Second Quarter Mock 2022

Madmike90

FO & Coaching Changes…

Bears Hire Buffalo Bills OC Brian Daboll as Head Coach

There is no doubt in my mind that Nagy is on the verge of losing this locker room if he hasn’t already…his offence is broken and he rolls out the same old cliqued answers regarding how we are going to make things better and then never follows up…I can only imagine that the senior players on this squad are done with his excuses and being beaten by any team with even a bit of talent about them…we need change and we need it as quickly as possible…we also need someone who can properly coach Justin Fields because let’s be honest he is our franchise…enter Brian Daboll who has taken a QB in Josh Allen who was as raw as they come in Buffalo and turned him into a superstar…Fields isn’t as raw as Allen was but they share a lot of the same flaws in the form of holding the ball a little too long while processing & not having the quickest of releases…Daboll has done an excellent job of not only improving some of those weaknesses but also hiding them and brining out his strengths…another thing specific to Daboll is he already will have a head start on fixing some of the poor coaching Fields has had this seasons from Nagy and the rest of the Bears current staff given that he has spent a season working with Mitch Trubisky and will know where some of the real issues lie…Daboll has also created a versatile and balanced scheme that can attack a defence in multiple different ways and most importantly win on 3rd down and put up points in a hurry…the biggest thing I read about Daboll is how his players love him and returns that by respecting & trusting them as not only players but as people too…Daboll IMO has to be our #1 target this offseason and we should do anything we can in order to secure him as our HC…which I suspect might include allowing him to bring his own choice of GM…speaking of which…

Bears Hire Buffalo Assistant GM Joe Schoen as GM

As I said above I feel to secure Daboll we may have to give him his own guy in the front office…Daboll is very quick to mention how good a job the Bills front office have done in securing the players he needs to run his scheme in Buffalo…specifically calling out the job that both GM Brandon Beane and assistant GM Joe Schoen…these guys have drafted talents like Josh Allen…Devin Singletary, Zach Moss, Gabriel Davis & Dawson Knox…signed Cole Beasley and Emmanuel Sanders and pulled off a trade for Stefon Diggs as well as building a tough OL since arriving in Buffalo 4 years ago…they know what Daboll needs to be successful…having that closeness between GM & HC will always be a positive for any franchise…don’t think this is just a buddy thing though…Schoen has worked his way up to his position and been successful in his own right…going from an area scout under Beane in Carolina to a national scout for the Dolphins and on to being an assistant GM for the Bills…he has already interviewed for the GM job in Carolina and been linked to top jobs in both Washington & Jacksonville so is clearly viewed highly around the league…Beane himself has stated how important he has been to Buffalo’s success with a number of players and that his work ethic is 2nd to none…I think these two together would change the culture here in Chicago and Schoen knows all about what’s went wrong in the past as a Bears fan himself…Dan Morgan would also be another excellent candidate that Daboll has history with.

Bears Hire Steelers OL Coach Adrian Klemm as Assistant HC/OL

Daboll will of course be the most important hire for us this offseason but right behind him should be getting a quality offensive line coach in the building as well…Klemm was an offensive linemen for the Pats in the early 00s when Daboll was on staff and more importantly Dante Scarnecchia who was one of the best offensive line coaches in NFL history…Klemm has spoken of the hugely positive impact that Dante had on him and how much of his teaching he now passes on to the linemen under him…Klemm has overseen the complete rebuild of the Steelers’ OL this year with only one starter from last season returning and two rookies starting at the key positions of left tackle and centre…that OL is improving as the season goes on and if it continues they will be one of the better young lines in football…Klemm also comes with the added benefits of having served as an associate head coach in the college ranks at UCLA…things ended badly there due to him supporting the living costs of two of his players who were struggling…it’s wrong but at the same time I can’t blame a coach for protecting his players…Klemm would help set the tone for the offence up front and help us build a physical OL.

Bears Hire Bills Assistant QB Coach Shea Tierney as OC

Sometimes you got have to take a risk on talent rather than experience…Daboll will be the main guy when it comes to scheme, install & play calling meaning our OC will have a huge hand in working as a teach with all positions but especially Justin Fields…Tierney is not a well-known name as an assistant QB coach but speak to Josh Allen and he will tell you that the most underpaid guy on that football team is Tierney who has had a massive impact on Allen since he arrived…no one is closer to him within the building on a day to day basis and Tierney has not only seen the progression first hand but played a big part in it….I would love it if we could just bring him in as a QB coach but the likelihood is that Ken Dorsey is promoted to OC in Buffalo meaning Tierney could move to QB coach and stay there with Allen…by sweetening the deal and making him OC here we get a guy who I think in 3 or 4 years’ time could be a HC candidate in his own right.

