui laws you guys have explained so well. There is going to be another component. If he is found to be under the influence chances are prosecution goes for the max and tries to make an example out of him. Football star of the new local franchise. Add in the car burning video. I hate to say it but I think this young man in going to miss a lot of things we take for granted. And he may miss them for decades.

I think so as well. 

This isn't one of those "First time offense, we'll take it easy on you" kind of things. He'll spend the rest of his 20's behind bars at the very least. He's not playing football again. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I think so as well. 

This isn't one of those "First time offense, we'll take it easy on you" kind of things. He'll spend the rest of his 20's behind bars at the very least. He's not playing football again. 

I agree and it's a sad day overall.  Loss of life due to senselessness and a waste of talent.  

DWI is inexcusable but when an innocent life is lost, it's beyond horrific....  He will be locked up for a long time and rightfully so.  

I hate even bringing up the football aspect of this but his loss on the field will be a major blow to the O.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dante9876 said:

What do you mean? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/raiders-owner-mark-davis-breaks-rank-says-nfl-should-release-written-report-of-wft-investigation/amp/

Less than a week later…All of the sudden our star in the making WR, makes a fatal career ending mistake on a random Tuesday morning 

This is not the 1st time we had a player go Awol (Robbins). I’m not ruling out this wasn’t a random occurrence. This timing is strange