Week 10 GDT: Saints @ Titans

TitanLegend

15 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

To be targeted on a third of your snaps has to suggest the Saints saw something they liked and thought they could beat with Chris Jackson before the game even started. Weird considering he had played well prior to this week. It felt like a lot of them were on third down, which would make sense if he was only playing in dime.

Edited by TitanSS

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm not looking for respect or praise. 
But wow, how can you not be a real "8-2" after beating every "BEST TEAM" in the league week after week.

I’ve come to the conclusion we won’t get the respect or praise we deserve unless we win it all.

We don’t have the young star QB for the media to leech on. Without Henry we don’t have that “face of the team” for them to gravitate to. And for the most part, we don’t get style points with how we win. People are going to continue to hop on the next “hot” AFC team as the team to beat (went from the Chargers, to the Bills, to the Ravens, now to the Patriots and soon it’ll be back to the Chiefs) until the season is over.

It’s frustrating as a fan but it is what it is. Just keep winning to the point they have no choice but to give us the credit and praise we deserve.

• Like 1

We could be undefeated and they still wouldn’t respect us.. I stopped listening to the media awhile ago. If it isn’t the cowboys or chiefs it’s not a conversation. We don’t win the way the media likes. A win is a win.

He said if the 8-2 was on the chiefs he would be a believer like we just didn’t beat them.

8 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I’ve come to the conclusion we won’t get the respect or praise we deserve unless we win it all.

We don’t have the young star QB for the media to leech on. Without Henry we don’t have that “face of the team” for them to gravitate to. And for the most part, we don’t get style points with how we win. People are going to continue to hop on the next “hot” AFC team as the team to beat (went from the Chargers, to the Bills, to the Ravens, now to the Patriots and soon it’ll be back to the Chiefs) until the season is over.

It’s frustrating as a fan but it is what it is. Just keep winning to the point they have no choice but to give us the credit and praise we deserve.

Totally. No one has any reason or need to respect us to the point where they think we will actually make noise in the playoffs. We have to prove it.

I mean, tbh from the outside looking in, why would you believe in us? We lost our best player. Tannehills playoff numbers are not exactly world beating. And he has held his own this year but he isn’t the guy where we can put the load on his back. We know that, look at his numbers this year.

Our defense is playing well, but how long has our defense sustained this? I mean the Colts and Bills put up 31 on us just 3 and 5 weeks ago.

If we want respect, it’s time to earn it when it counts most. No one cares, 5 game win streaks in November against good teams has literally never guaranteed a super bowl. I don’t need mainstream media respect. I need a playoff run that results in a trophy.

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

And I've learned to be cool about it. I don't expect media to be on us and frankly, I don't want them to, if I'm honest. 

Just find stupid takes like his amusing. 

I do find it annoying for these people to get paid millions. lol

• Like 1

You know, I’m not really bugged by media saying that we aren’t for real, and that Tannehill actually isn’t good, but then when I watch the same show saying we aren’t for real, followed by them talking about the Patriots who are a great football team and Mac Jones is for real. Man that pisses me off. 

4 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yea Saffold is declining big time.

IMO you can add this post with the one earlier talking about how we went into a shell offensively in the second half as two parts of the same notion.  I believe with the lead our coaches with out King or Julio felt that it was best to play conservative to try and RUN clock, prevent any sacks/turn overs and trust the D can hold up long enough to win the game. It would have worked perfectly too if not for those two big plays/ questionable calls late that lead to that almost game tying TD, but the D in deed hold and the O did "just enough" in the second half to win. 

Another interesting stat.  With out Julio, Rogers and Ikhine saw almost zero increase in snaps.  But Johnson saw his snap count increase from 5% to 63% leap frogging the other two. Johnson also lead the team with 6 targets, Swaim 5 and AJ got 4.    Not that I noticed but Fitz got 13 snaps in the game and the same number of targets 1 as Rogers and Ikhine.  

On a side note OUR D had to be gassed that game...  it was crazy how many snaps our Key players in the front 7 got...

Simmons 85%  Autry 79% Brown 100% Landry 85%  Rice 69% ola 45%  (who got hurt)

Besides Simmons and Autry other DL played 34% , 31% and 10%  of the snaps...   so they were hardly on the field.