Bears Hire Patriots Senior Advisor Matt Patricia as DC

The Bears defence have had a rough ride this year given our offence has done nothing to help them out…even when they have a multiple turnover game we win by 3 points…that said I think Desai is out of his depth as a DC right now with some blown coverages & allowing teams to run all over us in the past few weeks…he just makes some really strange calls at times and doesn’t seem to understand situational football at a high enough level to be a DC right now…Daboll and Patricia have a clear link from New England…some will think this is a bad move because it’s more NE stink and Patricia was a really poor HC in Detroit however no one can question his resume as a DC…Patricia was the only guy I can remember Belichick given any kind of real control to…he would bring a 3-4 D and with the talent we still have on that side of the ball would make it work…allowing him to only focus on defence would allow him to be at his best. 

Bears Hire former Giants HC Joe Judge as STC

This one is clearly a projection but I think the Giants will also be looking for a new HC soon enough…Judge is an outstanding ST coach but just doesn’t have it as a HC…getting him here would be another ex-HC who could show Daboll what not to do as an HC but also give us more experience on staff and will also give us one of the better STs in the NFL.

Resign…

RB…Damien Williams

TE…Jesper Horsted

WR…Marquise Goodwin

WR…Jakeem Grant

OT…Elijah Wilkinson

C…Sam Mustipher

DT…Bilal Nichols

ILB…Alec Ogletree

CB…Artie Burns

S…Deon Bush

S…DeAndre Houston-Carson

LS…Patrick Scales

Williams has looked good since Monty went down and alongside Herbert could give us one of the best running back rooms in the NFL…Horsted is a guy who more than most should be excited about Daboll coming in…he is a unique player who could have a role carved out for him under a more creative offensive mind…Goodwin has been decent this year and still bring track speed to the backup receiver spots…Grant has had a real impact as a kick returner and should be kept…Daboll has done a lot of interesting things with Isaiah McKenzie in Buffalo and both share a similar skill set…Wilkinson has the size and physical profile of the offensive linemen I hope we are looking for…Mustipher would make a solid backup at centre but shouldn’t be a starter…Nichols is the one inhouse free agent I expect we spend some real money on…he has shown a quality floor and still clearly is an ascending player I don’t think we spend a ton but he should be making good starter money…Ogletree has been far better than expected and I reckon he would see the benefits of staying here as much as we would want him here…Burns is still an upside guy who would be nothing more than depth…hopefully an UDFA beats him out…Bush & DHC still have special teams values and understand their roles on the team…I think we need safety help but still both should be kept…Scales is still rock solid. 

Release…

WR…Allen Robinson

WR…Damiere Byrd

WR…Breshad Perriman

TE…J.P. Holtz

OT…Jason Peters

OT…Lachavious Simmons

OG…James Daniels

OG…Alex Bars

DL…Akiem Hicks

ILB…Christian Jones

ILB…Joel Iyiegbuniwe

CB…Xavier Crawford

CB…Marqui Christian

P…Pat O'Donnell

Holtz is a solid player but he is getting banged up and with Daboll here I doubt we keep 4 TEs…Robinson is asking for too much money for what he is…I think he could still be a #1 but not the $20 million one he seems to think he is…Byrd just hasn’t worked out here and we could look at different skill sets to replace him…Perriman is a non-factor…Peters not coming back is pretty tough on him because he has actually played really well but another year gone past just means more injury risk…Simmons & Bars are replacement level talents…Daniels is a guy I really like but if we are bringing in Daboll I suspect we will go with a bigger more physical OL as a whole…Daniels is a zone blocking only guy so wouldn’t fit the mould here…Hicks is another guy I love but the injuries are mounting up and with a new regime here unless he is wanting to play for next to nothing it has to be somewhere else…Jones & Iggy are again replacement level players who can be upgraded on…Crawford & Christian shouldn’t be on the roster just now let alone next year…O’Donnell is making too much for what he is when we could replace him with a rookie.

