Will the league suspend Aaron Rodgers?

Matts4313

Do you believe additional punishment in the form of a suspension is coming?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe additional punishment in the form of a suspension is coming?

• Yes - additional punishment including suspension
    • Yes - additional punishment, but only a fine to Rodgers (or Packers)
    • No - no additional punishment will come from the league office

Are we still pretending like vaccines stop spread? Roughly 90% of the public seems to be roughly six months behind the actual science at all times. God, society as a whole is dumb.

My advice to the NFL? Give the Packers a hefty fine to appease the Faucidiots, then read this PubMed article and drop the irrational, anti-science vaccination policy:

Increases in COVID-19 are unrelated to levels of vaccination across 68 countries and 2947 counties in the United States

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JustAGuy said:

Are we still pretending like vaccines stop spread? Roughly 90% of the public seems to be roughly six months behind the actual science at all times. God, society as a whole is dumb.

My advice to the NFL? Give the Packers a hefty fine to appease the Faucidiots, then read this PubMed article and drop the irrational, anti-science vaccination policy:

Increases in COVID-19 are unrelated to levels of vaccination across 68 countries and 2947 counties in the United States

There’s a place for this post:

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/34456-covid-19-newsdiscussion/page/377/

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Xenos said:
14 minutes ago, JustAGuy said:

Expand  

There’s a place for this post:

outside-dumpster-trash-garbage1.jpg

FIFY

• Like 7

How the league reacts to this will tell us a lot about what kind of people we are dealing with.  In reality, we pretty much know this already, so it will more likely just reinforce our current beliefs about what actually motivates the league owners.  They instituted a set of draconian measures to help push a narrative about how concerned they are and how responsible they want to be in the face of the current Covid-19 situation. 

If they truly are concerned, they will do something fairly serious about this.  If they have really just been putting up a facade for the public, which I believe to be the case, then Rodgers will receive a mere slap on the wrist and the Packers will receive a small fine and maybe lose a late round draft pick or two. 

Their actions could speak quite loudly about their true motives.  We shall see.

I just don't know how they can't go big on this now that it is out.  But no doubt this will be brushed under the carpet.

I would just think that there would be blowback from the rest of the league.  So many players who didn't want to get vaccinated did because of the rules and pressure.  It isn't just the players, but the organizational staff.  The policies being right or wrong is not the point.  The point is that a lot of people made sacrifices for the league and giving Rodgers the elitism treatment does not show this situation the respect it deserves based on all the compromises everyone else made.  

5 hours ago, drew39k said:

Rodgers will get the fine and the Packers will be eating a fine and loss of picks. 

The more interesting portion of this, though, is will Rodgers actually follow the protocols following this? Or will he continue to be a clown.

He is smart enough to to follow the protocols in the future.  At the same time, he will undoubtedly find other ways to be a clown.  He feels he's so good that he has a right to that.

The universe will tend to this issue organically. From a football perspective, it matters not what the league does. Rather, we will see the Bucs, Rams, Saints, and Cowboys (or some collection thereof) win this week and the next while Aaron sits at home.

One or more of those teams will likely finish 1-2 games better than Green Bay enroute to HFA and a Super Bowl berth.

I'm sure it is not lost on the vaccinated, health-nut Tom Brady that his availability is paramount to his team's success.