Week 9 General Discussion Thread

NYRaider

1 minute ago, Forge said:

The media has been on him for most of the year (especially Grant Cohn). Kyle is so damn burnt out its crazy. You can see it. When you hear him give his pressers, it's not pretty. He's at the end of his rope. I think he's fried. Honestly, I think the QB debacle this offseason and trading up to #3 was insanely trying for him too. 

In the end, it really just won't matter. His contract extension hasn't even kicked in yet. His original deal had no offset language, can't imagine that they added it in the extension given that he was coming off a super bowl run. York is one of the poorest owners in sports. I doubt that he's going to pay Kyle nearly 10 million a season through 2025 to coach somewhere else. Even if he did, you know he then likely has to cheapskate the next hire, so if you're the niners, who are you getting in that type of price range that is going to make the fanbase happy? The new staff has a QB they didn't draft, no first round picks for two years....it's just not going to happen. If after 23 this team still sucks, there are no excuses. You've given him the chance with his QB (2 of them, kind of), the new staff has a first round pick, etc. 

I haven't followed the team's dynamics. You think trading for Lance was more of a Lynch or Shanahan move?  Both equally for it? I think Jimmy should've started this year regardless but the Colts game Kyle game-planned as if he really wants Jimmy to shine

Just now, Dodo said:

I haven't followed the team's dynamics. You think trading for Lance was more of a Lynch or Shanahan move?  Both equally for it? I think Jimmy should've started this year regardless but the Colts game Kyle game-planned as if he really wants Jimmy to shine

Lynch has no power here. He works for Kyle.