Raiders CB Damon Arnette sued over hit-and-run crash; Released (Page 2)

RaidersAreOne

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

@Frankie2Gunz @ronjon1990 @Jeremy408 @Dessie are my favorite posters. We all disagree but at the end of the day everyone just wants to see the team succeed. 

We don't agree on much but I can tell you bleed silver and black.  We may have different points of view on certain things but I know we both want the same thing and that is for the Raiders to return to glory and to hoist the Lombardi trophy.  

Winning is all I have ever wanted.  The level of incompetence from our owner and front office has been so bad, for so many years,  it has turned me into the salty fan that I have become.

When I call players bums I want them to prove me wrong in the worst way and make me eat my words.  I want them to show me that I am clueless by going out on the field dominating but sadly I am usually spot on with my assessments.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah I don't understand why Arnette was appealing to the front office. He was a 24 year old CB with below average measurable's and character concerns. But it was a trickle down effect because the teams original plan was to sign Byron Jones but the Dolphins offered more guaranteed money so we signed Corey Littleton instead. 

Because the FO is stuck in a bygone era. They liked him because he was tough, like and old school Raider. The dumbest cliché imaginable. 

Abram, Jacobs, Leatherwood.... same crap. Buying high on guys who are tough and "look like a Raider". I don't know how many times Gruden/Mayock said something to that effect.

30 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

You have to give him his dues on the stadium deal though, that must be about the best stadium deal in the NFL and should set the team up for the future. He did an amazing job there IMO both from a business and football sense.

It's a beautiful stadium but I am not a fan of Vegas.  If you put 20 something year old millionaires in the city of sin bad things will happen.  

I am not making an excuse for the Ruggs situation but if we were still in Oakland he very well may be lining up at WR next week and that woman certainly would still be alive.  

Hopefully this is the last time something like this happens to this organization.

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

It's a beautiful stadium but I am not a fan of Vegas.  If you put 20 something year old millionaires in the city of sin bad things will happen.  

I am not making an excuse for the Ruggs situation but if we were still in Oakland he very well may be lining up at WR next week and that woman certainly would still be alive.  

Hopefully this is the last time something like this happens to this organization.

You may have a point but I disagree with regards Ruggs. He made so many bad decisions one after another and extreme decisions that it is simply not a one time thing or isolated incident in my experience, he's done similar before almost certainly and been lucky and gotten away with it, this time it caught up and cost an innocent lady her life. It was only a matter of time before he was caught out and something tragic happened.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

You may have a point but I disagree with regards Ruggs. He made so many bad decisions one after another and extreme decisions that it is simply not a one time thing or isolated incident in my experience, he's done similar before almost certainly and been lucky and gotten away with it, this time it caught up and cost an innocent lady her life. It was only a matter of time before he was caught out and something tragic happened.

I'm not sure what you're referring to? What other bad decisions has he made?

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

And you're just discussing the draft picks. We were paying Mariota, Brown, and Williams like $45M to stand on the sideline last season.

Precisely. 

He's not some super savvy draft guru, obviously. 

He's not a particularly savvy business guy either. 

He makes horrendous justifications of objectively bad picks (again, even if we say he had no hand in 1st rounders, he still gets up there and defends the pick in a way that's both over the top and lacking in any foresight). 

He both says too much ("We talked with Damon and his dad [seriously, his daddy? What tf is he? 12 years old? That's Mr. "Pro Ready"?], "We found the risk acceptable after doing more homework on Arnette than anybody we've done in the years I've been here.") and not enough (via constantly defending the picks we make with limp **** excuses). 

What value, honestly, does he bring? Dude was Gruden's cuck. And not even a smart one. 

I hope we send him packing and just move on. He brings nothing to the table and, as with Ruggs/Gruden/Arnette, the more that comes out about Mayock, the less defendable he becomes. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Well, that night was a littany of bad decisions one after another. Out late partying in season, having a loaded gun in his car, deciding to drive drunk then deciding not only did he need to drive whilst drunk but he had to go 150+ mph to top it off.

