Raiders CB Damon Arnette sued over hit-and-run crash; Released (Page 2)

RaidersAreOne

Imagine being Mark Davis. You move your franchise to Vegas. Year 1, you can't have any fans in your stadium. 

Year 2, the face of your franchise resigns in disgrace. You have a player responsible for the death of a young girl. A player brandishing firearms threatening to "real deal" kill some one. 

How much more embarassing can things get for him? Has their ever been an NFL season like this for a team? He has to be emotionally exhausted from all of this. 

Side note... give these poor beat writers a raise. Can you imagine covering this ****show?

• Like 2

I’m having a hard time blaming Mayock for this. He doesn’t seem like the kind of guy to take a player with these issues. Reading between the lines they felt he’d have been a good fit for the scheme (guenthers). Mayock is a pretty savvy guy and I think that he’ll scout players early on and present reports to the coaches and they choose the players. 

It also seems like he has more control now and he’s making moves to rectify the problems Gruden created. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chali21 said:

I’m having a hard time blaming Mayock for this. He doesn’t seem like the kind of guy to take a player with these issues. Reading between the lines they felt he’d have been a good fit for the scheme (guenthers). Mayock is a pretty savvy guy and I think that he’ll scout players early on and present reports to the coaches and they choose the players. 

It also seems like he has more control now and he’s making moves to rectify the problems Gruden created. 

Everyone who covers the team said Arnette was his guy. He loved him and Mayock admitted as much. 

16 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Taking a flier on a red flag player in round 1 is strike one. Doing it on a player with without the athetlic testing and length for the position, strike 2. When you realize the player is 24 and still has red flags, thus probably not outgrowing them, that should have been strike 3.

Mayock has a lot of egg on his face with this one. I appreciate that he owned it, but I'm not letting you stay on to screw anything else up.

How does a talent evaluator balance what they see in film and mix it with the athletic testing between Arnette and Ferrell great on film but don’t project in the NFL up till now 

1 minute ago, SimonGruber said:

How does a talent evaluator balance what they see in film and mix it with the athletic testing between Arnette and Ferrell great on film but don’t project in the NFL up till now 

Cle wasn’t great on film 

net iirc wasn’t really tested until the Clem game same with Jeff 

🚩for me net 1) injured 2) character issues 3) long speed other than that he was ok

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Cle wasn’t great on film 

net iirc wasn’t really tested until the Clem game same with Jeff 

🚩for me net 1) injured 2) character issues 3) long speed other than that he was ok

Man Mayock said he was Cle on film he said he reminded him of Chris Long. I can’t find the clip tho lol 

24 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Imagine being Mark Davis. You move your franchise to Vegas. Year 1, you can't have any fans in your stadium. 

Year 2, the face of your franchise resigns in disgrace. You have a player responsible for the death of a young girl. A player brandishing firearms threatening to "real deal" kill some one. 

How much more embarassing can things get for him? Has their ever been an NFL season like this for a team? He has to be emotionally exhausted from all of this. 

Side note... give these poor beat writers a raise. Can you imagine covering this ****show?

I like Davis for the most part. I really wish he got infront of the media when the Gruden/Ruggs stuff came out, also wish he didn't have such a dumb head. But overall I like him.

However he NEEDS to get a freaking football leader in the building. Not an ego-maniac HC. Not a TV personality for GM. But a legitimate, high-end football mind to help build our FO, coaching staff and roster.

Hand the keys over to someone capable.

5aa22d7456db5.image.jpg?resize=800,561

You all knew I couldn't resit my favorite picture when it comes to the Raiders.  I hated this pick from day one and bashed it every day.  The guy is a flat out bum and embarrassment.  Some of you were sticking up for the guy which blew my mind.  Another first round pick wasted, hence my favorite picture....

31 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It will make for one helluva episode of America's Game! ;) 

j/k