Raiders CB Damon Arnette sued over hit-and-run crash; Released (Page 2)

RaidersAreOne

Of all the bad first round picks over the last twenty years, Arnette is probably the worst for me in terms of decision making and how it ultimately panned out, excluding too much hindsight. Obviously there are picks like JaMarcus, but even for him, there was some justification for that decision making. Arnette was just brutal at every level. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

That is legitimately the worst draft class in history. 

With the most boneheaded quote t go with it:

“Three picks in the third is just like stealing,” said Mayock over a conference call Tuesday. “If we’re doing our jobs the right way, hopefully that’s three more starters.

Had character concerns when they drafted him. Very immature guy, and has a couple screws loose if you listen to him. When Cris Carter is personally rooting you on, odds are they aren’t a good person. Cris Carter is like the advocate for all the trouble makers in the NFL. I’ll never forget his “make sure you have a fall guy” speech. Carter is a clown. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Had character concerns when they drafted him. Very immature guy, and has a couple screws loose if you listen to him. When Cris Carter is personally rooting you on, odds are they aren’t a good person. Cris Carter is like the advocate for all the trouble makers in the NFL. I’ll never forget his “make sure you have a fall guy” speech. Carter is a clown. 

Taking a flier on a red flag player in round 1 is strike one. Doing it on a player with without the athetlic testing and length for the position, strike 2. When you realize the player is 24 and still has red flags, thus probably not outgrowing them, that should have been strike 3.

Mayock has a lot of egg on his face with this one. I appreciate that he owned it, but I'm not letting you stay on to screw anything else up.

18 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I also think this puts the nail in the Mayock returning as GM coffin. We simply have to clean house now.

See, I would prefer a draft where Gruden isn't in the picture. I'm just not too sure how much input he had on those drafts. If he goes though, I get it.