Aaron Rodgers Tests Positive for COVID

CWood21

7 minutes ago, Howler said:

It sounds outlandish, but it's true.  An Israeli study had the efficacy rate for the original vaccines at 52 percent. 

Even the CDC's projection in August was a cause for alarm. 66%

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20210825/cdc-covid-19-vaccines-66-percent-effective-against-delta-variant

Did you read it? There's a super important line in there: however, this trend should be interpreted with caution because VE might also be declining as time since vaccination increases and because of poor precision in estimates due to limited number of weeks of observation and few infections among participants.

There's not enough of a sample size based on the deviation of times when vaccines were taken. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pool said:

Finally watching this interview. He legit just said "There was nothing deceptive about it (in regards to his vax status)you know me and the things I say are very poignant. If there were follow up questions I would have answered them honestly." 

How exactly would he have seen this going down?

Reporter: Aaron are you vaccinated?

Aaron: Yeah, I'm immunized.

Reporter's follow up question here is what? Saying are you sure? Do you pinky swear? 

Yes, he's a guy that gets off thinking he's the smartest guy in the room by feeling "clever".

He intentionally said what he said so he could backtrack at a later date not caring/realizing that nobody cares about the distinction that existed in his mind because we all know he's a clown.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I was willing to let this go at a simple "lol" but now that you've tripled-down on this, let's dig into it...

I initially laughed at you because you said something that is COMPLETELY unknowable to you was a fact. Once this was pointed out, a person in an intellectually honest mood would say "you're right, I have absolutely no idea where Aaron Rodgers contracted Covid-19 because I haven't the slightest clue who or what he has interacted with."

You did not. Instead you decided to defend your terrible take with the depth of a kiddie pool by listing several people he has interacted with. You then suggested that the place he works, literally the one place he visits in his life that has the MOST STRINGENT covid protocols that are tracked (and adhered to 100% according to MLF) and assume THAT is the place he got it. I suspect that thought did not occur to you.

Meanwhile, he has traveled across the country, encounters people and objects with completely unknowable backgrounds in mostly uncontrolled environments. And for some reason you completely dismiss the rest of the world as a possibility of where he may have contracted it.

And I am very confident that even after reading this you will not change your completely unjustifiable stance that he "probably got it from a vaccinated person" because I've discovered that individuals who (1) state unjustifiable opinions (2) get called out on it and (3) double-down on it rarely if ever are capable of changing their minds because they are so invested in being unjustifiably "right" in their own minds.

Your feigned intellectual superiority it quite funny. You are blinded by any thought you could be wrong on any topic relating to the COVID vaccine. 

To those of us with some perspective, it's actually sad. 

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

He said he's vaccinated, he's just wearing a mask because he's in the protocol now (as a close contact with Aaron Rodgers).  He also said he loves his mother, so that's another thing he's got on #12.

Thanks for interjecting some humor into this discussion. I know it is probably frowned upon, but I got a kick out of it. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Hey, Jordan Love showing up at his press conference with a mask. Does this mean he's unvaccinated or just being overly cautious?

He explains why he’s wearing it in the interview. Do you ever like research or look into stuff or do you just spew bull**** in every post? 

At least consider not posting every empty thought that pops into that little brain of yours. 

2 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

He explains why he’s wearing it in the interview. Do you ever like research or look into stuff or do you just spew bull**** in every post? 

At least consider not posting every empty thought that pops into that little brain of yours. 

Duly noted! Sorry I stepped into your specialty on this board. 

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Your feigned intellectual superiority it quite funny. You are blinded by any thought you could be wrong on any topic relating to the COVID vaccine. 

Yea but literally your wrong.  Your walking confirmation bias. 

Edited by Spartacus

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

If you have worms, Ivermectin is quite effective at making you not have worms.  There's just no reason to believe it works on viruses because what it does for worms is "disrupt the reproduction of the worms" which happens on a much wider time scale than "reproduction of viruses."  Also worm reproduction has very little to do with viral reproduction.

Hey, hey, hey....easy with all the sex talk :)

• Like 1

So I've had a lot of vaccines in my life: MMR, TDAP, a bunch of flu shots, Meningitis, etc.  I can't say I've had anything I would call a "long term consequence" from any of them, aside from "not getting tetanus".

So it feels like "a vaccine has long term consequences" is the claim that requires the burden of proof, rather than the negation.  Since like, vaccines don't have long term consequences usually?

Edited by PossibleCabbage

8 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Age doesn't grant you perspective if you can't question yourself from time to time.

I'm not feigning anything. I feel very comfortable being on the "right" side of the Covid debate because the only thing I'm loyal to is the truth as it convincingly presents itself to me each day.

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Did you read it? There's a super important line in there: however, this trend should be interpreted with caution because VE might also be declining as time since vaccination increases and because of poor precision in estimates due to limited number of weeks of observation and few infections among participants.

There's not enough of a sample size based on the deviation of times when vaccines were taken. 

Yes. There is a concern about the parameters of the study.

BTW I found the Israeli study I had referred to earlier. Israeli health ministry cites the Pfizer vaccines to be only 39% effective against the delta strain. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/23/delta-variant-pfizer-covid-vaccine-39percent-effective-in-israel-prevents-severe-illness.html

The efficacy figure, which is based on an unspecified number of people between June 20 and July 17, is down from an earlier estimate of 64% two weeks ago and conflicts with data out of the U.K. that found the shot was 88% effective against symptomatic disease caused by the variant.

3 minutes ago, Howler said:

Yes. There is a concern about the parameters of the study.

BTW I found the Israeli study I had referred to earlier. Israeli health ministry cites the Pfizer vaccines to be only 39% effective against the delta strain. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/23/delta-variant-pfizer-covid-vaccine-39percent-effective-in-israel-prevents-severe-illness.html

The efficacy figure, which is based on an unspecified number of people between June 20 and July 17, is down from an earlier estimate of 64% two weeks ago and conflicts with data out of the U.K. that found the shot was 88% effective against symptomatic disease caused by the variant.

Israel used Astra Zeneca vaccines heavily. Their data is basically worthless for us. 

Edited by AlexGreen#20