Aaron Rodgers Tests Positive for COVID

CWood21

1 minute ago, HokieHigh said:

this is a value judgment 

It's almost like I said that myself in the very last line.

I have no problem with issuing a value judgement like I did. I absolutely believe it because I belief in personal choice and the associated consequences. Especially in a case where there is no burden to entry involved.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

this is why critical thinking is paramount

it's quite easy to see the differences without much effort

We agree to disagree, but I'm happy people who needed the vax have it and those who wanted the vax have it for their peace of mind, and I mean that sincerely. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

this is why critical thinking is paramount

it's quite easy to see the differences without much effort

The first step of critical thinking is knowing when to use it. "I'm gonna do my own research and trust it over experts" is not critical thinking, is being stupid. We're standing on the shoulders of others whether we like it or not - we trust scientists every time we drive a car, go over a bridge or take an elevator and this shouldn't be any different.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

The first step of critical thinking is knowing when to use it. "I'm gonna do my own research and trust it over experts" is not critical thinking, is being stupid. We're standing on the shoulders of others whether we like it or not - we trust scientists every time we drive a car, go over a bridge or take an elevator and this shouldn't be any different.

100% agreed.

It is very likely that unless you individually have dedicated your life to obtaining or improving some piece of knowledge, the information you "discover" (read: uncover on the internet after it's been dumbed-down for you by middle-persons who loosely and biasedly interpret the actual hard data), you are much, much, much better off not trusting your life to your own "research".

• Like 1

If you're going to quote MLK, first, don't. But if you do, second, don't. But if you eventually do, third, get it right.

f4n5k7dbhtx71.jpg

Actual quote: “There are just laws and there are unjust laws. I would be the first to advocate obeying just laws. One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.”

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, I didn't wanna take this on another hell ride going down what a joke the education system has become. Let's just say, they've gotten what they wanted out of it and leave it at that.

You mean the weekly babysitting service that we pay vast sums of money for? Let's call it for what it is. 

If you go back to the covid lockdowns, parents were crying about schools being closed, because they couldn't handle the excessive interaction time between themselves and their children. 

Edited by Howler