Week 10 GDT: Saints @ Titans

TitanLegend

8 minutes ago, TJM217 said:

After this game I need to eat some crow on the Monty Rice pick. I was totally wrong and hated it at the time. He has been great as a rook and played great today. Happy to admit I was wrong. 

i was just coming in here to say it looks like he’s getting his sea legs under him. flashed a few times today. unless we can get jayon for cheap i’d say let evans and brown both walk in the offseason.

• Like 1

I didn't like that we pretty much went into a shell offensively in the 2nd half. Two run-run-pass punt series in a row. Downing seemed to forget about PA for a lot of the game once again.

The first half I liked how he tried to spread the Saints out and give them looks they didn't likely expect.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Buck Reising on A to Z sports said, "Bud Dupree is going to miss some time" Didn't say how he knows this, but worth noting.

Damn, that sucks. Would love to have a strong group going into NE. I really want to win that game. To win these next two and go into the bye would be absolutely optimal.

Edited by twotonebluenation

I'm worried all these injuries are seriously going to catch up to us at some point. The fact that we're winning now with the number of injuries we have is incredible. I just don't think we can keep doing it. for every 1 player we get back from injury we seem to lose 2 for some time. I love the next man up mentality but at some point we are going to run out of players to fill in.  

39 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

I'm worried all these injuries are seriously going to catch up to us at some point. The fact that we're winning now with the number of injuries we have is incredible. I just don't think we can keep doing it. for every 1 player we get back from injury we seem to lose 2 for some time. I love the next man up mentality but at some point we are going to run out of players to fill in.  

I think it's OK for the time being. We have been losing a player but getting one back. Jayon, Julio, Long, Fulton, Dupree, Lewan, and others have been cycling in and out. I think we actually have decent depth unlike last year to hold our own against teams. 

If we can't get mostly healthy in time for the playoffs it may be hard to sustain a run that can make us a contender. 

We need our O line to be healthy. That is the heart of the team. If they can stay healthy we can sustain. 

Our injuries suck but outside of Henry, we really have not lost anyone badly and long term. 

The good thing is we have managed to win and put ourselves in position to have a lead heading into our bye and the easiest part of our schedule. 

I think it will take some luck with injuries and not losing anyone long term, but we have a chance to get healthy because of our record and placement. A playoff bye could do wonders for this team.