Aaron Rodgers Tests Positive for COVID

CWood21

26 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

@CWood21

What are we supposed to do about this?

It's against the rules to derail the topic, but it's morally repugnant to let blatant misinformation get posted when it might be listened to and harm others?

What blatant misinformation? Why would they be unveiling boosters if the original vaccines worked as advertised? The vaccine class is faulty by definition, especially since the CDC director had originally stated that they would prevent contraction and transmission. We were sold magic beans. 

With all this said, I believe there is a place for this vaccine among high risk individuals.  There is benefit there. Immediate lung failure overrides any myocarditis, thrombosis or skin cancer concerns.

And look up the mortality rate for Covid 19 among health individuals in the prime of their lives (Western nations primarily). It's miniscule. I believe it's below 1 percent. 

Edited by Howler

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

You assume he grocery shops? 😂 Ever hear of ship't? He doesn't grocery shop and  probably doesn't go out much at all. The reality is he got it from somebody he spent a lot of time with in close proximity. Even you should be able to figure out that is likely a teammate who got COVID.

Your desperation to hang onto your narrative has affected your ability to reason or see anything other than the way you WANT IT TO BE. Not the way it is. 

Taylor went on the COVID list Oct. 14th Rodgers didn't test positive until after 14 days so it wasn't who he got it from. 

Packers place Malik Taylor on COVID-19 reserve list - ProFootballTalk (nbcsports.com)

I don't have a narrative. I'm laughing at you for using your agenda about vaccine effectiveness to sneak an obvious non fact in as a "fact".

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yeah, no, Malik Taylor spent 10 days on the Covid list. Good chance he wasn't vaccinated. All fringe players are not vaccinated. 

I thought he spend a heck of a lot longer than that. Also, when he got COVID and when Rodgers tested positive would basically have ruled out Rodgers getting it from him. 

Taylor went on the COVID list on October 16th. Rodgers got it after the 14 day incubation period. He didn't get it from Taylor. 

Packers place Malik Taylor on COVID-19 reserve list - ProFootballTalk (nbcsports.com)

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

@CWood21

What are we supposed to do about this?

It's against the rules to derail the topic, but it's morally repugnant to let blatant misinformation get posted when it might be listened to and harm others?

Ignore it. I mean the poster not the post. Well the former has the same effect, but permanently so. And I advocate for this because the more people that ignore them, the less times they are quoted and less I have to accidentally read it 

32 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Here are the facts:

1. Aaron Rodgers refused the two pokes in the arm.

2. Aaron Rodgers got COVID, probably from a vaccinated person.

3. Aaron Rodgers apparently is asymptomatic as he was well enough to do a podcast this afternoon.

4. Aaron Rodgers seems well on his way to beating COVID, this should be good news to everyone. Including those who pray at the alter to the COVID vaccine. 

5. Aaron Rodgers now has natural immunity to COVID. That is science and yes, they tested people last year after getting COVID and they did indeed have immunity.

6. The NFL will still require Aaron Rodgers to either get the two pokes or continue to follow the protocols of those without immunity because he hasn't taken the two pokes. 

Where am I wrong?  

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I don't have a narrative. I'm laughing at you for using your agenda about vaccine effectiveness to sneak an obvious non fact in as a "fact".

Hey, look up the word PROBABLY! Then go away because you are wrong. 

Finally watching this interview. He legit just said "There was nothing deceptive about it (in regards to his vax status)you know me and the things I say are very poignant. If there were follow up questions I would have answered them honestly." 

How exactly would he have seen this going down?

Reporter: Aaron are you vaccinated?

Aaron: Yeah, I'm immunized.

Reporter's follow up question here is what? Saying are you sure? Do you pinky swear? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Howler said:

What blatant misinformation? Why would they be unveiling boosters if the original vaccines worked as advertised?

And look up the mortality rate for Covid 19 among health individuals in the prime of their lives (Western nations primarily). It's miniscule. I believe it's below 1 percent. 

1. Your vaccine effectiveness rates are absurd.

2. Boosters are coming out because antibodies don't stay in our bodies forever. We get boosters for most vaccines we get. Needing a booster shot isn't evidence that the vaccine is failing or anything of the sort. 

3. 1% of our nation is 3,500,000 people. A 1% mortality rate in an extremely contagious virus, is a BIG problem, especially because our nation isn't made up exclusively of healthy individuals in the prime of their lives. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pool said:

Finally watching this interview. He legit just said "There was nothing deceptive about it (in regards to his vax status)you know me and the things I say are very poignant. If there were follow up questions I would have answered them honestly." 

How exactly would he have seen this going down?

Reporter: Aaron are you vaccinated?

Aaron: Yeah, I'm immunized.

Reporter's follow up question here is what? Saying are you sure? Do you pinky swear? 

Probably more along the lines of defining immunized vs vaccinated. It's not rocket science. 

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

1. Your vaccine effectiveness rates are absurd.

2. Boosters are coming out because antibodies don't stay in our bodies forever. We get boosters for most vaccines we get. Needing a booster shot isn't evidence that the vaccine is failing or anything of the sort. 

3. 1% of our nation is 3,500,000 people. A 1% mortality rate in an extremely contagious virus, is a BIG problem, especially because our nation isn't made up exclusively of healthy individuals in the prime of their lives. 

It sounds outlandish, but it's true.  A recent Israeli study had the efficacy rate for the original vaccines at 52 percent. 

Even the CDC's projection in August was a cause for alarm. 66%

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20210825/cdc-covid-19-vaccines-66-percent-effective-against-delta-variant

Edited by Howler

8 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Hey, look up the word PROBABLY! Then go away because you are wrong. 

I was willing to let this go at a simple "lol" but now that you've tripled-down on this, let's dig into it...

I initially laughed at you because you said something that is COMPLETELY unknowable to you was a fact. Once this was pointed out, a person in an intellectually honest mood would say "you're right, I have absolutely no idea where Aaron Rodgers contracted Covid-19 because I haven't the slightest clue who or what he has interacted with."

You did not. Instead you decided to defend your terrible take with the depth of a kiddie pool by listing several people he has interacted with. You then suggested that the place he works, literally the one place he visits in his life that has the MOST STRINGENT covid protocols that are tracked (and adhered to 100% according to MLF) and assume THAT is the place he got it. I suspect that thought did not occur to you.

Meanwhile, he has traveled across the country, encounters people and objects with completely unknowable backgrounds in mostly uncontrolled environments. And for some reason you completely dismiss the rest of the world as a possibility of where he may have contracted it.

And I am very confident that even after reading this you will not change your completely unjustifiable stance that he "probably got it from a vaccinated person" because I've discovered that individuals who (1) state unjustifiable opinions (2) get called out on it and (3) double-down on it rarely if ever are capable of changing their minds because they are so invested in being unjustifiably "right" in their own minds.

9 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Probably more along the lines of defining immunized vs vaccinated. It's not rocket science. 

Then he can't say he wasn't being intentionally deceptive. Because you are right, it's not rocket science.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Hey, Jordan Love showing up at his press conference with a mask. Does this mean he's unvaccinated or just being overly cautious?

He said he's vaccinated, he's just wearing a mask because he's in the protocol now (as a close contact with Aaron Rodgers).  He also said he loves his mother, so that's another thing he's got on #12.

• Like 2