Raiders CB Damon Arnette sued over hit-and-run crash; Released (Page 2)

RaidersAreOne

26 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Man Mayock said he was Cle on film he said he reminded him of Chris Long. I can’t find the clip tho lol 

Oh I believe you. Mike is a has about as much credibility as a greasy used car salesman. Especially in regards to his draft picks. We all see through him. 

21 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I like Davis for the most part. I really wish he got infront of the media when the Gruden/Ruggs stuff came out, also wish he didn't have such a dumb head. But overall I like him.

However he NEEDS to get a freaking football leader in the building. Not an ego-maniac HC. Not a TV personality for GM. But a legitimate, high-end football mind to help build our FO, coaching staff and roster.

Hand the keys over to someone capable.

I think Davis means well. He represents the old guard in the NFL. He's simply not a leader and does not have much business sense. His lack of leadership has come through in all of this. 

I agree with you completely. He needs to get the right leadership in this building top to bottom. Vegas is going to be a problem for some kids, it just is. He needs people to set the expectations and build with the right foundation.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Imagine being Mark Davis. You move your franchise to Vegas. Year 1, you can't have any fans in your stadium. 

Year 2, the face of your franchise resigns in disgrace. You have a player responsible for the death of a young girl. A player brandishing firearms threatening to "real deal" kill some one. 

How much more embarassing can things get for him? Has their ever been an NFL season like this for a team? He has to be emotionally exhausted from all of this. 

Side note... give these poor beat writers a raise. Can you imagine covering this ****show?

Mark's bright idea was to give Gruden full control of the franchise. 

12 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I hope he never plays again, tbh.

To go driving around waving a gun and threatening to take a life the same week your moronic teammate actually took someone's life is next level retarded.

Dude has like 5 concussions and can't tackle, I don't think he'll be playing for very much longer. Of all the terrible picks that we've made, Arnette is definitely the worst. Dude was a major reach that lacked any physical upside and doesn't care about football. Just mind boggling that Mayock really said that they recognized he needed guidance so they drafted him in the 1st round to help be the ones to get him on the right track. Like, ughhh, what...

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

It's exhausting being a Raiders fan.

It definitely is but typically we're just losing games and bickering amongst each other about little, petty things like if Zay Jones is a starter or if Carr is a franchise QB. This season has been absolutely insane. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

5aa22d7456db5.image.jpg?resize=800,561

You all knew I couldn't resit my favorite picture when it comes to the Raiders.  I hated this pick from day one and bashed it every day.  The guy is a flat out bum and embarrassment.  Some of you were sticking up for the guy which blew my mind.  Another first round pick wasted, hence my favorite picture....

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Dude has like 5 concussions and can't tackle, I don't think he'll be playing for very much longer. Of all the terrible picks that we've made, Arnette is definitely the worst. Dude was a major reach that lacked any physical upside and doesn't care about football. Just mind boggling that Mayock really said that they recognized he needed guidance so they drafted him in the 1st round to help be the ones to get him on the right track. Like, ughhh, what...

Mayock shouldn't be retained. 

I mean, ok, let's all day he had zilch to do with round 1. What has he gotten us, really? Muse and Bowden were horrid picks, Amik might stick around only because we legit have nobody behind Mullen, Hayward who is getting old, Hobbs, Facyson.... actually, Amik probably won't stick lol. 

Moreau goes unused, Johnson is gone, Crosby....again, thankfully he turned his life around, but he had huge character concerns. I'm all for giving guys a shot, but at some point you have to realize the Raiders aren't a charity and question the wisdom behind picks. 

So for 2019, he got us Moreau and Renfrow as solid guys without character flags. 

2020....he got us Edwards and Simpson. The rest suck or got cut with character concerns. 

This year, Moehrig, though he was a clear cut pick a blind person would've taken. Koonce, a deep reserve. Deablo and Gillespie, deep reserves. And Hobbs. 

So even if we take our first round whiffs out of the equation, what has Mayock really accomplished that seems sane and logical? And does it outweigh the possibility that he had more of a hand in the first rounders than we care to admit? I don't think so. I think he has very little clue what he's actually doing and managed to successfully be a stopped clock that was right twice a day a couple of times amid a lot of very very bad decisions. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Mayock shouldn't be retained. 

I mean, ok, let's all day he had zilch to do with round 1. What has he gotten us, really? Muse and Bowden were horrid picks, Amik might stick around only because we legit have nobody behind Mullen, Hayward who is getting old, Hobbs, Facyson.... actually, Amik probably won't stick lol. 

Moreau goes unused, Johnson is gone, Crosby....again, thankfully he turned his life around, but he had huge character concerns. I'm all for giving guys a shot, but at some point you have to realize the Raiders aren't a charity and question the wisdom behind picks. 

So for 2019, he got us Moreau and Renfrow as solid guys without character flags. 

2020....he got us Edwards and Simpson. The rest suck or got cut with character concerns. 

This year, Moehrig, though he was a clear cut pick a blind person would've taken. Koonce, a deep reserve. Deablo and Gillespie, deep reserves. And Hobbs. 

So even if we take our first round whiffs out of the equation, what has Mayock really accomplished that seems sane and logical? And does it outweigh the possibility that he had more of a hand in the first rounders than we care to admit? I don't think so. I think he has very little clue what he's actually doing and managed to successfully be a stopped clock that was right twice a day a couple of times amid a lot of very very bad decisions. 

And you're just discussing the draft picks. We were paying Mariota, Brown, and Williams like $45M to stand on the sideline last season.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Lol I don't recall saying that but clearly I needed to do more research on him. 

That may have been the only optimistic post I ever posted in regards to Arnette.  

I assure you that once I watched a bit more on him I knew he was a bum and have multiple years of posts backing that up!