Retired…

TE…Jimmy Graham

Graham is clearly done with football and barely plays a snap for us this yet let along the idea of him playing for another full season.

Cuts…

Cuts……………………….Saving………..Dead

Nick Foles……………….$3.0……………$7.6

Tarik Cohen…………….$2.25………….$3.5

Jeremiah Attaochu….$2.85………….$0.25

Foles’ dead money sucks but that $3 million can be used towards signing some depth…Cohen IMO will never be the same player when he comes back an I was personally never that high on him to start with and given how well Monty is playing Williams is vet depth and I like what Herbert brings Cohen is now the odd man out…Attaochu is solid depth but not at that price especially with as little dead money…

These moved create $8.1 million in cap space sending $11.25 million to dead cap…that is a lot but year one of a new GM and coach should be a reset year which gets us out of some of the bad contracts sent out in the past.

Free Agency…

WR…Chris Godwin…6-1” 208lbs…Bucs…

I think this is where the money is spent for two reasons…even Ryan Pace & Matt Nagy saw that we needed receiver help when we tried to throw a ton of money at Kenny Golladay last offseason…we lacked explosive playmakers then and by letting Robinson go we get some money back to try and find a difference maker…the second reason is Daboll’s history with the #1 receiver spot…go back to his time as OC at Bama and he had Calvin Ridley getting 63 receptions...next on the team? RB Bo Scarbrough who had 17 receptions…this was a team with Jerry Jeudy (14) Henry Ruggs (12) Josh Jacobs (14) DeVonta Smith (7) Damien Harris (12) Najee Harris (6) & Irv Smith Jr (14)…further proof is the fact that Stefon Diggs was targeted 166 times in 2020…this offence clearly works best with a true #1 WR who has speed and route running ability…there are bigger and faster receivers out there but Godwin has a skill set most in line with Diggs & Ridley in terms of their ability to run all the routes…Godwin also brings physicality to the position and is more than happy to go over the middle and put himself into difficult spots…I think he could be a true #1 target on this team for Fields.

WR…Emmanuel Sanders…5-11” 180lbs…Bills…

More wideout help for the short term that could have a huge impact long term…short term Sanders has said he loves play for Daboll…he comes here as a clear cut #3/4 option…asked to be that veteran presence and leader in not only the receiver room but also the team as a whole…Sanders is a guy everyone will get behind who is still super smart and has some juice on the field…long term I can’t think of a single player in the NFL I would want to mentor Mooney…their size, speed and skill sets are very similar and if Mooney can have the longevity & production of Sanders he will be a superstar for us…this move all comes down to money and if Sanders is prepared to play for a few million then he is a no brainier.

WR…Braxton Berrios…5-9” 190lbs…Jets…

If you see a weakness be bold and fix it…Berrios would be a vet min signing but he could be another versatile receiver for a play caller who knows how to use completely different skill sets in order to win matchups…Berrios is a Cole Beasley clone…not great long speed but quick in short area and as tough as they come to keep getting hit over the middle time and time again…Berrios wouldn’t play a ton of snaps but against some defences he is the type of guy who can find a hole in zone to keep the chains moving.

OG…Andrew Norwell…6-6” 325lbs…Jags…

Norwell isn’t the same player he was 3 or 4 years ago where he was getting a huge contract to go to Jacksonville but he is still a solid player who would fit the new profile of the type of OL we want while not commanding a huge salary…on a young offensive line Norwell would bring consistent and solid play to one of the guard spots and be a nice replacement for Daniels…along with Sanders he brings a veteran presence to the offence and buy us time to develop one of these younger OL to take his place in a few years.

OG…Matt Pryor…6-6” 333lbs…Colts…

Much like I said about receiver if you spot a weakness that is holding back your young franchise QB go and fix it as quickly as possible with any resources you can…Pryor is another guy who won’t command much money at all but he has the physical size we should look for in Daboll’s scheme as well as the athletic upside and experience of playing both guard and tackle…Pryor would be the competition with the likes of Ifedi & Wilkinson for backup snaps behind Norwell and Borom on what would be a very versatile group. 

DL…B.J Hill…6-3” 315lbs…Bengals…

Letting Hicks walk means we need to go out and find a rotational piece up front to go along with Goldman, Nichols, Edwards Jr & Blackson as pass rushers…Hill is a solid player with good size who has shown he can get to the QB…he reminds me a lot of Nick Williams as a rusher from a few seasons back…it’s not a superstar group but it doesn’t need to be given out Edge players.

