Post Game Thoughts- Ravens.

cconocool

17 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

Did Zimmer call a timeout near the end of the first half for no reason? Like, before the field goal? Anyway, no surprise they lost. At least it was entertaining.

I thought that was the drive Udoh got hurt so it was an injury timeout.

We ran 4 plays for -1 yards and burned :16 seconds of clock. IMO that would've been the time to run again on 2nd or 3rd down to let the clock run or force the Ravens to use one of their TO's. The game within the game. Jackson and the Ravens end up going down the field for a TD before the half. 

This staff continues to be clueless at the end of each half.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, VikeManDan said:

I thought that was the drive Udoh got hurt so it was an injury timeout.

We ran 4 plays for -1 yards and burned :16 seconds of clock. IMO that would've been the time to run again on 2nd or 3rd down to let the clock run or force the Ravens to use one of their TO's. The game within the game. Jackson and the Ravens end up going down the field for a TD before the half. 

This staff continues to be clueless at the end of each half.

Thanks. 

For weeks, people told me to shut up and that I didn't watch games, so I knew nothing about this team....where are all those people the last two weeks?

One thing I thought throughout the game was that Lamar does not look like a very good passer and we got bailed out multiple times because he was so inaccurate. If we were going up against someone with decent accuracy, it wouldn't have been pretty. I don't watch the ravens often so I don't know if that was typical or not. I think our secondary gets massacred the next couple weeks. Disappointing loss, but maybe better for longterm success... I kinda hope the rest of the games turn out the same, entertaining game that ends in a loss (except against the packers). I don't want to lose per se, but the Wilfs would likely make necessary changes with a terrible record whereas they might not make changes with a 7 to 9 win season. There have been so many close games that they might be convinced that it was just bad luck and to try again with the same coaches next year. I like Zimmer, but I think it's time for a change. I like Rick and I think we should keep him. I just don't think that we'd get somebody as good (or better) than him. In my mind, he's been 1 of the best gms in the league. Sure, he's made some mistakes but I can see the logic behind the choices and sometimes things just don't go like you think they should. Overall though, he's done well.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sparkyjoe1 said:

One thing I thought throughout the game was that Lamar does not look like a very good passer and we got bailed out multiple times because he was so inaccurate. If we were going up against someone with decent accuracy, it wouldn't have been pretty. I don't watch the ravens often so I don't know if that was typical or not. I think our secondary gets massacred the next couple weeks. Disappointing loss, but maybe better for longterm success... I kinda hope the rest of the games turn out the same, entertaining game that ends in a loss (except against the packers). I don't want to lose per se, but the Wilfs would likely make necessary changes with a terrible record whereas they might not make changes with a 7 to 9 win season. There have been so many close games that they might be convinced that it was just bad luck and to try again with the same coaches next year. I like Zimmer, but I think it's time for a change. I like Rick and I think we should keep him. I just don't think that we'd get somebody as good (or better) than him. In my mind, he's been 1 of the best gms in the league. Sure, he's made some mistakes but I can see the logic behind the choices and sometimes things just don't go like you think they should. Overall though, he's done well.

There aren’t any comparisons for Jackson. He’s so unique in how he plays that if they didn’t have to worry about a QB running for 100 yards, I’m sure the defense would have been in better position. Jackson creates those opportunities that most others can’t. 

3 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Disagree on the first part, agree on the second.

I was just curious if that's what they were saying. They could have also changed the meaning...

That's as far as I'll go with this.

Shouldn't have gone that far. Shouldn't have been brought up, period. 

• Like 1

On the positive side how about that Kenny Willekes.  Dude freaking walked back Phillips and Villanueva on passing plays at times, super impressive when he did that to Villanueva, really got under him and just drove him back.  Loved the effort and pressure he provided on the edge, outstanding game by him in what his first real consistent playing time in his career.

Cam Bynum also played great I thought, made a lot of tough tackles and got that amazing INT.  Very solid game by him in his first game as a safety, never played it in college and not sure he even played it in the All Star games coming up to the draft.  Showed good range and toughness tackling in his first real playing time this year as well.

Mason Cole was not bad at center either, did not really miss Bradbury a ton and Cole looked good I thought so that was nice to see.

Also Bateman looked great for the Ravens so nice to see him doing so well, dude looks legit and has some great hands that is for sure.  Richardson played his best game at DT easily, not sure where this has been but good to actually get some production out of him, Tomlinson on the other hand still kind of is disappointing to be honest, I thought he would provide more impact as a pass rusher and be more strong at the point of attack, not sure that has happened much with him.  

A negative is pretty nuts Anthony Barr has zero tackles in that football game though, how is that even possible.  Either he literally did not go find the football or they were avoiding him and running away from him, not sure which.  Amazing pick in overtime no question but makes some more tackles maybe would help.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Would it be so bad if they were rooting for Brandon Stephens? He seems like a promising rookie

They have Brandon Williams too, who is very good.

Its not far fetched that they would use the phrase for that reason, thus keeping it to football and not about politics.

Edited by SteelKing728

On 11/7/2021 at 4:52 PM, Heimdallr said:

I don't agree at all that Rick should be fired. I think the FO has done a great job of bringing in talent. I'd give Rick a run with the next HC, and if that doesn't pan out then clean house. 

I totally agree. Slick Rick has done a nice job, and this year's draft class I think helps him keep his job