From my experience, if he'd just been drunk driving and hit someone it could be a one off but I'm sure he's done similar before with just how many reckless decisions he piled up together and has just been lucky in the past. There is a pattern of behaviour there is what I'm saying and likely he would have ended up doing something similar in Oakland or Los Angeles or Miami or wherever. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I think what he's saying is that the likelihood that this was the first and only time Ruggs partied it up, drove like a maniac after drinking enough to put down a horse, rolling around like a gangsta with a loaded weapon, and driving not only like a maniac, but to the tune of 156 mph in residential areas (or anywhere other than a race track, for that matter) is about zero. 

People drive after too many drinks all of the time. But very few go that extreme with it, ever. Someone doing so, that's something that people who do do it often do repeatedly. I know a few speed freaks that have done that, and they do it more than a time or two because they like showing off and the ego trip. It's just not a normal thing and not something people merely dabble in. 

It's certainly possible it was the first and only time. But I tend to agree with @Darbsk if that's his point. He's probably been doing that kind of nonsense for a while and it caught up to him. It's just not something that normal people do, ever. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I think what he's saying is that the likelihood that this was the first and only time Ruggs partied it up, drove like a maniac after drinking enough to put down a horse, rolling around like a gangsta with a loaded weapon, and driving not only like a maniac, but to the tune of 156 mph in residential areas (or anywhere other than a race track, for that matter) is about zero. 

People drive after too many drinks all of the time. But very few go that extreme with it, ever. Someone doing so, that's something that people who do do it often do repeatedly. I know a few speed freaks that have done that, and they do it more than a time or two because they like showing off and the ego trip. It's just not a normal thing and not something people merely dabble in. 

It's certainly possible it was the first and only time. But I tend to agree with @Darbsk if that's his point. He's probably been doing that kind of nonsense for a while and it caught up to him. It's just not something that normal people do, ever. 

Exactly, you explained it better than I did 😁👍

48 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah I don't understand why Arnette was appealing to the front office. He was a 24 year old CB with below average measurable's and character concerns. But it was a trickle down effect because the teams original plan was to sign Byron Jones but the Dolphins offered more guaranteed money so we signed Corey Littleton instead. 

16 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Precisely. 

He's not some super savvy draft guru, obviously. 

He's not a particularly savvy business guy either. 

He makes horrendous justifications of objectively bad picks (again, even if we say he had no hand in 1st rounders, he still gets up there and defends the pick in a way that's both over the top and lacking in any foresight). 

He both says too much ("We talked with Damon and his dad [seriously, his daddy? What tf is he? 12 years old? That's Mr. "Pro Ready"?], "We found the risk acceptable after doing more homework on Arnette than anybody we've done in the years I've been here.") and not enough (via constantly defending the picks we make with limp **** excuses). 

What value, honestly, does he bring? Dude was Gruden's cuck. And not even a smart one. 

I hope we send him packing and just move on. He brings nothing to the table and, as with Ruggs/Gruden/Arnette, the more that comes out about Mayock, the less defendable he becomes. 

I thing overall the pick is that you can't say that you're trying to get high character guys and then get a guy with character questions in the first round and justify it. There's like no way around that. 

The only thing I can think of is the fact that maybe Gruden made him do it

56 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I thought he was referring to about a specific incident in Ruggs past that I was not aware of. 

I agree that this was not his first time acting like a fool.  Completely hammered, driving like a maniac through a residential neighborhood while having a loaded gun in his car.... Highly unlikely that was his first time. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I thought he was referring to about a specific incident in Ruggs past that I was not aware of. 

I agree that this was not his first time acting like a fool.  Completely hammered, driving like a maniac through a residential neighborhood while having a loaded gun in his car.... Highly unlikely that was his first time. 

There’s video of him in that same car hot doggin in a residential area with the gf recording it all. surprised she wasn’t recording that crazy night too