OLB…Ifeadi Odenigbo…6-3” 258lbs…Browns…

Our Edge players have been pretty sensational this this year…Quin has had a massive turn around since getting mentally healthy…Mack looks back to his best even with the injury…Gipson is really developing into a great rotational piece as well…which means that 4th Edge player can be a guy we take a bit of a risk with and hot to hit gold…Odenigbo was a force for the Vikings for a couple of seasons especially when he wasn’t asked to play many snaps…in 2019 he had 7 sacks and 13 QB hits…in 2020 that sack total dropped to 3.5 sacks but still had 15 QB hits…he signed with Cleveland this offseason and has barely played but he has had clear success…worth a flier on a guy who will barely play.

CB…Kyle Fuller…6-0” 190lbs…Broncos…

Who says you can never go back? Fuller has had a poor season with the Broncos which will bring his price tag down along with the fact he will be 30 years old as a free agent this offseason…that said Fuller has never relied on speed along and his knowledge of this defence and the players he would be playing with makes him an excellent stop gap for a season where the offence needs to be the key…a one or two year contract would allow us to then draft more defensive players over the next few seasons as we start the turnover on that side of the ball.

Draft…

Round 2…  

WR…Jameson Williams…6-1” 190lbs…Alabama…

We can only make this pick if we are confident that both Jenkins & Borom are back to 100% and we are able to sign a veteran lineman like Norwell…and that we have confidence in Whitehair to move to Centre…this is a lot of “ifs” but if it is the case then we should finish rebuilding the WR core…Manny Sanders won’t be around for long given his age and as we have seen from Daboll’s offences he will use multiple receivers with different skill sets…Williams isn’t a very well rounded receiver at this point but the one thing he does have is exactly what the NFL is about these days…chunk plays…Williams is explosive and can take the top off a defence at any time…him combined with Godwin as more of an underneath volume receiver and Mooney learning from Sanders would make for an excellent 4 deep and allow us to run all the plays in Daboll’s playbook early…add in that Williams has enough size and strength to develop into a more well-rounded receiver and he would be a quality 2nd round pick.

Round 3… 

OT…Abraham Lucas…6-6” 320lbs…Washington State…

Brining in Daboll means we need to building the OL in a different way…we need to be bigger, meaner and more physical…getting Jenkins back at 100% will really help that at one of the tackle spots and signing a veteran like Norwell would help him settle in on the left side of the line…with Whitehair moving to centre and Daniels now out the door we will either need to draft a new guard or a RT…here I have us moving Borom inside to guard where he could compete with Ifedi for the start with the loser backup both OG & RT…then we need to draft a starting RT…Lucas isn’t your usual Washington State finesse OT…he is a big powerful guy who is not only really athletic in pass pro but also a guy who can be moved in order to lead a RB through the hole…Lucas would solidify the OT spots alongside Jenkins for years to come and allow Borom to move inside where I think he could develop into a star in his own right…the OL would average around 6-6” 320lbs outside of Whitehair all with OT experience and athletic traits allowing us to run a ton of different blocking schemes.

Round 5…

CB…Alontae Taylor…6-0” 195lbs…Tennessee…

As much as signing Fuller would be great alongside Johnson with Vildor moving inside to man the slot would give us a quality starting three we still wouldn’t have much behind those starters at all…for me we need to continue to find these 5th round steals like we had under Pace…Taylor is a guy who brings prototype H/W/S for the position as well as length and ball skills…Taylor  knows what to expect of the scheme we would be running and what he will be asked to do...Taylor would also be a quality special teamer which is important this late in the draft.

Round 5 (via)…

S…Cam Taylor-Britt…6-0” 198lbs…Nebraska…

The strong safety spot is still one that we badly need to find long term stability with…Gipson is an average at best starter who is getting older and doesn’t bring the best out of Eddie Jackson…not only that but the NFL Is becoming more and more about having two Safeties that can cover half the field each…teams like Buffalo have two ex CBs at Safety…the Rams are another team who’s Safeties are both more FS than SS…here we draft a guy who plays CB in college but given his lack of long speed and hip tightness I doubt he is able to stay on the outside but he is exactly the type of player who could make an excellent safety convert…smart, physical and tough Taylor-Britt could become a long term starter at a position that we have never replaced Amos at.

Round 6… 

OG…Marcus McKethan…6-6” 343lbs…North Carolina…

We continue to attack our weakness on the inside with another big OL who has played both inside and out during his college career…McKethan is a really physical player who loves to drive players to the ground in the run game…he is simply bigger and stronger than most humans but still more athletic than his size might suggest…the perfect development player to try and develop behind Norwell long term…I think he could become a real force especially in the run game playing inside at guard if given time.

UDFA

P…Ryan Wright…6-3” 245lbs…Tulane…

O’Donnell is costing more and more and finding a rookie P would save a bit of money…I also think Wright could be a really good punter for a long time based off his stats…c’mon who is watching punters? hahaha.

Depth Chart…

QB…Justin Fields…Andy Dalton

RB…David Montgomery…Khalil Herbert…Damien Williams

WR…Chris Godwin…Jameson Williams

WR…Manny Sanders…Marquise Goodwin

WR…Darnell Mooney…Braxton Berrios…Jakeem Grant

TE…Cole Kmet…Jesse James…Jasper Horsted

LT…Teven Jenkins…Elijah Wilkinson

LG…Andrew Norwell…Matt Pryor

C…Cody Whitehair…Sam Mustipher

RG…Larry Borom…Marcus McKethan

RT…Abraham Lucas…Germain Ifedi

LE…Angelo Blackson…B.J Hill

NT…Eddie Goldman…Khyiris Tonga

RE…Bilal Nichols…Mario Edwards                      

LOLB…Khalil Mack…Ifeadi Odenigbo

ILB…Roquan Smith…Caleb Johsnon

ILB…Alec Ogletree…Danny Trevathan                           

ROLB…Robert Quinn…Trevis Gipson

NB…Kindle Vildor…Duke Shelley                

CB…Kyle Fuller…Alontae Taylor

CB…Jaylon Jackson…Artie Burns                  

SS…Tashaun Gipson…Cam Taylor-Britt…Deon Bush                    

FS…Eddie Jackson…Deandre Houston-Carson                   

P…Ryan Wright

K…Cario Santos

LS…Patrick Scales

Edited by Madmike90
  • Like 5

Agree to the fact that A-Rob simply isn't cutting it. We need to upgrade at the position and upgrade big. I also wouldn't mind a DJ Chark to help stretch the field or even Courtland Sutton with his diverse route tree.

Even though Robinson is solid, he really isn't of much use aside from the occasional first down. We really need a vertical threat or a target with some size. In the Red Zone, we don't have enough targets aside from Kmet. Also, we lack the pass catching ability from the running back position. It sure is a far cry from having a Matt Forte that can challenge the other team with the short passing or the screen game to complement his power running game.

I also wouldn't mind bringing back Fuller if the price is right.

But right now I think the main objective is building a cohesive unit around Fields. Our weakness is at O-Line and our lack of weapons. We really need to upgrade our offense if were ever going to compete with the Heavy Contenders in the NFL.

Offensive Wish List (including draft and Free Agency):

1) Let A-Rob walk and sign a WR that can add another dimension to the offense: Size, Speed, or Route-Tree

2) With our #2 draft pick either draft a WR/RB/Interior Lineman: This team is truly in a rebuilding mode but might as well treat this pick like a first round pick and draft for value. With QB/EDGE/OT getting priority in the first round we should still be in the running for a good player for our position of need.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BACK2MACKSACK said:

Agree to the fact that A-Rob simply isn't cutting it. We need to upgrade at the position and upgrade big. I also wouldn't mind a DJ Chark to help stretch the field or even Courtland Sutton with his diverse route tree.

Even though Robinson is solid, he really isn't of much use aside from the occasional first down. We really need a vertical threat or a target with some size. In the Red Zone, we don't have enough targets aside from Kmet. Also, we lack the pass catching ability from the running back position. It sure is a far cry from having a Matt Forte that can challenge the other team with the short passing or the screen game to complement his power running game.

I also wouldn't mind bringing back Fuller if the price is right.

But right now I think the main objective is building a cohesive unit around Fields. Our weakness is at O-Line and our lack of weapons. We really need to upgrade our offense if were ever going to compete with the Heavy Contenders in the NFL.

Offensive Wish List (including draft and Free Agency):

1) Let A-Rob walk and sign a WR that can add another dimension to the offense: Size, Speed, or Route-Tree

2) With our #2 draft pick either draft a WR/RB/Interior Lineman: This team is truly in a rebuilding mode but might as well treat this pick like a first round pick and draft for value. With QB/EDGE/OT getting priority in the first round we should still be in the running for a good player for our position of need.

I respectfully disagree.  I think our backs do a pretty decent job catching out of the backfield.  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

I worry a bit about that receiving group because it lacks a bit of size and verticality. I think adding a taller HWS guy as a downfield that would be a good alternative to Sanders.

But overall I like the direction. Add linemen and add weapons. That should be the focus.

The thought process with the WR core is that both with Alabama & Buffalo Daboll has never had a meaningful WR over 6-2" tall...having a big body doesn't seem to matter in his scheme...it is all about route running and quickness.

Finally got  a min to dig in on this. Really good work Mike. 

I'm not sold that Blackson is a starter but if we are going to have him as a primarybpmayer of actually like to see Tonga out there. He's far from fleet of foot but he offers a stoutness vs the run that would help keep scraping LBs from getting mucked up on stretches to his side. When Goldman needs a break then Blackson goes to DE and Tonga bounces inside. 

Love the moves at OL. CB is still worrisome but for one off-season there is only so much that can be done and you went the right direction in protecting Fields first. 

Coaching moves are all solid too. I'd make Judge the highest paid ST coach in the league. 

3 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Finally got  a min to dig in on this. Really good work Mike. 

I'm not sold that Blackson is a starter but if we are going to have him as a primarybpmayer of actually like to see Tonga out there. He's far from fleet of foot but he offers a stoutness vs the run that would help keep scraping LBs from getting mucked up on stretches to his side. When Goldman needs a break then Blackson goes to DE and Tonga bounces inside. 

Love the moves at OL. CB is still worrisome but for one off-season there is only so much that can be done and you went the right direction in protecting Fields first. 

Coaching moves are all solid too. I'd make Judge the highest paid ST coach in the league. 

Yeah no double I would have liked to have done more on every level of the defence but as you said there is only so much we can do in one offseason...protecting Fields and getting him more weapons has to be the primary objective this offseason...hope with a better offence the D has enough for one more season then focus on rebuilding that D in the 2023 draft and make a run at it with a 2nd year coaching staff...3rd year QB...and a balanced out team.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Yeah no double I would have liked to have done more on every level of the defence but as you said there is only so much we can do in one offseason...protecting Fields and getting him more weapons has to be the primary objective this offseason...hope with a better offence the D has enough for one more season then focus on rebuilding that D in the 2023 draft and make a run at it with a 2nd year coaching staff...3rd year QB...and a balanced out team.

Plus for 2022 that means Johnson should be taking another step forward. Maybe he becomes a legit number on and then Fuller has less pressure to be the top CB. Vildor might rebound when he goes back to the slot too. 

29 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

I guess this is fine

Well...I mean, I didn't say GREAT, right?

He had a couple of good moments. The jury's still out as to whether he can be an important piece. 

Which is beyond frustrating. Pace drafts all these cornerbacks, and we don't even know if any of them should be part of the plan. 

37 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Well...I mean, I didn't say GREAT, right?

He had a couple of good moments. The jury's still out as to whether he can be an important piece. 

Which is beyond frustrating. Pace drafts all these cornerbacks, and we don't even know if any of them should be part of the plan. 

What about him allowing a QB rating of 147 on the year, personally I think he is a back up player only maybe spot starter.

On 11/8/2021 at 9:46 PM, Madmike90 said:

Patricia was a really poor HC in Detroit however no one can question his resume as a DC

I mean, they can and they should. 

Imagine signing three WR’s in free agency and then taking one with our first pick lol. 

2 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

I guess this is fine

Cornerback Kindle Vildor continued to give up completions at a high rate, allowing four catches on only five targets for 62 yards and a touchdown. 

Although I agree Vildor didn't necessarily have a good game (at first watch).....I'd suggest considering using a better source next time because PFF is terrible. The All-22 footage is not even released yet. How are they grading him based on every play when they can't even see him or the defensive assignments.

Vildor made some good tackles and good plays in coverage but I dont think it was enough to make up for the amount of mishaps either. It was an average game, at best.

The staff really screwed up when they moved him from NB to boundary. He has the ability to be a healthier Callahan at NB but a liability at boundary.

• Like 1